Archaeology is AWESOME

I didn't watch my space to put artifacts in. So I made my digging useless several times.. It was stupid. And now I watch there's space or not. If there's no space, I stop digging and wait until there is.

Holy thread bump ahoy!

My name is Slip de Garcon and I'm an archaeology addict.

There, I've said it and I feel much better now.

I already went a bit nuts when I discovered archaeology and started pumping the little Indiana Joneses out like a maniac, but now I've discovered I get a big diplomatic boost for building landmarks in opponents' territory (while also preventing them from getting an artefact) I'm totally hooked, and archaeology takes over my life for about a game century.

Is there a cure?

I also thought it was awesome until I ran into this issue last night.

Excavated two sites that were down by some city states away from borders. Both sites discovered great works of art. Problem was, I didn't have any great art slots available to put them in, so the only thing I could do was build landmarks. Which sucks.

Anyone else run into this (or something similar)?

Still an awesome feature, just not as awesome.

Just make your archeologist sit on top of the dig site; and wait digging until you have a museum. this is particularly useful tactic if the dig site is outside your borders.

How are archeological sites spawned? I mean, has anyone noticed a significant impact on the number of wars etc. on the number of sites? Or is it more or less constant from game to game?

Is a spot for an archeological site created for every event such as battle etc.? Half of them? Or is it somehow randomised?

I noticed that warmongering nations got a lot of dig sites. And in one instance I purposely try to remember where was my ancient battles took place to check against the dig sites. They seem to correlate. So I think the dig site must be a site for an ancient battle which make sense where to find the arrowheads and other ancinet war artifacts.. Not sure for the beads though. :lol: how they were used in the battles

Good reason to choose cathedrals in your religion. They have a slot for a great work of art.

Also, hidden antiquity sites can give you things like the Dead Sea Scrolls which enable you to have a culture boost rather than taking up a slot.

I find it hard to build the required number of archaeologists without sacrificing more important production elsewhere. I wish you could buy them.

Usually I get most of my archaeologists by warring with other civs and stealing them.

I find it hard to build the required number of archaeologists without sacrificing more important production elsewhere. I wish you could buy them.

I like to dedicate a city to churning out just archeologists after I research Archeology. I only stop to build the important buildings. It's even if I have enough money to just buy the Factories and so on.

Top Bottom