Anyone Rename Cities?

i'd forgotten you could rename to be honest . Strange as i always used to name cities in every other CIV to help me keep track of them and what there job was.

I really only have done it as America when I want to bump up a city of significance to me like Chicago, Denver, or Minneapolis in the typical order.

I usually name my cities off of Final Fantasy characters/events/etc, just something I've done for a very long time ;0

as america i rename washington philadelphia (original capital during the revolution) and i rename new york into detroit and i sometimes make detroit my capital city name otherwise i dont bother with it

... I will occasionally build a city in the middle of nowhere, gift it to the AI that I declare war on, and take everything else of his to avoid the 'warmonger' tag. I usually call the gifted city S**tsylvania.

Wicked! ;)

Once in a while, I play a game and rename all the cities to be DiscWorld cities; e.g., Ankh-Morpork as the capital.
If I recall correctly, in Civ IV, renaming a captured city would have an effect on the AI Player the city was taken from.

I rename mine to help remember why I built them - Science City (Usually Einstien), military cities get a MPB ending, etc... Would never do that in an MP game.

Sometimes when I'm being more role-playish with my civs I will rename cities and units to make them fitting with whatever theme I've picked for my empire. In my current file (Germany, cIV) I have a city named "CFC".

In multiplay i often rename taken cities to respectfully insult my opponent (in a still respectful way ofc! like something dirty hehe).

In my single games i have always, since civ 2 renamed my civ Danubia, no matter what civ i choose to play. Danubia is my own created country which is something like germany but with other minorities as well, like slavs and french. And my cities have german sounding names, like Danemünde or Panzerhaven etc. Its just a thing i do to make it a bit more personal. I wish there would be more ways of personalizing your own civ though.

I always rename all of my captured cities with the next city name in my civ's list.

If I play as the US then I'll rename the cities. For example I'd make my capital Arlington (where I live) and I'd probably name my second city just "DC". I used to live in Hawaii so when I play as Polynesia I rename everything based on towns/neighborhoods on the island Oahu. I made my capital Ewa Beach, which is where I did live and I also had a Kapolei and a Makakilo.

Top Bottom