Antarctic Anarchy - a Civ 5 Anarchy Game

2600 BC (turn 35)
Chief Gustavus Adolfus of Sweden comes begging for a white peace but he was told no.

Eldress Wu Zetian of China asks to establish an embassy in Anarquía in exchange for paying us 1 gold per turn, which was agreed to.

2560 BC (turn 36)
A Warrior finishes training Madrid, and in order to accomplish the city's goal to work the Grand Mesa they start building a Granary to get enough food to do so.

2480 BC (turn 38)
Anarquía is booming! The population has grown to what is now a size 4 on some unknown growth scale employed in the Spanish Republic.

2440 BC (turn 39)
Spanish wise men finally complete the research on Optics which had been their goal ever since the settling of Anarquía. This breakthrough also means that the Spanish people have entered the Classical Era. In order to help Madrid grow, they now turn their heads toward researching Animal Husbandry.

The Spanish armies are starting to get ready for the attack on Ragusa with the arrival of the eastern Archer.
Spoiler :
2360 BC (turn 41)
Anarquía trains another band of Warriors and continue to train more Warriors. We need soldiers for all these wars! And Warriors are all we've got.

2320 BC (turn 42)
Barbarians come out from all over the place and forces me to send our already hurt Archer dangerously close to Ragusas. Sadly, Ragusan Archers shot it down and we are now left with only Warriors.
Spoiler :
2280 BC (turn 43)
Our Scout is attacked and nearly killed, but receive a promotion which instantly heals them to make it possible for them to flee and survive this barbarian battlefield.
Spoiler :
2240 BC (turn 44)
But the Scout didn't come far because at the other side of the river it is now completely surrounded by Barbarians, left for dead.
Spoiler :
Madrid finishes its Granary and moves on to build another Warrior. This allows them to start working the Grand Mesa. And with all the money the Grand Mesa brings in we can now gift 5 gold per turn to our Chinese friends per orders. ((Gift gold to China + Gift 5 gpt to second civ we meet.))
Spoiler :
Animal Husbandry is researched and the Worker who has moved from Anarquía to Madrid starts building a Pasture to further increase food output in Madrid. Spanish wise men turn to learn Archery to improve our military for all the wars to come.

The Golden Age that started with the adoption of Representation has now ended.

2400 BC (turn 45)
It has taken longer than planned but our Warriors stand ready to attack Ragusa and two more are on the way. What will the future hold for the Spanish Republic?

Overview of all information you could need to give orders in the spoiler below.

Spoiler :
Spanish lands:

Spanish army outside Ragusa:

Overview of Anarquía and possible build options:

Overview of Madrid and possible build options:

Tech tree:

Social policies:
Because of the order to get a GS from finishing Liberty, the only available options are Republic (+1 Production in every City and +5% Production in cities when constructing Buildings) and Meritocracy (+1 Happiness for each City you own connected to the Capital and -5% Unhappiness from Citizens in non-occupied Cities).

Trade routes available:

Demographics:

Time left to give orders for turns 46-55: [TIMER="2015/08/24 16:00 UTC;Orders locked."][/TIMER]

First I must say this is a very interesting thread. Made me register. On to the point:
[Research calendar

Adopt Republic at the next glorious opportunity!

Purchase a caravan when it is next possible to do so. Delicious camels!

Build a work boat.

Under no circumstances can you adopt policies that have the same name as systems of government or you've already lost.

Aristocracy
Oligarchy
Republic
Monarchy

This partly contradicts the already given order to adopt Republic. I will however follow the rest of your order and avoid the other ones.

~40 minutes left before orders close for this set, I will see if I play it out tonight or tomorrow. :)

Is this still going on?

I was thinking about this just the other day, too, actually.

Gurra?

Of course, if you're interested in participating in something similar, you could come and join the Kingdom of Delphi, a constitutional monarchy (reigned over by me) where players vie for seats in the national parliament and for the chance to control the kingdom for ten turn terms of government. Gurra's a player, and we're always keen to accept new players. In fact, an election campaign period has just commenced so feel free to check us out. ;) /shamelessplug

Oh, Melda, advertising your own game. :p

Anyway, I can't seem to remember why I dropped the ball on this one. It was a fun game, might pick it up again this weekend.

Sorry to say so but this is not starting up again (at least not by me). It was a fun concept but it has already been on hiatus for over a month and I kind of lost interest in it.

Here's the save if anyone wants to have a try at playing out the rest of the game after this especially odd start: AntarcticAnarchy_0045 BC-2200.Civ5Save

Top Bottom