Anno Domini (Civ 6 version) available now! [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
great mod
however i loaded a game and i have bugs with names of building and tech

Last edited:
Thanks a lot everyone. Okay, so here's for the first set of opinions on the direction of Anno Domini for Civ 6. Please let me know what you think.
01. Should Anno Domini be one big download (not so big at the moment....but it will be!) or should I spTlit it off as I did in Civ 5? In the Civ 5 version, there was the base game with no civilizations in it and there were several packs with groups of civilizations, e.g. Greek civs, Battle for the Nile, Roman Britain, etc. The disadvantage is that you have lots of smaller mods in your database, but the advantage is that you have more control over the civilizations in the selection pool. If I only wanted to play a game with Greek factions, I could select just the Greek civs pack and random opponents would be chosen from it (rather than me having to manually select them every time). You can mix and match of course and if required, have all the civs in the selection pool. It helped with those who felt that Anno Domini should only be about the Ancient Med and even appealed to those who weren't particularly looking for Anno Domini as such but wanted a game where you could play as Ancient British tribes.
02. If we go with the split civs, does it follow that this time, I should arrange the city-states to match? So, if I'm playing an Ancient Britain game only, the city-states should also be from Ancient Britain only.
03. What do you see as the timeframe of Anno Domini? Here's the main options:
a. Dawn of time up to the Dark Ages.
b. Dawn of time up to the Norman Conquest.
c. Dawn of time up to the discovery of gunpowder.
d. Dawn of time up to around 1492 and the discovery of the New World.
There is no scientific victory in Anno Domini currently, so it would be good to have one that matches the timeframe of the mod - so, for example, if we went with the discovery of the New World, the scientific victory could be around getting a ship ready to sail to the New World. More timeframe is not necessarily better though as some have commented in the past they'd prefer to stick with the Ancient world.
04. What do you see as the civilization limits to Anno Domini? One element which will naturally affect this is question three - the later it is, the more civilizations come into play. On the flip side, the more civilizations there are, the more difficult it is to make them truly unique from the rest and keep the colours of the civilizations distinct. I have traditionally started off with "Ancient Med" civilizations and included the fertile crescent, then allowed the range to go as far as the Far East, India, Africa and civilizations such as the Khmer. What about other geographical areas? Do they "fit" or not? Are the "New World" civilizations best kept in the New World and be part of where our civilizations head to?
05. At the moment, I've moved all the units, buildings and wonders generated by civics to being generated on the tech tree. Do you see the civics in Anno Domini working towards government types only?

1 what about one common set : famous ancient time civilisation of mediteranee (roman, greeks, persians etc...) same for city states
2 extra civ in add ons
3 as far as i am concerned your mod is up to dark ages, middle age is a bonus (add on) and the discovery of new world as a mega bonus (2nd addon) other wise you have to create a monster
4 i think there were "too much" in your last mod, I would stickto ancient med tehn I would of course appreciate famous extra european civilization as add on again (asian :khmer, japanese, chinese - then americans -noth - south then "black" african etc..)
5 no idea yet

Karnak seems to be broken. It gives you a free Great Person slot, but you can't fill it and it breaks the notifications by making you have a 'Fill Policy Slot' notification constantly that you can't get rid of.

My game seems to crash at the turn 976 in marathon speed in two of the games I played as Rome and Brigantia any idea where I can post a crash log or where there is a crash log even? for you to look into it?

You can post it here. The one I think I'll need is in your My Documents folder under My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 6/Logs and I believe it's the database log that I need. That said, this is a very early foray into defining what's making the game crash, so I'll do my utmost, but cannot 100% guarantee I'll be able to get to the heart of the issue. Was there anything in common with the two games - were they both at the same turn?

EDIT: Actually, could you also post a saved game so that the crash can be replicated? If you zip or WinRAR it and then attach it to your post, that would be great.

Last edited:
@jimkirk - I've been putting mine in the "scenarios" folder, though there is the same set-up as Civ 5, so I think that technically they should go in the Mods folder in "my games".
i ended up putting into steam>steamapps> so on till i got sid miers civ 6 and either way it showed up in the list of add ons in the game menu

one of my earliest memories of anno domini was anno domini of civ 3 i think it was the ancient civ and the era only went up to a point was fun those days

AutoSave_0975.Civ6Save with that you need to also download this mod http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/divine-yuris-custom-city-panel.601696/ to actually play it which you just put in the DLC folder to make it work along with the aztec dlc if you don't have it I can pass it along for you since it will be free in around 50+ days

need to sort out the another save game file since I last saved it at 938 turns but i'm pretty sure it did crash at after 975 before there was a auto save for it before I started my other game
and also change my mod with it since I used a different one before

but yeah I doubt its the UI mods that caused the problem

also had to change the database from .log to .txt to upload it for some reason

Attachments

• AutoSave_0975.Civ6Save
    2 MB · Views: 136
  • Database.txt
    577 bytes · Views: 87
Anno Domini is a total conversion mod and it could well be the other mod that's the issue. The Civ 5 version crashed in particular with a UI mod. With all due respect, you can't expect me to be loading other mods and seeing what works. I will happily check any issues with Anno Domini in isolation.

Also, whilst well-intentioned I'm sure, it's against site rules to be offering me access to DLC you have in case I don't have it. (I do have it incidentally). Whether everyone gets it in 50+ days or not, it's against the spirit of what Firaxis intended as an offer for those who pre-paid for Civ 6.

Anno Domini is a total conversion mod and it could well be the other mod that's the issue. The Civ 5 version crashed in particular with a UI mod. With all due respect, you can't expect me to be loading other mods and seeing what works. I will happily check any issues with Anno Domini in isolation.

Also, whilst well-intentioned I'm sure, it's against site rules to be offering me access to DLC you have in case I don't have it. (I do have it incidentally). Whether everyone gets it in 50+ days or not, it's against the spirit of what Firaxis intended as an offer for those who pre-paid for Civ 6.

I see didn't really expect UI causing crashes interesting

Sorry don't really want to cause problems with rule breaking but yeah hopefully someone can try it out on standalone and see if they just crash all of a sudden when reaching turn 976 on marathon speed

I am also having a crash, no other mod installed (file attached)

Attachments

• AutoSave_0207.Civ6Save
    871 KB · Views: 113
I tried the mod today. Good mod and continue to play however those berserkers are a killer, literally. A few turns into the start and the kill my warrior, builder and pillage my lands. They seem to be a bit over powered to the begining of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom