Are any of you guys willing to finish this mod for me?

twsworld

Chieftain
I had started making a mod but eventually I hit a roadblock because my laptop doesn't have the space for all of the tools I would need to use to make good mods. Also it was the first mod I had ever tried making for civ6 and I hit multiple roadblocks due to me not having enough experience. I was basing this off of multiple mods that add the same civ to civ5 and was planning on using their stuff for the majority of the assets. Don't worry, I've already credited them in the mod description.

I was making a mod that would add a civilization based on one from a game series called Valkyria Chronicles. The country's name is Gallia. I have already successfully messed with the majority of the cosmetic stuff like the civlopedia, the leader dialogue, the civ colors, city and location names, and the basic stuff for what the unique tile improvement does. I also created the majority of the stats for the first unique unit, except for it's special unit abilities.

Here's what I was unable to add:

1) Implement the unique traits of the country: Blessing of the Valkyrur (Defensive buildings provide their city with +5% Production and Science (Stacks up to 20%) and all units that require oil require Ragnite (which does not add to pollution) instead.)

2) Implement the leader ability: Blood of the Valkyrur (Units get +10% combat strength in friendly territory and +20% combat strength when fighting units belonging to a larger country and/or when adjacent to a fort. (Those bonuses can stack.) Also has access to the unique governor Maurits von Borg.)

3) Implement the standalone tank unit Edelweiss's +5 combat strength in friendly territory and have Zone of Control (ZoC). I also wanted to make it so that only 1 can be produced and once it's killed it reappears in your capital like the Vampire unit, but after a one turn delay.

4) Implement the complex stuff for the Ragnite Refinery, which is able to be built on strategic resources and provides not only the resource it was built on (except for oil), but also provides the unique strategic resource Ragnite. In the Economy Gamemode it acts like an Industry tile improvement, giving it's city +30% production when building units. A city cannot have the Industry improvement if it has the Ragnite Refinery improvement and the tile cannot be exchanged between cities,

5) Add more UU (All non-tank units can move after attacking)

A) Shocktrooper, which would replace infantry, but does not upgrade, instead getting a +5 strength boost per each new technological era since the tech that unlocks it. Also has bonus defense and offence in woods and jungle tiles. Has 2 movement. Begins with 75 combat strength in the Modern Era, then 80 in the Atomic Era, then 85 in the Information Era, then 90 in the Future Era.

B) AT Lancers, which would replace the AT Crew and just like the Shocktrooper doesn't upgrade but gets +5 combat per each new technological era since the era of the tech that unlocks it. Attacks with a ranged attack and has bonuses vs heavy and light cavalry class units and GDR. Has 2 movement and 2 range. Starts with 60 melee and 75 ranged in the Modern Era, 65 melee and 80 ranged in the Atomic Era, 70 melee and 85 ranged Information Era, 75 melee and 90 ranged in the Future Era.

C) Combat Engineers, which replace Military engineers and have combat strength, which also increases by +7 per tech era since unlocking. They can build everything a Military Engineer can. They can attack as well as defend, but are slightly weaker than the main infantry unit of the era depending on the tech era. Has 3 movement and 4 build charges, also must spend a build charge to repair a tile improvement. Starts with 40 combat strength in the Medieval Era, then 47 in the Renaissance Era, then 54 in the Industrial Era, then 61 in the Modern Era, then 68 in the Atomic Era, then 75 in the Information Era, then 82 in the Future Era.

D) Snipers, which are a ranged unit that replaces nothing and is unlocked at Rifling. It's beginning combat capabilities are between the Field Canon and the Machine Gun. Just like the other UUs I've mentioned so far it doesn't obsolete or upgrade and gains 10 melee and ranged strength with each new tech era since unlocking. Has an attack bonus against units on open terrain. Has 2 movement and 3 range. The starting stats in the Industrial Era are 60 melee and 70 ranged, then in the Modern era it's 70 melee and 80 ranged, then in the Atomic Era it's 80 melee and 90 ranged, then in the Information Era it's 90 melee and 100 ranged, then in the Future Era it's 100 melee and 110 ranged.

E) Gallian Scouts, which replace the medic, but can fight. It doesn't obsolete or upgrade while gaining +7 combat strength per each new technological era after the tech that unlocks it. Also has 4 movement and starts with 64 combat strength in the Industrial Era, then 71 in the Modern Era, then 78 in the Atomic Era, then 85 in the Information Era, then 92 in the Future Era. Heals adjacent units regardless of if they have done anything that turn.

F) Type 36 Light, which is a standalone light cavalry class unit that upgrades from the Cavalry unit and upgrades to the Helicopter. It requires the Ragnite resource per turn and it's combat strength is 80. It also has the same bonuses as the tank unit, has 4 movement, and defensive terrain bonuses.

G) Type 36 Medium, which replaces the Tank unit. It upgrades to the Modern Armor replacement unique to Gallia. Requires Ragnite per turn, has 4 movement, and has 86 strength. Has all of the same bonuses as the tank unit it replaces.

H) Type 36 Heavy, which replaces the Modern Armor unit. Has 3 movement and a combat strength of 95. It has all of the same bonuses as the Modern Armor unit and has a +10 combat bonus when defending. Also requires Ragnite instead of oil per turn.

6) I wanted to make it so that all of the unique units have their own unique promotion tree. The tree was gonna go in a straight line instead of branching like it usually does. Here's what I was gonna try to do:

A) Edelweiss: Anti-Armor Rounds (+10 combat strength against cavalry units), Increased Payload (+10 against infantry units), Shrapnel Rounds (+10 vs Anti-Cavalry units), Additional Armor (+15 combat strength when defending)

B) Shocktroopers, AT Lancers, Combat Engineers, Snipers, Gallian Scouts: Their promotions are given randomly and they can have up to 8 promotions. Redundant promotions stack except the ones that provide invisibility and ignoring zone of control. Here are the list of promotions in alphabetical order:

a: Accuracy Boost (+5 combat strength when attacking), Acrobat (+5 combat strength on hill and cliff tiles), Acrophobic (-5 combat strength on hill and cliff tiles), Aicmophobic (-5 combat strength when next to an anti-cavalry/ AT Lancer), Ambush Spotter (Can see invisible units), Ammo Refill (Can attack an extra time per turn if movement allows), Anti-Armor Boost (+5 vs Cavalry class units)

b: Bad Back( -5 combat strength when defending on improvements with defensive bonuses),Bloodthirsty (Can attack an extra time per turn if movement allows), Born Leader (+5 combat strength when next to friendly units), Bug in a Rug (+5 combat strength in rough terrain), Bully (+5 combat strength when next to friendly units)

c: Calm Heart (+2 combat strength for every enemy unit adjacent to them), Camaraderie (+5 combat strength if a corps formation and 5 more if in an army formation), Camp Defender (+5 defense when on improvements with a defensive bonus, like the fort for example.), Challenge Lover (+5 combat strength when next to an enemy unit.), Chameleon (Unit is invisible), Chatty Cathy (-2 combat strength for every adjacent friendly unit), Child of Nature (-5 combat strength on districts and improved tiles), Chronic Fatigue (-1 movement point), City Kid (+5 combat strength when on district tiles), Claustrophobic (-5 combat strength on forest and jungle tiles), Cocky (-1 combat strength when at full health), Country Bred (+5 combat strength on unimproved tiles.), Coward (-2 combat strength per adjacent enemy unit)

d: Damage Boost (+5 combat strength when attacking), Darcsen Bond (+2 combat strength when defending for every adjacent friendly unit belonging to a nation that follows the same religion as you), Darcsen Hater (-2 combat strength for every adjacent unit that belongs to a nation that follows the same religion as you), Darcsen Pride (+2 combat strength when attacking for every adjacent friendly unit belonging to a nation that follows the same religion as you), Daredevil (+2 combat strength for every enemy unit adjacent to them), Double Tank Damage (+5 combat strength when attacking cavalry units), Defense Boost (+5 combat strength when defending), Desert Allergy (-5 combat strength on Desert tiles), Desert Bred (+10 combat strength on desert tiles), Double Action (Has a 10% chance of restoring their movement and attack points after attacking), Double Attack (Has a 10% chance of restoring their attack points after attacking), Double Movement (Has a 10% chance of restoring their movement points after attacking)

e: Extra Shot (Can attack an extra time per turn if movement allows)

f: Fatalist (-1 combat strength when not at full health), Fearless Will (+5 combat strength when attacking), Fearless Will (+5 combat strength when next to an enemy unit), First Aid Boost (Heals twice as fast), Frail Body (-2 combat strength for every movement point used this turn), Full HP Recovery (Has a 10% chance to completely heal instantly every turn while fortifying until healed)

g: Good Buddy (+5 combat strength when next to friendly units)

h: Hard Worker (+1 attack per turn), Head-Lit Deer (-5 combat strength when defending), Humanitarian (Cannot move after attacking)

i: Imp Hater (+5 combat strength when attacking), Impatient (-2 defensive strength when fortified), Indecisive (-2 combat strength for every adjacent enemy unit when next to more than one), Intimate Company (+5 combat strength when next to friendly units), Invincible (when defending has a 10% chance of taking no damage)

j: Jam Jinxed (At the start of your turn this unit has a 10% chance of being unable to attack)

k: Kamikaze (Always fights as if at full health), Klutz (At the start of your turn this unit has a 10% chance of being unable to attack)

l: Lancer Killer (+5 vs Anti-Cavalry Units), Lone Wolf (-2 combat strength for every adjacent friendly unit), Lonely (-5 combat strength when not adjacent to a friendly unit), Loyal Teammate (+5 combat strength when next to friendly units),Lucky (Has a 10% chance to take no damage when defending)

m: Maintenance Lazy (At the start of your turn this unit has a 10% chance of being unable to attack), Masochist (Always fights as if at full health), Maternal (+5 combat strength when next to friendly units), Meadow Bred (+10 combat strength on Grassland tiles), Melee Skills (+5 defensive combat strength), Metal Allergy (-5 combat strength when on district and improved tiles), Metal Head (+5 combat strength on tiles with any kind of improvement that adds production to the tile), Mooch (Can attack an extra time if movement allows), Moody (At the start of your turn this unit has a 10% chance of being unable to do anything), My Way (+5 combat strength when not next to friendly units)

n: N/A (Dud promotion that does nothing that is the only one that could be received multiple times), Nature Lover (+5 combat strength on unimproved tiles), Neat Freak (-5 combat strength when on desert and featureless plains tiles), Nest Master (+5 attack strength on defensive tile improvements), Neutralize (Has a 10% chance to receive no damage when attacking), Never Say Die (+1 combat strength for every missing 10 HP)

o: Outcast (-2 combat strength for every adjacent friendly unit)

p: Panicky (-2 combat strength for every adjacent enemy unit), Penetrator (+5 combat strength when attacking), Perfect Dodge (when defending receives a 10% chance for a 50% reduction of received damage), Pessimist (-5 combat strength when at less than half health), Phoenix (has a 10% chance to regain full health when they loose all of their health), Pollen Allergy (-5 combat strength when on grassland tiles and farm improvements), Power Scout (+1 visual range and movement)

r: Repair Boost (If the unit is a Combat Engineer they can repair tiles without using a charge. For other units this also allows them to repair tiles), Resist Counters (has a 10% chance to receive 50% less damage when attacking), Resist Crossfire (has a 10% chance to receive 50% less damage when attacking), Roof Hunter (+5 combat strength against units in districts and units on hills), Runner's High (+2 combat strength for every movement point used this turn)

s: Sadist (+5 combat strength when attacking), Scout Hater (-5 combat strength when fighting recon units), Scout Killer (+5 vs Recon units), Show-Off (+2 defense per adjacent enemy), Shut-In (-2 combat strength when fortified), Sighting (+1 visual range), Skilled Assassin (+5 combat strength when flanking), Sniper Hater (-5 combat strength vs ranged units), Sniper Killer (+5 vs ranged units), Stage Fright (-2 combat strength for every adjacent enemy unit), Stand Ready (+5 defense when adjacent to an enemy unit), Stealth (Unit is invisible), Stonewall (+5 combat strength when defending), Strong-Willed (Unit ignores zone of control), Super Accuracy (+5 combat strength when attacking), Super Anti-armor (+5 vs Cavalry class units), Super Damage (+5 combat strength when attacking), Super Defense (+5 combat strength when defending), Super First Aid (Unit heals twice as fast)

t: Tank Destroyer (+5 vs cavalry class units), Tank Hater (-5 combat strength when adjacent to modern era or later cavalry units), Tank Killer (+5 vs cavalry class units), Tank Lover (+5 when next to friendly cavalry class units), Tank Slayer (+2 combat strength per adjacent cavalry class regardless of friend or foe), Third Eye (Can see invisible units), Trooper Hater (-5 combat strength vs melee units), Trooper Killer (+5 vs melee)

u: Undercover Fire (+5 attack strength when on defensive tile improvements), Unlucky (10% to deal 50% less damage when attacking)

C) All of the Type 36 tanks have the same promotion tree also being in a straight line: Type A Modification (+10 combat strength and +1 movement), Type B modification (+10 combat strength and +1 movement), Howitzer (Gains a ranged attack with a range of 1 and strength equal to 90% of the unit's combat strength)

7) A unique building that replaces the Military Academy called Lanseal Military Academy. It would be identical to what it replaces except it would provide 2 housing instead of 1, 33% more combat experience instead of 25%, 1 science, gives the city and encampment district an extra attack, increase outer defense by 100, and increases the ranged attack combat strength of the city and Encampment by 5.

8) A unique governor named Maurits von Borg. His starting trait would make it so that every city has bonus loyalty as if there was a governor in it. The first selectable ability would make it so that the city he is stationed in gives double loyalty pressure. Another early selectable ability would be that every tile in the city he's stationed in has +1 food. An mid-level unlockable ability would be that the city he's stationed in has double adjacency bonuses for all districts. The other mid-level trait would be that he makes that city permanently loyal. The final ability, which would require both of the mid-level ones, would be when a foreign city whose Loyalty falls to 0 immediately joins the player's civilization if they are the one exerting the most Loyalty pressure on it.

9) The template I used didn't have a place for lake names, so I wasn't able to figure out how to add them. There would be only 1 lake name, which would be Lake Graz.

10) Finally the last thing I was unable to implement was the art. I already have some stuff, I just wasn't able to implement it because my computer doesn't have enough space for any programs that can help me do so. I have the 3d models for all of the units except the Type 36 tanks. I wasn't planning on using any unique 3d models for the UB. The problem with the models I have is that they are all taken from some mods made for civ 5, meaning that you need to convert them to be able to use them for civ 6. There's a great post made by someone that explains how to do it, again my problem was that I don't have room on my laptop for the programs required to do it.

Before I give you what I have so far I'm gonna link to a website where you can get info for the civlopedia entries.

Shocktroopers Gallian Scouts Combat Engineers Snipers Type 36 series AT Lancers Maurits von Borg Lanseal Military Academy Ragnite

While making the part where I give you the files for the units and unique tile improvement I discovered that the forum isn't allowing me to do it, so instead I'll link to the civ 5 mods I got them from.

Gallian Scout, Shocktrooper, AT Lancer, Combat Engineer Edelweiss and Ragnite Refinery

For the 2d art I wanted to attach them to the post, but while making this part I discovered that this forum site only allows for up to 10 pictures so I'll put links to the images below. I wasn't sure what the name of the symbols that hover over units is called, so I called them emblems:

Cordelia leader image Leader Background (sorry for the low quality, that was the best image I could find) This image has the profile pictures that can be used in the civlopedia and the current unit screen for the Shocktrooper, Scout, Engineer, and AT Lancer Scout emblem Shocktrooper emblem AT Lancer emblem Engineer emblem Sniper emblem All tanks(emblem) image for unique governor Image for UB Image for Edelweiss civlopedia/current unit selection and 2d image for the Ragnite Refinery Image for the Type 36 light(civlopedia/current unit) Image for the type 36 medium civlopedia/current unit Image for the Type 36 Heavy civlopedia/current unit Reference for making the country's symbol

What I couldn't find any 3d models for was the type 36 tanks and the sniper unit. So sorry you're on your own with that one.

Here's where you can download what I have programmed so far:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/106PGE9KBI0LnmenevbrHzGpUY9cXkHkP/view?usp=sharing

I suggest checking it over to double-check that the little bit I did was right. I don't have anything other than Gallia's flag for the national symbol, so you'll need to make your own symbol for them with the flag as the reference/idea-giver.

I just want you to understand one thing: You have my permission to finish it, just make sure I'm listed as one of the authors. Feel free to put your name before mine if you'd like. I just want to see this become a mod.

Last edited:
Top Bottom