AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

I've capitulated Lincoln and forced him to give me his potatoes but please look at the "current deals we've together": although he offers me potatoes I receive none of them.:cry:
I've seen it happening before. Can you please post a save? Thanks

I upgraded one Infantry to Motorized Infantry
As you an see it's same
We know, but there's nothing we can do about it. It's because you're playing with Single Unit Graphics. If you uncheck it from options and use default graphics with multiple units, you'll see Motorized Infantry has a truck next to the soldier.

There is a very curious bug, i encounter since the last 2 updates i think. My research % adjust itself! Sometimes i got +5% for espionage, then the research goes from 65 to 55%! Is this a new feature or a bug? lol.

There is a very curious bug, i encounter since the last 2 updates i think. My research % adjust itself! Sometimes i got +5% for espionage, then the research goes from 65 to 55%! Is this a new feature or a bug? lol.
It happens since months actually and I don't know what's causing it. It usually happens when changing revision or when recalculating, but sometimes it suddenly happens during the game.

45°38'N-13°47'E;14190241 said:
I've seen it happening before. Can you please post a save? Thanks

Save uploaded.

Attachments

• savegame.rar
    3.2 MB · Views: 49
when I mouseover monastery, I read it's obsolete with research of computer tech
but I not yet have computer tech, nevertheless, all monasteries no longer able to build and former built monasteries of religions which not also have a church or temple, also are gone.

monasteries should be able to build w/o need that for that religion also a temple is there, and that the more, if you own the holy city related and run with secular.

(in my setting I own all holy cities and run secular. All religions for that I did not build a temple lost their monastery. I have no idea, when it happened, as in earlier game I didn't notice that.)

when I mouseover monastery, I read it's obsolete with research of computer tech
but I not yet have computer tech, nevertheless, all monasteries no longer able to build and former built monasteries of religions which not also have a church or temple, also are gone.

monasteries should be able to build w/o need that for that religion also a temple is there, and that the more, if you own the holy city related and run with secular.

(in my setting I own all holy cities and run secular. All religions for that I did not build a temple lost their monastery. I have no idea, when it happened, as in earlier game I didn't notice that.)

Working as designed. You can build temples if you have the temple's religion in your city. For other religious buildings (monasteries and cathedrals) are required both the religion in that city and having the religion as state religion, unless you're running Free Church or Secular. Post a save if you have any doubt.

TO ALL: guys, really, if you think there's a bug POST A SAVE. I will not answer anymore to posts about bugs or supposed bugs if there's no savegame attached.

45°38'N-13°47'E;14191352 said:
Working as designed. You can build temples if you have the temple's religion in your city. For other religious buildings (monasteries and cathedrals) are required both the religion in that city and having the religion as state religion, unless you're running Free Church or Secular.

I still think it's not working correctly, sav attached

- I run Secular
- I have all holy cities
- I have the option to build a temple for all, means the religion(s) is/are in that city
- I can build/have build monasteries only for those religions, for that I have/build first the temple

and I think, that is wrong, and this does not happen in early game, when I could build the monasteries before the temples, resp. the monasteries only.

But all the monasteries which I built are lost in later game if not also the temple was build.

I have no idea when that happened exactly.

Save uploaded.

Now that's interesting. If you play on 4 more turns, you can cancel that deal with Lincoln and then ask him again for potatoes. You won't still get any. If you don't ask but look inside his cities when he's not giving potatoes to you, you'll notice 1 potatoes resource but the tooltip tells you he has "-1". I wonder what might be causing it. Do you have any older save so that I can check when that thing started? Thanks

I still think it's not working correctly, sav attached

- I run Secular
- I have all holy cities
- I have the option to build a temple for all, means the religion(s) is/are in that city
- I can build/have build monasteries only for those religions, for that I have/build first the temple

and I think, that is wrong, and this does not happen in early game, when I could build the monasteries before the temples, resp. the monasteries only.

But all the monasteries which I built are lost in later game if not also the temple was build.

I have no idea when that happened exactly.

Dreifels, I suggest you read carefully a building's description in Civilopedia when you build it. I'll give you a hint: school.

@Dreifels - What has happened is that you've researched PUBLIC SCHOOLING.

This OBSOLETES the Monastic builds, replaced by the School building.

Temples you still can build in your cities, for the populations worshipping, it is the Opiate of the masses.

Some ones been a naughty civ player, they have Cathedral builds for Temple of Tlaloc (Cathedral build) in ALL cities, when you can only build 1/ (snail speed ratio) Temple of Amun. (says zero in F9 screen)

Normal speed is 1 Cathedral /3 temples.

You have Zero Monasteries in the Game, they are now replaced by schools. If you mouse over the school in a city screen, it says Replaces ......

mouseover theatre I read in red: obsolete with warable computers.
Howevr, I'm just until Globalization and have Electronics only, not yet computer tech.
Nevertheless, I can't build Theatre.

sav attached as required

mouseover theatre I read in red: obsolete with warable computers.
Howevr, I'm just until Globalization and have Electronics only, not yet computer tech.
Nevertheless, I can't build Theatre.

sav attached as required
Are you sure there's no other building you've already built that replaces theatre? I'm not talking about obsolescence, but replacement.

45°38'N-13°47'E;14181831 said:
Sorry but I don't have a steam version so I don't know what might cause it. I hope someone using steam can help you.

Can i get a link to the non full installer version? im running an old version of it and it works fine. The new full installer simply can't find beyond the sword.exe in the steam version.

45°38'N-13°47'E;14191463 said:
Now that's interesting. If you play on 4 more turns, you can cancel that deal with Lincoln and then ask him again for potatoes. You won't still get any. If you don't ask but look inside his cities when he's not giving potatoes to you, you'll notice 1 potatoes resource but the tooltip tells you he has "-1". I wonder what might be causing it. Do you have any older save so that I can check when that thing started? Thanks

After the attached savegame, capitulated Lincoln completes the improvement that provides potatoes and I ask for potatoes as tribute from him.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1877-Summer.rar
    3.1 MB · Views: 54
45°38'N-13°47'E;14191599 said:
Are you sure there's no other building you've already built that replaces theatre? I'm not talking about obsolescence, but replacement.

then Civopedia is wrong:
there is theatre "replaced by Pavillon", but if I look at Pavillon, Pavillon is exclusive building of Chinese empire.

Also, there is to read that Pavillon is required to build Globe Theatre and Dyonysus Theatre, what both is much earlier and Pavillon is the replacement for Storyteller.

For me this all sounds like there is a big mismath in description, and I find no building that is replacement for theatre if player is not Chinese, while I think Pavillon isn't the replacement anyways.

And I'm pretty sure that no city has a pavillon.

BTW: did you read my posting http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=14189227&highlight=Transifex#post14189227 ? :hmm:

found another thing, that (minimum) is confusing, maybe a failure:

The building "Nahrungsmittelfabrik" gives -12 food as the information is if mouseover the image. Should be + 12 if I calculate right.
(I could not find the English word for it by full text research for "Nahrungsmittelfabrik", pls see screenshot)

Edit
found it, it's the Food Processing Plant

then Civopedia is wrong:
there is theatre "replaced by Pavillon", but if I look at Pavillon, Pavillon is exclusive building of Chinese empire.

Also, there is to read that Pavillon is required to build Globe Theatre and Dyonysus Theatre, what both is much earlier and Pavillon is the replacement for Storyteller.

For me this all sounds like there is a big mismath in description, and I find no building that is replacement for theatre if player is not Chinese, while I think Pavillon isn't the replacement anyways.

And I'm pretty sure that no city has a pavillon.

BTW: did you read my posting http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=14189227&highlight=Transifex#post14189227 ? :hmm:
Pavillon is a unique building for Chinese, not a replacement building. And you have to read a building's description BEFORE building it. For example have you tried reading Movie Theater description before building it?

Top Bottom