Australian Politics

Gladys, the leader of the NSW liberals has resigned 20 minutes after a ICAC investigation was opened into her corrupt dealings, with her ex boyfriend a former MP.

NSW now in flux. ICAC also proving its worth.

The only issue is potentially getting a worse leader.

Last edited:
Thought she would fall on her sword over Covid.

Lightning rod to cover Scomo's ass in a way.

Thought she would fall on her sword over Covid.

Lightning rod to cover Scomo's ass in a way.

Not now. Covid infections are finally falling as vaccinations start to take effect. Victoria has now gone back above NSW in case numbers because of the anti vax crazies protesting, and getting robbed of vaccinations for NSW.

NSW state election is also next in 2023 so it's very unlikely that Covid will play a big role.

The Libs are definitely going to nominate one of the absolute ghouls to replace Berejiklian, this isn't exactly a victory for the left

The Libs are definitely going to nominate one of the absolute ghouls to replace Berejiklian, this isn't exactly a victory for the left

Well if the media doesn't fawn over the leader like they did with Gladys, it could be better in the longer run. The media elites really loved her, way more than the usual Liberal bias.

As for the shorter term, the gist I got was Barilaro pushing her around, so I'm not sure how much would change. Scott Morrison is personally more rightwing then Turnbull, but he doesn't really do anything legislative wise, aside from the usual pushing forward of security bills and quiet stuff.

The biggest thing, is if Perrotett gets in, he might just immediately lift all restrictions, before the vaccination numbers get on target.

Last edited:
Look tbh she was probably the best Labor premier that place had in a generation, it was weird. Did stuff Labor failed to do in office, like increase public transport build and legalise abortion.

I'm saying the last Labor govt was dreadful and did nothing. This is very much a comment on the dire state of NSW politics, not praise of her meeting a low bar.

Well if the media doesn't fawn over the leader like they did with Gladys, it could be better in the longer run. The media elites really loved her, way more than the usual Liberal bias.

Well much of the media elites are actually North Shore or Eastern Suburbs small-l liberals. They see their party being taken over by nutcases but can't bring themselves to ever vote Labor, for once they got a premier who seem to be embody their brand of sensible common sense government and they go all in for her.

That she's brought down by one of those "independent" bodies that they actually trust so much must have added salt to the wound.

Well much of the media elites are actually North Shore or Eastern Suburbs small-l liberals. They see their party being taken over by nutcases but can't bring themselves to ever vote Labor, for once they got a premier who seem to be embody their brand of sensible common sense government and they go all in for her.

That she's brought down by one of those "independent" bodies that they actually trust so much must have added salt to the wound.

Seems Labour in Aussie and UK are more popular now. Through no action if their just the right going crazy.

Holy hell. Barilaro Just resigned as well. THREE! Coalition byelections are coming out, all from former frontbenchers, and the leaders of each party. All safe seats of course, but a independent could win a seat and make the governments majorities more fragile.

I guess Friendly Jordies won. I'm sure his war on Bruz had a part to play. But maybe Barilaro got wind that ICAC was sniffing around him as well. Or making a move to a Federal politics.

Morrisons hope for the next election was gaining seats in NSW to offset losses elsewhere. That's been damaged heavily by this.

Bad day to be a Liberal in NSW. Leadership decimated and replaced by a far right Religious nut.

Perrotet will but heads with Andrews. He seems like a rather arrogant, dry and uninspiring person. Rob Stokes looked truly down to earth to me, but hey what do I know about NSW politics?

The only thing that is relevant about Australian politics is how much attention NSW is getting from ScoMo, particularly on vaccine delivery, and despite that the LNP is still behind on two party preferred.

And we finally have a federal election called. May 21. Of course they had to pick the date of the Canberra marathon to go call it, creating a traffic mess and delays for the marathon.

With Zelensky victorious in Ukraine, is it time for that very brash Kevin Wilson to run and win!

Of course. Who wouldn't vote for him? Sing-alongs on the campaign trail would be awesome!

And we finally have a federal election called. May 21. Of course they had to pick the date of the Canberra marathon to go call it, creating a traffic mess and delays for the marathon.
Huh? Do you think marathon runners are going to stop to get their free Democracy sausage? :)

Top Bottom