AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Hello, I'm on version 1049 of this mod. The game sometimes automatically changes the weights of the espionage spent per civilization. It changes it to something silly like in the attached screenshot.

Is this a bug or something?

Bug but with don't know what's causing it. It usually happens when you update the mod or use ctrl+shift+t to recalc. Did it happen to you simply during a game? No recalc, no update?

When I load the opening screen, it says "Update Available!". When I click on the Update Available button, all I have is a blank screen for "Changes (last 50)" Local and Remote both say 1050.

I have the same thing, I even reinstalled it and still get the same thing, thought in case my versions got bugged.

Only local and remote state : error

After I reinstalled.

fix installation did not work...

Is it still happening? I have tried now but I don't get any "update available" message.
Clicking on "See latest changes" anyway only displays an empty window. I'll check again and see if the problem solves itself or if we need to check the server.

Bug but with don't know what's causing it. It usually happens when you update the mod or use ctrl+shift+t to recalc. Did it happen to you simply during a game? No recalc, no update?

It happened in the middle of a game. It happened after I had manually changed the weight of a civ for the first time.

SVN 1050 - Ranged Bombardment from Ships V's city defenders.

Range bombardment doesn't seem to be working for Destroyers/Iron clad battleships and earlier vessels V's city defenders.

I might only have a success rate of 20%, but when I get a green notification, it won't damage the defenders.

I can bombard defences down, no problem, but can't gain ranged bombardment against the city defenders.

All units have ranged bombardment abilities, and I have it enabled (Checked this 1st)

I remember it working for later ships in a previous version, has something been changed and not updated??

2nd item, Republic.

Its too easy, once you get a critical mass of cities, and have built the infrastructure in those cities to run Republic.

I my self, in my current game, have 110 Cities, 2 I'm trying to lose, so 108.

I can run Republic, with 30% Culture, and 25% science rates, and still be making gold each turn.

NO cities are building wealth, they only build science, once they have completed builds.

I can make MORE science, at a lower rate, then I could in Federation, even with the 'Cost penalties.

Solution, make the city cost, a log rhythmic function above a certain number of cities, scaled to map size. Normal maps, say 7-10 cities, scale from there. That way each additional city, ABOVE the 'ideal' level, will exponentially increase the city maintenance cost.

Palace distance and number of cities maintenance costs are already made to increase exponentially, just so you know. Maybe the exponent requires tweaking, I don't know.

Is it still happening? I have tried now but I don't get any "update available" message.
Clicking on "See latest changes" anyway only displays an empty window. I'll check again and see if the problem solves itself or if we need to check the server.

Still happening, just like before. I get update available, followed by an empty window.

Still happening, just like before. I get update available, followed by an empty window.

Yup states for in the begin screen with the prehistoric bull:
Mod Rev. error

Then a blank screen after clicking update/or view version:
Local: error
Remote: error

Feels like a server issue, this is after a reinstall so it is now 1031

Last edited:
Rev build 1050 - Interception 1

I received this random event, on the very turn I researched Industrialism. I haven't researched FLIGHT as yet, but this is where the promotion becomes available.

Solution - Change the random event to check for Flight, to trigger event.

*Edit* Melee promotions - These should expire, say with Rifling. By that stage your double any Melee unit in strength, just on base units, seem superfluous by this stage.

Last edited:
More on ranged bombardment

It doesn't seem to be working for Dreadnoughts or Destroyers either.

I've just range bombarded 2 ships, all were green notifications, but no damage??

I have Range bombardment on and opportunity fire enabled, but I've turned archer bombardment off, as siege use it as well.

It was working in prior SVN versions

Confirmed. A stack of enemy Frigates bombards mine, mixed red and green results but no damage. I bombard "green" enemy Musketeers, no damage. Immunity?

EDIT: v 1045, before the latest changes to ships, before 0-size city fixes.

Long ago there were multiple buttons for selecting whether to bombard units, tile improvements, defenses, etc... maybe a remnant of that is at fault?

Last edited:
Zip the save and upload it here, I think zip limit is 10Mb which should be enough. If you put it on the forum or upload it somewhere, other people can test. And no, I don't have Steam, I sincerely hate it :lol:

hi like we discussed i send you the save game i tryied also a new game and the same happens, when i am at that time normally it shouldn`t be like this, that i wait half a minit after finishing the turn.

https://www.file-upload.net/download-12308073/AutoSave_v.Chr.-3178.rar.html

"Update available" followed by empty window problem appears to be fixed. It says last revision is 1050. Thanks.

We haven't done anything, I think. Probably some server-side issue that solved by itself. :)

hi like we discussed i send you the save game i tryied also a new game and the same happens, when i am at that time normally it shouldn`t be like this, that i wait half a minit after finishing the turn.

https://www.file-upload.net/download-12308073/AutoSave_v.Chr.-3178.rar.html

I've tried your save; it takes about 20-30 seconds on my pc, which is 7-8 years old. But I don't find it surprising: your map is not Large as you stated in a previous post, it's Gigantic...

Hello, I'm on version 1049 of this mod. The game sometimes automatically changes the weights of the espionage spent per civilization. It changes it to something silly like in the attached screenshot.

Is this a bug or something?

Bug, but I still don't know what's causing it.

i just checked a new game i added only 12 empires and a not so giant map and the end of turns was moving right 1-3 seconds for every turn but after dont know 130 oder 150 turns from 1 turn to the next it took me 20-30seconds you know it did not move slow before and after that pojnt every turn took 30 seconds that is realyl strange, do you have a idea if i can add more RAM to the game?

Turn on Graphic paging, that speeds up the turn times for me.

1st Tab in Bug menu, bottom left of options.

That reduces the graphics loading to only that of the screen, but keeps it in memory when you shift view, but would reload each turn to screen again.

Turn on Graphic paging, that speeds up the turn times for me.

1st Tab in Bug menu, bottom left of options.

That reduces the graphics loading to only that of the screen, but keeps it in memory when you shift view, but would reload each turn to screen again.

That's ON by default now. I don't even remember if you can switch it off anymore.

Maybe related, the option "Show Enemy Moves" doesn't work, v1045. I tried paging OFF and restart game, but still no.

But fair enough if in any case the AI can't see units passing into then out of view. In terms of gameplay it means a human player might not notice enemy armies approaching through friendly visible territory. Lazy human eyes, look sharp!

please check this save game, it is just a few turns before it changes from 1-3 seconds to 30-40 sexonds, i would understand if it would go slowly up lets say after 100 turns 5 sec after 100 more turns 10 sec, but like this from one turn to the next this big differance is strange, i remeber it was not like this before, even if its a large or gigantik map. maybe Steam is the problem? or i dont know, i tested it also on a Laptop where i have other securety systems on it and it was the same.

https://www.file-upload.net/download-12314361/AutoSave_v.Chr.-3828.CivBeyondSwordSave.html

Top Bottom