Any way to add the DLC Civ start locations in WB without buying them?

Greizer85

Emperor
So... Title. I'm making a world map but I don't have a credit card so buying the DLCs is not an option. I only need to set the starting places, so that people who have the DLCs can play those civs on my map. (In case it can be done, I'd prefer if the spots stayed empty for the non-DLC folks, instead of duplicate civs appearing, but that's a minor issue compared to the main one.)

If it can't be done... Curse the bloody DLCs, I say; curse them! :p

It can be done... but not easily (and not with WB)

It can be done... but not easily (and not with WB)
Thank you for the answer. :) When you say 'not easily', how hard do you mean? Can it be done with xml? I'm just looking into that since I need to change some City State names on my map and one needs an xml file for that, so it'd be fine if I could include this in the same file. If it needs more complex stuff, then I guess I'll either need to borrow someone's credit card or forget about adding those civs. :sad:

there's 2 way I can think of.
- the simplier using only xml making the map using a mod with fake civs using the same name of the dlc civs (and maybe the same ID that could be difficult to reach while keeping compatibility with other custom made civs). But I'm not even sure that it will work.
- the hard way will require lua use, like in my YnAEMP mod

Thanks again. :) I currently know nothing about adding extra civs, but I suppose there's tutorial(s). So I think I'll try the first method. I won't be making custom civs, only city states, so compatibilty shouldn't be an issue (I hope). What would those ID numbers(?) be, if you happen to know? Are they listed somewhere, for the dlc civs?

Top Bottom