And we have game.

They never mentioned that War Machine is multiplayer-only. That's a rather significant oversight.
Yeah, as I recall they only mentioned it in passing. I think it was yesterday while Carl was playing Black Death and Sarah was interviewing the Scenario Designer. I hadn't heard it before then.

My download started at about 8 after the hour, we'll see how long it takes my internet to download.

They never mentioned that War Machine is multiplayer-only. That's a rather significant oversight.

But it doesn't really matter. As with all MP scenarios, War Machine can be played as an SP-equivalent campaign by setting all opponents to be AI. In the War Machine scenario, which is set up as a duel, this means the only other playable opponent is set for AI, while in other scenarios all other playable civs would be set to AI.

About a 40 minute download for me (I got the full 3GB download), not sure what the math on that works out to be. Time to start the game, though I kind of want to get a tea ready, and maybe check the news to make sure it's not the end of the world.

The logos at the beginning have different sounds. After many times of hearing the same sounds for 2K and Firaxis I'm not used to it.

I’ll say this here because I don’t think this warrants a new thread...

But is anyone else considering waiting for the 30 day patch before playing?

I’m really keen to jump in this weekend... but wondering if I should just live vicariously and wait a little bit in case the bugs etc. burn my eyes...

I was watching the dev play a few hours before release .. they mentioned it there... late ... but there.
Toa's... upgradeable, count the -5 at sea stackable and seem to be able to repair pillaged tiles!
Whole maori army has no dismbark cost and moves so fast at sea that they are a mighty scary sea attack civ.... in fact why travel by land at all.

Worst impression: I warmongered my way through 3 civs and life is just fine, in fact warmongering is easier and the world congress has helped me more than hindered. never built a dam, the odd flood was of 0 consequence, I had a tornado where there was trees. but basically the game seems easier. slower AI civ to develop.

We already knew the Toa was overpowered. We complained about it in the Maori First look thread. It's stronger than Roman Legions (which require 20 iron now).

We already knew the Toa was overpowered. We complained about it in the Maori First look thread. It's stronger than Roman Legions (which require 20 iron now).

The only open question was whether that was necessary to overcome the likelihood that the Maori would have to fight their way to a decent sized empire, given that they were more likely than not to land on occupied shores.

Top Bottom