ARCHIVED: Steampunk Worlds - Map Creation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't disturb me. I enjoy discussing our project. I don't remember the exact exchange, but in John Lennon's last published interview in Playboy magazine, the interviewer asked him if he minded discussing his songs. Lennon replied, "Why would I mind? It's what I do."

As to the Island; the object isn't to get an aircraft carrier, but to get the island, for literary purposes.

how many maps are compatable with balthasars lost worlds so far? how many maps will come with the mod pack when people down load it?

follow up message..

i know your just getting started but this work of art is somekind of master piece from what i gather casue work has been going on for years.
i would rather 2 maps after the septer and orbs one is finished. atleast make it so more then one scenario is included in the modpack using diffrent maps.

Here ya go!

Attachments

• mongo_map.jpeg
    mongo_map.jpeg
    187.1 KB · Views: 278
cool map of Mongo when is that going to be in the game? how long till its rendered?
depends. depending. read the thread. read the subforum. that way we don't have to spend what little time we have for creative activities answering the same question repeatedly. answer: we are working on a series of scenarios - each could be considered a separate project with steampunk being the common theme. the only scenario near being finished enough for posted beta is "Lost Worlds". there will be an unknown number of other scenarios. most likely one biq per scenario. one biq = one map. Sceptre & Orbs already had Mongo as one of the planets since this thread started (read the first page or two ;)). that scenario is likely to be one of the later ones since it requires units, terrain, etc. that have yet to be created. some ideas openly discussed will never be finished. most likely something will show up that hasn't really been discussed. we don't do deadlines. that requires a contract & compensation. we work on this when we have the time, energy, and inspiration. ;)

are you kidding me? the actual amount of time you spend discussing details from the project is small in relation to the time actually building the game.free time is longer now adays due the the global depression. due to all the unemployment. just answer me and your other fans of your projuects , questions. over times the days we discuss and the years this thing gets worked on eventually we come up with a really great modpack. us fans of the lost worlds modpack dont want a stand alone map for a entire modpack we consider it a waste of good talent.

Here ya go!

the map does not depict enough detail to be captured on a giga map. i think this map could be like a septer and orbs concept and have moons or its nearest planets. if my memory serves this mongo was like a rouge planet traveling in our solar system so for all i know earth and mars were its nearest planets. buts its been nearly 10 years since i seen all of my fathers dvds on flash gordon serials from the movie theater in the 1930's to 1950's.

thing about flash gordon he did not live in far flung future of mid 21st century as we will live to see flash gordon lived in the past in the 1930's to 1950's he traveled to mongo in rocket ship made by a sceintist from that era. i remeber they were this 5 minute episodes on his DVD.

so my advice is if your going to do mongo then due septer and orbs map centered on mongo maybe have small crecent peice of earth on border of map. does not have to have real earth geograpy unless of cource that mongo is made so small that the cities on this map you presented are tightly close together.

are you kidding me? the actual amount of time you spend discussing details from the project is small in relation to the time actually building the game.free time is longer now adays due the the global depression. due to all the unemployment. just answer me and your other fans of your projuects , questions. over times the days we discuss and the years this thing gets worked on eventually we come up with a really great modpack. us fans of the lost worlds modpack dont want a stand alone map for a entire modpack we consider it a waste of good talent.
On-demand results earn on-demand wages. ;) Since we do this for love, we'll take as long as it takes to do it with devotion & skill. And we'll tske as long as it takes for us to find the results satisfactory. We appreciate all who join the discussion. If you want a map we are not making, make it. I'm sure everyone will enjoy more contributions to the project. :coffee:

Necro, I hope you're being facetious. The Great Recession has made me busier scratching out a living, and since Congress decided that they'd rather pay for corporate bonuses than for my health care, I have that to worry about that as well. So much for free time...

"Fans of the modpack" will have plenty of resources when we're done, including dozens of custom units and a tech tree (with graphics) that could (and will) be applied to any number of maps. We just have to slog through this first effort. We're nearly at the very end of it now, tweaking Civs and trying to fill the last of our custom requests. That we've gotten this far is testament to the amazing talents and cooperation of everyone in the C&C forum.

So, as Blue Monkey said, while we appreciate your comments and suggestions, we would ask for a little patience while we finish this one up, and then we will surely value your input when playtesting and tweaking time comes along.

If I might chip in from a place which Reginald Albert Forman would call 'Not America'… many of us chip in with what we can from other countries, with different social and economic realities. Obviously a lot of stuff takes precedence over modding, and people without a job usually are moving in search of the next one, not sitting idly. So, please, be patient, or do it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom