1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Anti-ship fish

Discussion in 'Strategy and tips' started by stachnie, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

I reduced croc spawning significantly in rev. 9960.

2. stachnie

stachnie Theorist

Crocodiles and (IIRC) some Whales. The problem is that I cannot see them - I send my ship ahead and I see messages that it has been ambushed (or attacked between turns). Now my anty-fish force consists of 27 merged Triremes, 9 merged Sea Turtles (they turned out to be very slow, so finally I have sent them to autohunt) and I am preparing 27 merged other UU's - Decareme replacement with March, Maneuvring (sp?) I and IIRC some other free promo. Thanks to buildings, small and great wonders, my ships have also some other free promotions (Sea Hunter I, Combat I, all possible Mesopotamism assistances), so this gives them another boost.

3. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

If they are getting ambushed, it helps to bring a spotter or two that are promoted to see submerged and small size.

4. stachnie

stachnie Theorist

Thanks for a tip - maybe I will try this. I guess the best spotters would be some Explorer-type ships?

5. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Of course! However, for size category spotting, it's quality that matters. That might still be explorers but it's worth taking a look at the units specifically.