AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Thanks for your answers, 45° and Vokarya.

Realistic Culture Spread is awesome, you have to decide even more carefully where to build a new city.

Hey, i wonder what those other inactive BUG options are :) Maybe i try Flexible AI for example.

Have fun, I suggest you use both flexible difficulty and flexible AI, it will change your handicap and Al's as well depending on how you all perform. I suggest you set the timer to 5 turns on blitz and scaled up for other gamespeeds (10 for normal, 15 for epic, 20 for marathon, 30 for snail and 40 for eternity).

SVN 1054 Re-spawning of holy cities.

Holy Cities won't re-spawn, even when you have this option selected in the Bug menu.

I think I've found the problem.

in XML under A_New_Dawn Globaldefines.xml

<Define>

<DefineName>OC_RESPAWN_HOLY_CITIES</DefineName>

<iDefineIntVal>0</iDefineIntVal>

</Define>

Change this to 1 to allow re-spawning of holy cities. Located in A_New_Dawn Globaldefines.xml, under xml, hard coded to 0 (zero), changing with a comment will be over written in an update, and too important a file to ignore under updates.

Even though I have re-spawn holy cities checked, and it does show as being checked in another XML file, but this one DOESN'T change to reflect this option.

Either change this option to 1, and if people DON'T want re-spawning of holy cities, the other file will stay at zero to reflect this.

OR

Correctly link this file to the bug menu options.

Thats the limit of my knowledge. I found this by accident, looking for something else, which I've know forgotten what was so important to look into files??? I'll realize again at some later date.

Hello Guys, mod's fantastic but if you want to play with a good AI a lot of options are not usable. I love revolutions but if you play Romans = automatic win (Loyalty bonus from pretorians ). Is there a way to modify the XML so that the revolution mod works only for me, the human player? I am thinking about a normal revolution index for human players and a revolution index for AI equal to 0 so that the AI will never have revolutions that cripple them too bad, it's no funny when no AI can develop when their empires constantly are revolting!! :D Keep the good work, I thank all of you modders for your commitment during all these years.

Have fun, I suggest you use both flexible difficulty and flexible AI, it will change your handicap and Al's as well depending on how you all perform. I suggest you set the timer to 5 turns on blitz and scaled up for other gamespeeds (10 for normal, 15 for epic, 20 for marathon, 30 for snail and 40 for eternity).

Oh, that statement about Flexible AI is cool that way, as it sets the difficulty level accordingly to how well I'm playing at the moment. I'll turn this on the next time, too.
I understood it before as if it would just have been increased every xx rounds until it reaches Deity level.

So the only thing left to me now is that overall increase of the unit production costs by 300%. I have said enough about wow I would have liked it to be handled instead.
But if you really want to stay with it could you please make that a selectable option, maybe at game start and also make that value more flexible (100% (default), 125%, 150%, 175%, 200%, 250%, 300% for example)?
That would be nice.
If you haven't touched much more than the tech costs to compensate the unit production cost increase you could use that value to place a multiplier there that accordingly decreases the tech costs to the selected unit production cost factor.
Well, just an idea...

Holy Cities won't re-spawn, even when you have this option selected in the Bug menu.

<Define>

</Define>

Change this to 1 to allow re-spawning of holy cities. Located in A_New_Dawn Globaldefines.xml, under xml, hard coded to 0 (zero), changing with a comment will be over written in an update, and too important a file to ignore under updates.

Even though I have re-spawn holy cities checked, and it does show as being checked in another XML file, but this one DOESN'T change to reflect this option.

Either change this option to 1, and if people DON'T want re-spawning of holy cities, the other file will stay at zero to reflect this.

OR

Thats the limit of my knowledge. I found this by accident, looking for something else, which I've know forgotten what was so important to look into files??? I'll realize again at some later date.

Never noticed, I'll check.

Hello Guys, mod's fantastic but if you want to play with a good AI a lot of options are not usable. I love revolutions but if you play Romans = automatic win (Loyalty bonus from pretorians ). Is there a way to modify the XML so that the revolution mod works only for me, the human player? I am thinking about a normal revolution index for human players and a revolution index for AI equal to 0 so that the AI will never have revolutions that cripple them too bad, it's no funny when no AI can develop when their empires constantly are revolting!! :D Keep the good work, I thank all of you modders for your commitment during all these years.

Revolution works for all players, but you can select human revolution level under BUG options and make it harder for yourself only.

Oh, that statement about Flexible AI is cool that way, as it sets the difficulty level accordingly to how well I'm playing at the moment. I'll turn this on the next time, too.
I understood it before as if it would just have been increased every xx rounds until it reaches Deity level.

So the only thing left to me now is that overall increase of the unit production costs by 300%. I have said enough about wow I would have liked it to be handled instead.
But if you really want to stay with it could you please make that a selectable option, maybe at game start and also make that value more flexible (100% (default), 125%, 150%, 175%, 200%, 250%, 300% for example)?
That would be nice.
If you haven't touched much more than the tech costs to compensate the unit production cost increase you could use that value to place a multiplier there that accordingly decreases the tech costs to the selected unit production cost factor.
Well, just an idea...

I'm not going to revert that change for the moment but you can do it yourself easily editing Civ4gamespeedinfo.Xml iTrainPercent value. I suggest being careful anyway because in the dll sometimes those value are used for different purposes too and you might end up crippling something unexpected.

Hey 45° I'm having problems loading games in your mod now. I can start new games but I can never go back into a saved game this happens with even older versions of ROM, It gets stuck at 3/4 and I've waited several minutes. Turning on logging for BTS shows no useful output for the mod. How do I enable logs for ROM?

Hey 45° I'm having problems loading games in your mod now. I can start new games but I can never go back into a saved game this happens with even older versions of ROM, It gets stuck at 3/4 and I've waited several minutes. Turning on logging for BTS shows no useful output for the mod. How do I enable logs for ROM?

Can you save a new game and then load that same save? I suggest you try clearing the cache from the launcher, if that doesn't work try setting DisableFileCaching and DisableXmlCaching to 1 in CivilizationIV.ini (I don't remember the exact name of the entries in the ini file bit it should be something similar). Logging might be of little help here, anyway logging can be enabled always inside ini file. If nothing works, try reinstalling.

<Define>

</Define>

OR

THanks for noticing this! I've noted this occurring in my game, and it bothered me greatly.
So, several religions in my game are already sans holy cities. Should this mean that all of them will be reassigned HC once I load?

On an unrelated note, I've had a strange error for every version of AND2. When starting up, I get about 8 or so XML errors, saying something about classes being missing. This doesn't have a noticeable effect on gameplay, but it's been concerning me for some time. I certainly hope it isn't just me running into these warnings.

THanks for noticing this! I've noted this occurring in my game, and it bothered me greatly.
So, several religions in my game are already sans holy cities. Should this mean that all of them will be reassigned HC once I load?

On an unrelated note, I've had a strange error for every version of AND2. When starting up, I get about 8 or so XML errors, saying something about classes being missing. This doesn't have a noticeable effect on gameplay, but it's been concerning me for some time. I certainly hope it isn't just me running into these warnings.

Holy cities will probably not be respawned, it will only work in a new game.
As for xml errors, it's a bad installation. You're probably using MegaCivPack without the latest patch, see MCP thread.

When you have an error like that, post exactly what you see. If anything is wrong, we might be able to figure out what exactly is happening.

Can you save a new game and then load that same save? I suggest you try clearing the cache from the launcher, if that doesn't work try setting DisableFileCaching and DisableXmlCaching to 1 in CivilizationIV.ini (I don't remember the exact name of the entries in the ini file bit it should be something similar). Logging might be of little help here, anyway logging can be enabled always inside ini file. If nothing works, try reinstalling.

It finally loads every time now and I think it's because it's installing the mod in the wrong path for it to work under Linux.

By default the installer points to
Code:
$HOME/user/My Games/Beyond The Sword/MODS

After putting it in my .wine dotfile it worked.
Code:
$HOME/user/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/2K Games/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete/Beyond the Sword/Mods/

45°, the problem with date resetting to 0 after 2200 AD exists also in the buildings list at the left of the city screen.When hovering mouse over a building in the list,it shows the year it's built.
The date at the top right of the main screen has been fixed.

45°, the problem with date resetting to 0 after 2200 AD exists also in the buildings list at the left of the city screen.When hovering mouse over a building in the list,it shows the year it's built.
The date at the top right of the main screen has been fixed.

If you're talking about an old game, I'm not sure that can be fixed as that info might be stored in the savegame. In a new game, it shouldn't happen. If it's a brand new game post a save please and I'll look at it. Thanks.

If you're talking about an old game, I'm not sure that can be fixed as that info might be stored in the savegame. In a new game, it shouldn't happen. If it's a brand new game post a save please and I'll look at it. Thanks.

No, its'not a new game.It has a several revisions loaded.I'm talking about buildings that have been built after your fix.
Anyway, not a big problem.
Thanks.

No, its'not a new game.It has a several revisions loaded.I'm talking about buildings that have been built after your fix.
Anyway, not a big problem.
Thanks.

Uh, those should have worked if built after the fix. I'll check the code, thanks.

SVN 1054 Tunnels under ice

More on the tunnels problem I'm having.

I find I can't use Tunnels that I've build, that run under ice flows.

I still can't build them with the work boats either.

It shows the tunnel, but says it's impassible ??

I haven't altered ice or tunnels.

*Edit 1

Error with UN voting. If you have the option to put forward a resolution to "Declare war on Civ X", Civ X will get a vote in the resolution.

Now they could 'defy' the resolution, or could vote 'yes' to "Declare war on themselves??"

Fortunately, the Civ's in Question, an alliance, both voted No only, every one else voted YES!!!

Just an Anomaly with the UN voting.

Last edited:
SVN 1054 Tunnels under ice

More on the tunnels problem I'm having.

I find I can't use Tunnels that I've build, that run under ice flows.

I still can't build them with the work boats either.

It shows the tunnel, but says it's impassible ??

I haven't altered ice or tunnels.

*Edit 1

Error with UN voting. If you have the option to put forward a resolution to "Declare war on Civ X", Civ X will get a vote in the resolution.

Now they could 'defy' the resolution, or could vote 'yes' to "Declare war on themselves??"

Fortunately, the Civ's in Question, an alliance, both voted No only, every one else voted YES!!!

Just an Anomaly with the UN voting.

I'll have a look at tunnel under ice; as for Un vote, it's intended. Target civ can vote NO or defy resolution.

Having some problems playing on recent versions of this mod. I am currently playing with a copy of the game from steam which is installed with Play On Linux. I have got everything to work correctly and can play the game if I use the rev. 1031 version of the mod that comes with the installer. However if I use the installer to update to the latest revision I get problems where the game hangs. I have noticed one hang in the menu, though usually I can get through that. The real problem is that the program hangs when initializing a new game every time. I have been unable to get past this stage and actually start a game despite multiple installs / reinstalls. At this point I am pretty much at the end of my rope with reguards to fixing this. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to address this? I would really like to be able to play on the latest revision, since you made some pretty important improvements to the mod since last year.

Having some problems playing on recent versions of this mod. I am currently playing with a copy of the game from steam which is installed with Play On Linux. I have got everything to work correctly and can play the game if I use the rev. 1031 version of the mod that comes with the installer. However if I use the installer to update to the latest revision I get problems where the game hangs. I have noticed one hang in the menu, though usually I can get through that. The real problem is that the program hangs when initializing a new game every time. I have been unable to get past this stage and actually start a game despite multiple installs / reinstalls. At this point I am pretty much at the end of my rope with reguards to fixing this. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to address this? I would really like to be able to play on the latest revision, since you made some pretty important improvements to the mod since last year.

I'm sorry but I don't have any way to debug any problem with Linux. To tell the truth no recent change should have any effect with Linux, but I am afraid that I can offer no advice. Maybe IPEX can because he's using RAND with Linux and he's using the latest release if I'm not mistaken.

The only thing I can think of is what version of wine are you using with Play on Linux.

I use wine directly, I recently tried using version 2.4 the staging branch, but I found it wouldn't load the game 6/7 times, very frustrating, I eventually gave up, as it also had some other problems, such as crashing when ever I pressed the alt key.

I've gone back to 1.6.2 Very stable.

Emulate windows XP, as its a game of over 10yr's old, 32 bit, even though I run a 64 bit system

As well, use the CivAltRt.py file included with the mod, follow the instructions contained within.

To summarize my 3 biggest tips.

1) Wine version 1.6.2 works best.
2) Emulate windows XP, as this best reflects the installation directory.
3) Use the CivAltRt.py file included with the mod, top most directory.

Links contained below to my full musings on this, its an ongoing discovery.

Top Bottom