Another Civ III MTDG?

Would you join and participate in another [c3c] MTDG?

• Yes - Active Participant

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • Yes - Lurker

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • No - MTDGed Out

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • No - Other

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
peter grimes said:
I agree whole-heartedly that the teams from the first MTDG should not be recognizable.

Whomp may have a good idea there, with 'expectations' being a component of team make-up.
That may be so, but many of us who were on team KISS felt/feel strongly about not having much governmental structure. Perhaps, of those who express interest in playing again, it could be determined the number with a preferred government form. After seeing how many folks prefer what structure, THEN the expectations could be used in allocating people to teams with the type of government they prefer.

Since it appears that all the other teams had elections and offices, that might well mean that KISS members would mostly stay together. We idiots never heard of voting...what is it??? ;)

I would like to stay with idiot buddies if possible.

M.I.A is WAY too neat for me. Their forum looks alphabetized... :shifty:

the only drawback with 5 teams is that would we get enough players to activly fill all 5 teams?

For the record...

I loved the structure of MIA and would have a difficult time staying active in a setting like KISS had.

I think 4 teams is the minimum, 5 is the maximum number.

BCLG100 said:
the only drawback with 5 teams is that would we get enough players to activly fill all 5 teams?
As long as people don't mind maybe being on a team with maybe only 5 or 6 other active people, 5 teams could work fine. Obviously it would make it more of a collective team game than a more organized government game.

RM & I are discussing via PMs when and what we should request from TF in the coming days (a forum, etc...), so sit tight.

does either GA or RM want to play in this one? I wouldn't ming admin-ing.

I would be fine in a "structured" environment even though all politics & government seems more of an anarchy than our anarchy did.

And gmaharriet, we did have a vote or two... remember the Chuck Norris vs Bruce Lee poll? based off of that poll, I think that Beorn and myself need to splinter off and form a Chuck Norris Fan Club team :lol:

Tubby Rower said:
does either GA or RM want to play in this one? I wouldn't ming admin-ing.

Tubby the admin!?! :eek:

Since anything is possible (no matter how crazy) let me be the first to say that Tubby, our Dear Administrator, would be wise, strong, just and good looking. I would be happy to be in the Civers Paradise that Tubby would create...

Attachments

• Kim_Jong_Il_226574s.jpg
    Kim_Jong_Il_226574s.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 67
Five teams would make the teams too small IMO. Look at our civIV MTDG, our team only has like 4 active members.

Kickbooti said:
Tubby the admin!?! :eek:

Since anything is possible (no matter how crazy) let me be the first to say that Tubby, our Dear Administrator, would be wise, strong, just and good looking. I would be happy to be in the Civers Paradise that Tubby would create...

:lol: did you read that the N. Korean media reported that in Kim's first ever game of golf he got something like 12 holes-in-one? That's the kind of press that I need ;)

Well, considering there's around 25 active people voted in this poll, not to mention other possible recruits, I don't think it's unlikely to get at least 5 or 6 active participants per team if we go for 5 teams.

edit: BTW, I don't mind admining again Tubby.

GA there's still a fair contigent of players in the c3c SGOTM forum that haven't played in the MTDG. It would be great to make these players aware of this game.

No one has mentioned AIs...

I'm assuming it's been done before, but people didn't like it, and that's why no one is mentioning it.

Three teams of humans, a handful of AIs.....?

well the problem with AI's is that they can be very easily manipulated. much like humans if you think about it :hmm:.

Anyway, I wouldn't want any AI's

AI's can be gamebreaking however the current SGOTM has been interesting because the AI have locked alliances with groups of 3 or 4 so fighting all of them has made for an interesting dynamic.

i don't think AIs would be a good idea. one of my personal favorite things of this game was the diplo w/other people and trying win with handcrafted alliances and trades. the same can't be said about AI diplomacy.

again, i'll reiterate that i think 5 teams would be more fun. having an extra team would be more interesting and lead to more spirited UN discussions.

lastly, i think we should at least give GA and RM the chance to join a team and have some other people admin. we should at least have another vote on who will admin once we get the founding teams assembled.

greekguy said:
lastly, i think we should at least give GA and RM the chance to join a team and have some other people admin. we should at least have another vote on who will admin once we get the founding teams assembled.
Aye, the teams must approve the admins, but why wait for the founding teams to be formed? Who will form said teams?

I am of course happy with RM and GA to continue adminning it but they have adminned this one and the civ4 one so you should be given the opportunity to stand down if you want?

Top Bottom