[GS] Antarctic Late Summer Patch Discussion Thread

We are collecting saves for this issue, if you can link to a save before the issue occurs, and let us know what actions you took to get here, it would be much appreciated!
Dear dshirk, find enclosed my save, just ask Wilfrid what he would give for 1 iron and you will see the 122 gpt. Note that I used three mods (8 ages of pace, Got Lakes, YnAMP) but I am quite sure that the error was because of the antarctic patch since before it worked with the mods. Best, Ossi

Attachments

• POUNDMAKER 367 160 AD.Civ6Save
    3.6 MB · Views: 32
Yes, the game with the new Antarctic Late Summer Game Update is really crazy with the AI pay CRAZY much for stuff... Really, how could this mistake happen ?
Yeah, hoping for a hot fix asap. Will hold of starting a new game until then.

\Skodkim

• Mali: Nerf the Mali + City-State + Democracy Combo/Exploit. Democracy is now a 15% discount on purchases with Gold.
Why nerf Democracy because of Mali? If Mali is too strong, we should nerf Mali, not to nerf democracy which have effect on every other civilization.
Totally agree.. Mali and most of the new are still way too trong

Dear dshirk, find enclosed my save, just ask Wilfrid what he would give for 1 iron and you will see the 122 gpt. Note that I used three mods (8 ages of pace, Got Lakes, YnAMP) but I am quite sure that the error was because of the antarctic patch since before it worked with the mods. Best, Ossi
I got similar problem, without ANY mods on

I had a first very brief look at WorldBuilder this morning and I see one problem: ice. Ice is a feature, not a terrain type, so to add or subtract ice from a map you have to do it hex by hex. Which you can imagine, is a bore.

Synching your civics so you can adopt the policies in one turn then remove on the other and saving gold for the upgrades is what I mean by planning ahead.
wow yeah that's some really brilliant strategy, takes a genius to come up with. nah, it's more like following a flow chart (is civic is unimportant --> leave it with 1 turn, if important --> get it now)

You need two slots before Urbanization, which is obviously the period this change aim to affect. You still have a tier 1/2 government by them, so you don't have so many slots without certain wonders, which make the slots you have quite valuable.
yeah but you only need to switch the slots for 1 turn, which makes it no sacriface at all

So the worldbuilder cant load a bigger map than the game is designed for? anyone have tried that? My big map only crash when im trying to load it...

A mod which extends the research etc, will probably also mess with GPT values etc, no?

A mod which extends the research etc, will probably also mess with GPT values etc, no?
yes maybe, but since the traiding error was not there with mods but without antarctic patch and others say that its there even without any mod, I am quite sure thats only a problem of the patch

The trade problems were definitely introduced by the patch. I play without mods and I've seen plenty of crazy trade deals.

yeah but you only need to switch the slots for 1 turn, which makes it no sacriface at all

Again, though, I'll remind you that the most common early government (Classical Republic) does not have enough slots to use both cards simultaneously. You could switch governments to do it, but then switching back would cause Anarchy for at least 3 turns. So, this change does matter somewhat.

It won't affect the people who most need it, though, since the warmongering governments have enough policy slots to use both cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, though, I'll remind you that the most common early government (Classical Republic) does not have enough slots to use both cards simultaneously. You could switch governments to do it, but then switching back would cause Anarchy for at least 3 turns. So, this change does matter somewhat.

It won't affect the people who most need it, though, since the warmongering governments have enough policy slots to use both cards.
You do realize that you can slot ANY kind of card into the Joker slot, right?
It doesn't matter if military, economic, diplo or, well, Joker...

I've seen the absurd trading too of course, and it's not worth playing. I've also seen a few aggressive Civs completely take of, conquering half the continent before knights show up. It made me wonder if the broken trade is also going on between the Civs, so that a dominant Civ are getting these completely one sided trades, as the lesser Civs basically pay all their gold to make friends or keep peace or whatever. Well it's just shoveling gold unto the runaway Civ.

You have no military cards as Republic.

Civics and techs not researched at the moment could lose some fraction of accumulated beakers every turn.
That would quickly stop such behavior.

Or just not have a civic tree that leaves so many leaf bransches that can be saved for this specific purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes. The Classical Republic government has 0 military card slots and only 1 wildcard slot. Thus, you can only have either -50% Gold or -50% Resources activated.

Top Bottom