Another MP game??

Turn Taken. Magnus... gaining the distinction of being the first to his 2nd population eh? Nice point jump in that too.

I'll be avoiding both if I can help it thanks. Just keep in mind this game isn't a start as minors like the other one! A declaration of war would be bad for diplomacy, no? ;)

lol - I'm still at 0 net food production. 0 animals subdued. 4 units killed by terrain, 1 by Neanderthal, no access to more than about 25 tiles area. I don't think I'm going to do well in this game!

Terrain Damage is On in Both games for me.

Koshling wrote:Time to restart?

H E Dbl Hockey stick No!

Can't T-Brd Import the Bug settings?

JosEPh

Terrain Damage is On in Both games for me.

H E Dbl Hockey stick No!

Can't T-Brd Import the Bug settings?

JosEPh

I'm sure he can. Just annoying, speaking as someone utterly confined by terrain to a tiny area, to find that some of my competitors have not been playing to the same rules. I'll continue for now, but I suspect my position is pretty hopeless, so I may turn over to the ai at some Point soon.

@Koshling,
Well when that happens (I understand the frustration) it will be stick a fork in it time. Truth is, if this game goes south, I won't continue in the other. This one has a somewhat better pace, the other is frustratingly slow with constant delays.

JosEPh

Ok, so bug options are a pain in the arse in multiplay but I don't think we should give up on the game over it. The region I'm personally in doesn't present much damaging terrain anyhow so it wouldn't have been an impediment (mostly wet swampy stuff where I'm at). But what I'll do is next time its my turn (and we should all do this to make sure) I'll look at my bug settings and compare to the settings in the posted document there and ensure they're on the same settings.

We may, as coders need to figure out how to make some of these bug options either enforced game-wide on all players (which I thought they were thus why I haven't tweaked mine at all and they may have been reset due to other games I've played on my system? I dunno...) or in some of these cases, they should probably simply be game setup options so it is much less mutable in game. I usually prefer game options for this very reason. I had THOUGHT this game had the terrain damage off while the other one was supposed to have it on but I left it up to the primary setup player to get everything established correctly and apparently that's not how its supposed to work with bug options? Ah well... as I said in my case it wouldn't have changed the game as I have not had any swaths of desert or tundra to pass (maybe a square or two here or there is all.)

I know that Terrain Damage is on for me, as I've had to go around a few such squares near me. Not nearly as many as Koshling is dealing with, but a noticeable amount.

Even if Koshling decides to opt out, that doesn't mean that the game is over. The rest of us can continue on. At least, I'd be willing to.

Well in my game I have taken terrain damage a few times already and have healed from it since I only needed to pass through it in a limited amount. Will it make a difference with others who have had it off? I don't know. But I think in the scheme of things, the game is long and anything can happen. I think random bad events and random death by barbarian can even things out.

Turn Done Rf next.

JosEPh

Have had terrain damage on the whole time, so settings correct, 1 of the reasons it is so hard to keep units alive. I'm basically in a no progress state so far, and a bad starting position. But I have some hope we can all have an awesome game.

Turn done, Go Magnus!

Ok, so turn taken and committed... no units in what would've been damaging terrain. I reviewed my options and yes, the terrain damage is NOT on. However, its greyed out... I can't change it. Now that I recall, I never could change it for that reason. Do I need to replace or modify a document somewhere to get things in line with the rest of the game?

Oh... and ls612 may go now.

Ok, so turn taken and committed... no units in what would've been damaging terrain. I reviewed my options and yes, the terrain damage is NOT on. However, its greyed out... I can't change it. Now that I recall, I never could change it for that reason. Do I need to replace or modify a document somewhere to get things in line with the rest of the game?

Oh... and ls612 may go now.

I don't know. Check with whoever goes immediately before you that they have theirs on as a starting point - the value IS in the save, but it seems like it might be a per-player thing or something so I'm not sure how it flows between players

As I said above, Terrain Damage is on (x'd) in my game's BUG options, and since I'm immediately before Thunderbrd that doesn't seem to make a difference for him.

However, I seem to recall something much like this coming up in the past. If I recall correctly the advice given at the time was to start a new game using the same version of C2C as used for the multiplayer. In this new game, set the BUG options to how they should be for the multiplayer game. Then load the multiplayer game. The BUG options should carry over. Of course, I could be misremembering what that advice applied to.

Top Bottom