Ask Dennis Shirk about Civ V: Gods & Kings (submissions closed!)

In addition to the questions, there were the podcasts from the visit by 2K to Firaxis immediately after PAX East - but they don't seem to have been published either. Whilst they wouldn't have thrown any new information about the content of the game, it did seem that they would throw some light on what happens behind the scenes. Shame neither the questions posed here and the two other websites nor the podcasts have been forthcoming.

At this point I can't care anymore; we know all the civs and for the most part the UEs, more new content and scenarios, a reasonable idea of the faith, religion and espionage concepts and how they work, and the updated naval tactics. There isn't all that much left to learn beyond trivial matters. Plus it's about 2-3 weeks before the release, I've made my pre-order, all I'm doing now is watching the big turn counter in the sky until Gods and Kings comes out.
The questions won't, or at least shouldn't, come out now. Let's just enjoy the ride to the 19th, or in my case the 22nd.

At this point I can't care anymore; we know all the civs and for the most part the UEs, more new content and scenarios, a reasonable idea of the faith, religion and espionage concepts and how they work, and the updated naval tactics. There isn't all that much left to learn beyond trivial matters. Plus it's about 6-7 weeks before the release, I've made my pre-order, all I'm doing now is watching the big turn counter in the sky until Gods and Kings comes out.
The questions won't, or at least shouldn't, come out now. Let's just enjoy the ride to the 19th, or in my case the 22nd.

Fixed that for you... :sad:

End of June, my friend. We all assumed end of May when they said "late spring". Turns out Spring goes later than we thought.

Technically, June 19th is the last day of Spring, so when they said late Spring, they were being very concise. May is actually not "late Spring" at all.

End of June, my friend. We all assumed end of May when they said "late spring". Turns out Spring goes later than we thought.

No no, I thought the release date read May 19, as opposed to what it actually reads - June 19.
I should check with the store I ordered G+K, for some reason I remember the date May 22.

May 22 indeed for those of us that don't live in the States...

Aw crap, another one of those coments where I correct people but I am in fact, wrong because I didn't read the post properly D:

(I've edited my post btw).

Uh, sorry, brain-fart (I mean, I'm not even coherent with myself now):cringe:. June 22 outside of the States indeed.

I am confused. The game has 2 release dates? One for the US and one for everywhere else?

I live in Europe (Iceland), so when can I expect to see the game appear on STEAM for me?

I am confused. The game has 2 release dates? One for the US and one for everywhere else?

I live in Europe (Iceland), so when can I expect to see the game appear on STEAM for me?

Confused ?
Most games get publised in the US on a Tuesday and Europeans usually have to wait until Fryday on the same week. There are a few exceptions, but that's the norm.
For some reason Germany got Mass Effect 3 on a Thursday, one day earlier than the rest of Europe. Maybe it was so we could finish it earlier and enjoy the endings. :mad:

I think it's sometimes luck, I pre-ordered Portal 2, via Steam client and got to play it the moment it unlocked in U.S.A (since I had it pre-loaded as well)

Steam releases usually take the earliest available release date, not sure why though.
That would be the 19th by the way.

The only way to find out is to wait until the game is on steam.

Steam releases usually take the earliest available release date, not sure why though.
That would be the 19th by the way.

The only way to find out is to wait until the game is on steam.

It is really strange the preorder is not on steam yet. I suppose I will just preorder the disc.

It is really strange the preorder is not on steam yet. I suppose I will just preorder the disc.

It might be that steam has to consider this as dlc rather than a separate game, and I don't know if their system is set up to allow preordering dlc

Top Bottom