1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Arckons Next 24Civ Pitboss game; details and discussion here

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PitBoss Games' started by Arckon, Feb 17, 2007.

1. chivas

chivas Chieftain

hmmm who votes Arckon's not allowed to leave his house ....

nah, just pulling your leg

2. Arckon

Arckon Prince

ehl-oh-ehl

3. crazyjoe0813

crazyjoe0813 Warlord

So, did we figure out who was added to this game that took my place by mistake on the restart last Monday?

4. Johnhs

Johnhs Warlord

C'mon, own up. You wouldn't like this done to you.

Who wasn't in the game before the 20th that now is...

5. crazyjoe0813

crazyjoe0813 Warlord

Well the easy start is the person that is controlling America right now... Was he in the game to begin with?

6. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

But they have less trading possibilities, so it could also be a disadvantage.

7. Johnhs

Johnhs Warlord

@Classical Hero: What are you talking about?:confused:

8. g_storrow

g_storrow Prince

CJ: I missed one start I am unsure which date it was. When I logged in someone had taken Egypt which I had had all along and people advised me to take Persia as it was free, which I have now. I think this was when we dropped from 24 to 18 ( i think it is now.) though I am not positive.

9. cemason

cemason Chieftain

I think what happened was when we dropped from 24 to 18 some of the extra people took the civs that were unclaimed. I saw at least two unclaimed with less than 1 hour on the turn timer for the first turn.

I.e. I was supposed to be in the 24 PTBS one but when I logged in to claim my civ in 18 player one it was already taken. With less than 3 hours on the turn timer, I grabbed Egypt since mine was already taken. So even before me there was this huge ripple effect that caused almost everyone to get a different civ. This probably includes you, cj, with America.

The best we can do is wait for a new ptbs to open up from arckon. Maybe he'll run two?

And ark, dude. Can we PLEASE get civstats up?

10. Johnhs

Johnhs Warlord

Guys, you're on the wrong track.

We were already busy with a 18-player game on Monday, with all civs taken. Including by CrazyJoe. Then we had the restart on Monday/Tuesday (due to Arckon's cat, remember) but we had to take the same civ we had before (post #435). At this stage someone extra jumped in and took CrazyJoe's civ.

So the 24 -> 18 had nothing to do with this.

11. crazyjoe0813

crazyjoe0813 Warlord

Indeed... But it looks like it's not going to be resolved so I'm just out of luck... The game is continuing on and it's been over a week now...

12. Wonko

Wonko Chieftain

OK folks, here is what happened. I'm the Americans, by the way.

I originally joined up the game on the 13th as the Russians. This was on the 18-man random map. Then it got reset using the world map, and by then somebody took the Russians and all of the other civs. Then the game got reset again. I didn't actually join it until there were about 3 hours left on the 1st turn. I assumed that if a civ hadn't been taken by then, it wasn't going to be taken, and furthermore I also assumed that it was up for grabs for anybody to take a free civ (like the restart before it, where I didn't login fast enough).

If you want, you can have the Americans. I've cleared the password for them now.

13. Arckon

Arckon Prince

Crazyjoe, I made the Americans an AI civ, so all you have to do is log in and claim them.

Thanks for speaking up, Wonko. I wasnst sure if you were the extra person or not, but I hate playing enforcer.

I appreciate it.

14. Johnhs

Johnhs Warlord

Next Turn's Up! :)

15. Arckon

Arckon Prince

Crazy Joe, the AI took a double move on the Carthaginians and razed one of his cites as a result.

Can you cut him some slack and let him recover a bit?

16. crazyjoe0813

crazyjoe0813 Warlord

Of course... The American Revolution has taken place and a new government has taken power in the Empire... Peace offers have gone out to both of our neighbors in a hope that there should be lasting peace in the Americas...

17. chivas

chivas Chieftain

nice work Wonko - if i have to bail on the game at any time, i'll happily hand over my civ to you for your unselfishness :goodjob:
    cheers
    chivas

18. GFletch

GFletch Warlord

Speaking as an outsider (non-player) to this game, this is what I call good sportsmanship.

Wonko, you're welcome in any of my games.

19. crazyjoe0813

crazyjoe0813 Warlord

Indeed... I completely agree...

20. JMaltman

JMaltman Prince

More kudos to Wonko! :D