Archos in vanilla FfH2?

Phrossack

Armored Fish and Armored Men
Looking through the Civilopedia under the "Beastmaster" article, I noticed that one of its UU replacements was the Spiderkin. I went to that article and sure enough, there was a spider-themed unit there complete with a description mentioning Mother, the spider matriarch of the Archos civilization in some modmods.

What's odd is that there's no mention of what civ the Spiderkin is unique to, no Archos civilization present, no Spiderkin article listed in the Units section of the Civilopedia, and I've never downloaded any modmods on this computer.

What's going on here? Were the Archos originally in but cut out? They seem interesting, but the modmods look intimidating in just how much they add and change.

The spiderkin appears in a easter egg only in the main mod, which i'll not spoil here ^^
By "main mod," do you mean the scenarios? Or is it in the base sandbox game as a random event? I've never found this Easter egg and don't know where to look

took me a bit of time and I found it...
Interesting thought.
I always thought that the Archos were strange for a modders that tried to stick everything to lore...
but now I find that it was already in the vanilla game :)

(and it really show that I didn't do the right things enough times)

took me a bit of time and I found it...
Interesting thought.
I always thought that the Archos were strange for a modders that tried to stick everything to lore...
but now I find that it was already in the vanilla game :)

(and it really show that I didn't do the right things enough times)
Spill! SPILL!!! black_imperator is out of reach, but you... don't make me get out the thumbscrews! :whipped: :trouble: I've played the vanilla game hundreds of times and I don't think I've ever seen this easter egg hatch. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease tell me - WHAT IS IT? :hide:

... either look into the code :)
or a tip:
- AV players are the most susceptible to get it... but you'll need much much luck, and guts...
(other means are possible but I wouldn't try it without the AV way :) )

Edit: I made a mistake : AV players don't get it easier.
I was confused.
so, no AV way, and more a luck play... and the manual (or civilopedia I imagine) says all...

It is in the civilopedia too. I'd love for seZereth to shoot us a slightly creepier unit for it, though. (For, like, the two people who will ever see it at this point. Yeah, he's probably got better things to do.)

Top Bottom