August 2020 Developer Livestream Discussion

upload_2020-8-26_20-36-35.png

Lisbon replacement perhaps? :mischief:

Re: GP changes

I like the foreign ministry change. Previously even if I was going diplo or suzerain over lots of city states I would ignore FM, but this makes it a great choice now. Pretty disappointing that they completely looked over the Audience Chamber as that was the most requested for a buff. Instead we get a pointless +5 faith for Grandmaster's Chapel. Um, thanks? If I'm running GC, I'm going to have a ton of holy sites everywhere so a measly +5 faith isn't anything.

Removing free amenities from cities could be seen as kind of a stealth buff to Audience Chamber? :dunno:

Pretty disappointing that they completely looked over the Audience Chamber as that was the most requested for a buff. Instead we get a pointless +5 faith for Grandmaster's Chapel.

Second this. Diplo favors are good, but +5 faith is quite, I would say, lackluster, especially when players constantly speak up for buffing the Audience Chamber.

It will be a shame if the Gov. Plaza changes are just these two.

+5 faith for Grandmaster Chapel.

Actually I'm already building this one 100% of the times, unless I'm playing Hungary or Sumeria.

They always buff things that are already strong, while leaving the weak ones( e.g. Intelligence Agency which I build 0% of the times) unchanged.

Is +5 a small amount? I don't think so. If you get 50-60 faith per turn at that time, +5 means 10% of the total faith generated.

+5 faith for Grandmaster Chapel.

Actually I build this one 100% of the times, unless I'm playing Hungary or Sumeria.

They always buff things that are already strong, while leaving the weak ones( e.g. Intelligence Agency which I build 0% of the times) unchanged.

I have done intelligence agency a little if I go heavier on spies, but yeah, even if I'm not doing a military game, I usually still choose GC.

Government Plaza changes:
  1. Foreign Ministry - 3 diplo favor per turn.
  2. Grandmaster Chapel - +5 faith per turn.

It isn't a lot, but the extra diplo does make it a more interesting decision, at least for the diplo victory. Spies can be used to get suzerainty over CS that you're struggling to get, while better and cheaper levy units can be used to liberate far away CS. Spies are more practical, less situational and more likely to give you a return, so it's hard to pick levy units over spies. This +3 favors might justify doing it.

I'm disappointed that they didn't mention other Government plaza tiers.

-8 amenities seems a bit much, I don't think I've ever seen a city with -8 amenities. If anything, they should made it easier for cities to revolt, not harder, IMO

Every city will consume 1 amenity as soon as you settle it now. That's a considerable change that will make it harder to avoid negative amenities, at least in early game. -8 does look like a lot, but we're also losing some amenities and negative penalties are harsher, so having just -1 in a city might be a real problem now.

Concerning the Work Ethic/Pillaged Holy Site bug:
FiraxisGames said:
we are still working on it. we are testing a fix to be sure it's working as expected. we don't want to rush the fix out.
So it sounds like there might still not be a fix in this update.

Good catch on Venice

No, currently a city always gets a free amenity. Now only the Palace gets one.
https://civilization.fandom.com/wiki/Palace_(Civ6) Check out this. Your capital suffer no amenity penalty on population 3 and 4 currently due to this amenity. (And your capital always get +5% on 1 and 2 population. That's why on settling your capital your science is 2.6 instead of 2.5)

(I'm saying Palace giving one is not a change.)

I'm not that excited about the Natural wonder picker or the Tech tree randomization (might be fun to try though) but the Amenity changes sounds like the kind of balance changes I want to see in these patches. We will see how it plays out of course but that sounds pretty exciting to me.

Top Bottom