Arckons Next 24Civ Pitboss game; details and discussion here

Check the first post again, folks.

I have learned how to reset the leaders TRAITS and will reset leader traits if people want different traits for their leader.

This must happen before game start, so sign up and tell me before we launch the game if youwant different traits.

I have learned how to reset the leaders TRAITS and will reset leader traits if people want different traits for their leader.

This must happen before game start, so sign up and tell me before we launch the game if youwant different traits.

Are you only allowing existing trait pairs? Some don't exist because they could be too powerful. And similarly, isn't there a bit of play balancing done to make the trait-UU-UB combos theoretically more balanced?

Not sure I understand what your trying for here but I agree with JMaltman if your allowing any leader to have any traits then it's going to unbalance the game.

How do you fancy being next to Rome with Agressive/Charismatic - Praets with Combat out of the box & 4 xp for two more promotions, 8 xp & you've got a CRIII Praet with combat.

Not sure I understand what your trying for here but I agree with JMaltman if your allowing any leader to have any traits then it's going to unbalance the game.

How do you fancy being next to Rome with Agressive/Charismatic - Praets with Combat out of the box & 4 xp for two more promotions, 8 xp & you've got a CRIII Praet with combat.

I agree. Changing traits is not a good idea.

I agree with IanDC and JMaltman too.
Consider, for example, Phi/Ind. Great people frenzy.

Okiedokey, you guys raised some good points, so I wont do the trait change.

Heh, less work for me anyway.

Will mod the first post and remove that option.

Think this should be noted somewhere in case people haven't looked at the map or read the old thread -

So what I have done is move the civs out a bit more and make every starting position strong (ie not a bad place to begin to get going). Every location has copper and iron nearby and plenty of food production. I think almost all are on rivers too.

I moved the Carthaginians to N America, roughly where San Fransisco is. The French were moved to S Australia and the Arabs to Brazil. The Celts are in far eastern Siberia and the Koreans down around Bangkok.

Note Korea & Celts have since been reversed.

What game speed will we play on?

I really do want to play on Marathon speed so that military strategies have more of a chance to win. I know it is slower, but that enhances the advantage of having a standing army/navy instead of simply developing the capacity to spit units out quickly.

I was getting a tech in only two turns last game and I didnt really care for that and seeing machineguns fighting macemen in Berlin.

:sad:

I was getting a tech in only two turns last game and I didnt really care for that and seeing machineguns fighting macemen in Berlin.

:sad:

Yep but there were so many of them that the machine guns didn't have a chance :crazyeye:

I'm willing to play marathon or epic, I'm assuming tech trading will be off ?

Top Bottom