Any guess on what will happen to Erdo-Turkey now that it downed a russian plane?

Jesus christ the double standards.

"Ukraine is oppressing Russians!" "They deny Russians rights in Crimea and Donetsk!" Justifies Russia arming insurgent terrorists and invading a sovereign state.

Russia bombs Turkmen in Syria, violates Turkish airspace on multiple occasions, is warned, and then gets a single plane shot down. "Wow Turkey is so embarrassing." "Liability to NATO." "What a troublesome state."

The hatred against Muslims is real. Russia goes to war in the Middle East, bombs people, violates airspace, and expects nothing to happen from it?

And the jet was returning from its mission with empty suspension points (or what are those underwing mounting things called?), reportedly. So, no threat by any standards.

Scariest thing here is that you can bet the fire order came directly from the top.

Not sure if Erdo thought US was going to come protect him or something, but he is a liability to more than just his own country.

The Cameron gov likely only cares about the english bases on Cyprus anyway (not for Cyprus itself, but the mid-east), and it is not like England by itself can do anything to oppose Russia (even if one would have falsely assumed people there live in a 'by Jingo!' song mentality).

Scariest thing here is that you can bet the fire order came directly from the top.

Not sure if Erdo thought US was going to come protect him or something, but he is a liability to more than just his own country.

Whatever he thought, it does look like an attempt to lure Russia into something that smells like a trap. So first thing to do would be not to go there. All the rest can wait. Including figuring out what to do about it.

Whatever he thought, it does look like an attempt to lure Russia into something that smells like a trap. So first thing to do would be not to go there. All the rest can wait. Including figuring out what to do about it.

If a bear walks into a bear-trap then the bear may indeed be seriously injured. But the bear-trap itself will be rendered useless for all time.

Turkey shouldn't have tried to be a bear-trap :\ And even if the hunter comes, the trap still is broken and wasted.

Hm, warranting its own post, cause i read that one of the russian pilots who reached the ground alive (parachuting i suppose) was then gunned down by turkish forces.

Eh. WTF?

Again, i am not that surprised by the actual horrible act, but the nerve and the command to do it.

Hm, warranting its own post, cause i read that one of the russian pilots who reached the ground alive (parachuting i suppose) was then gunned down by turkish forces.

Eh. WTF?

Again, i am not that surprised by the actual horrible act, but the nerve and the command to do it.
That is not nice at all if true.

BTW didnt he pilot fall into Syria?

The current conflict may appear complicated, though it isn't: It's a group piñata game, the first one to get the goodies from the piñata wins. The piñata is this case not Syria or IS, but the entire Middle-East. Russia is winning. The European Union makes a chance still.
Piñata has already popped, the stuff flowing to EU mostly.

Russia confirms loss of two servicemen - one pilot was killed by fire from the ground, after ejecting, and another was a marine from rescue team.
It's unlikely that were Turkish forces that opened fire, though.

Ahem. How many pilots were there?

I heard of two. Both ejected, both over Syria, one then was shot dead in midair by the armed bearded men in random clothing. The other was considered alive, and two helicopters were sent to pull him out, but one of them was hit, damaged (one marine killed), and had to land, the other picked up the men and returned.

Now, who was gunned by the Turkish forces?

Ahem. How many pilots were there?

I heard of two. Both ejected, both over Syria, one then was shot dead in midair by the armed bearded men in random clothing. The other was considered alive, and two helicopters were sent to pull him out, but one of them was hit, damaged (one marine killed), and had to land, the other picked up the men and returned.

Now, who was gunned by the Turkish forces?

2 pilots, Turkmens opened fire on them while the pilots were descending with their parachutes

Link to video.

Jesus christ the double standards.

"Ukraine is oppressing Russians!" "They deny Russians rights in Crimea and Donetsk!" Justifies Russia arming insurgent terrorists and invading a sovereign state.

Russia bombs Turkmen in Syria, violates Turkish airspace on multiple occasions, is warned, and then gets a single plane shot down. "Wow Turkey is so embarrassing." "Liability to NATO." "What a troublesome state."

The hatred against Muslims is real. Russia goes to war in the Middle East, bombs people, violates airspace, and expects nothing to happen from it?

Turkey is a liability. Perhaps it had the right to shoot down this plane, perhaps not. But when I talk about it as a liability, I'm referring to its repressive government, its whole Northern Cyprus thing, its under-the-table dealings with ISIS, and all things Kurdish. Turkey's government freaks out over anything that benefits the Kurds--not so long ago a Syrian town freely chose to join the communes of Rojava, and Turkey resorted to threats. It insists on bombing Kurds every time it bombs ISIS, so as to prevent the Kurds from benefiting from a weakened ISIS. And this is a huge problem--the Kurds are some of the only people who have the will and ability to fight ISIS on the ground effectively. Turkey is really not benefiting NATO much right now.

Top Bottom