Arckons Next 24Civ Pitboss game; details and discussion here

hmmm who votes Arckon's not allowed to leave his house ....

nah, just pulling your leg

CJ: I missed one start I am unsure which date it was. When I logged in someone had taken Egypt which I had had all along and people advised me to take Persia as it was free, which I have now. I think this was when we dropped from 24 to 18 ( i think it is now.) though I am not positive.

I think what happened was when we dropped from 24 to 18 some of the extra people took the civs that were unclaimed. I saw at least two unclaimed with less than 1 hour on the turn timer for the first turn.

I.e. I was supposed to be in the 24 PTBS one but when I logged in to claim my civ in 18 player one it was already taken. With less than 3 hours on the turn timer, I grabbed Egypt since mine was already taken. So even before me there was this huge ripple effect that caused almost everyone to get a different civ. This probably includes you, cj, with America.

The best we can do is wait for a new ptbs to open up from arckon. Maybe he'll run two?

And ark, dude. Can we PLEASE get civstats up?

Guys, you're on the wrong track.

We were already busy with a 18-player game on Monday, with all civs taken. Including by CrazyJoe. Then we had the restart on Monday/Tuesday (due to Arckon's cat, remember) but we had to take the same civ we had before (post #435). At this stage someone extra jumped in and took CrazyJoe's civ.

So the 24 -> 18 had nothing to do with this.

OK folks, here is what happened. I'm the Americans, by the way.

I originally joined up the game on the 13th as the Russians. This was on the 18-man random map. Then it got reset using the world map, and by then somebody took the Russians and all of the other civs. Then the game got reset again. I didn't actually join it until there were about 3 hours left on the 1st turn. I assumed that if a civ hadn't been taken by then, it wasn't going to be taken, and furthermore I also assumed that it was up for grabs for anybody to take a free civ (like the restart before it, where I didn't login fast enough).

If you want, you can have the Americans. I've cleared the password for them now.

I originally joined up the game on the 13th as the Russians. This was on the 18-man random map. Then it got reset using the world map, and by then somebody took the Russians and all of the other civs. Then the game got reset again. I didn't actually join it until there were about 3 hours left on the 1st turn. I assumed that if a civ hadn't been taken by then, it wasn't going to be taken, and furthermore I also assumed that it was up for grabs for anybody to take a free civ (like the restart before it, where I didn't login fast enough).

If you want, you can have the Americans. I've cleared the password for them now.

Crazyjoe, I made the Americans an AI civ, so all you have to do is log in and claim them.

Thanks for speaking up, Wonko. I wasnst sure if you were the extra person or not, but I hate playing enforcer.

I appreciate it.

Crazy Joe, the AI took a double move on the Carthaginians and razed one of his cites as a result.

Can you cut him some slack and let him recover a bit?

Of course... The American Revolution has taken place and a new government has taken power in the Empire... Peace offers have gone out to both of our neighbors in a hope that there should be lasting peace in the Americas...

nice work Wonko - if i have to bail on the game at any time, i'll happily hand over my civ to you for your unselfishness :goodjob:
cheers
chivas

Speaking as an outsider (non-player) to this game, this is what I call good sportsmanship.

Wonko, you're welcome in any of my games.

Top Bottom