Australian Politics

Will the country's worst Labor Party get re-elected

Yeah, they're probably close. Then again even Vic Labor are incredibly cop-happy and a lot of them are utter pricks towards the Greens.

Lots of Bad Labor Parties out there really.

Looks like the fash/Hansonite vote might be subsiding

They already held Mirani, I assume he's just modelled them keeping it on the basis of basically no votes (350)

First flip of the night, with ABC projecting Caloundra as a Labor gain. Very good.

Edit - Just slipped to ahead.

ABC vs Poll bludger is odd.

ABC at the moment has ALP 37, LNP 24, Other 6

Poll Bludger is 17 Labor, 37 LNP.

On ABC, there seems to be a few LNP seats with Labor leading, and a few Labor seats with the LNP leading. Could just be a realignment election, with the majorities largely unchanged.

Not sure about Poll bludger. Pretty big gap between ABC vs Pollbludger, and not sure who to trust.

Last edited:
Well going with the ABC, Labor has 42 of the 47 needed, and they are back to a gain. ALP has more of the not sure seats, ahead. It could turn around, but it seems Labor is likelier to form a government.

Generally, Labor has swings towards it in the South, particularly in Brisbane, and a swing to the LNP in the regional areas.

There's regional labour parties?

We're a federation. There are nine parliaments, and nine governments. That means every state and territory has a version of Labor, a version of the Greens, and some configuration of Liberal-National coalition across either one or two parties.

South Brisbane looks pretty safely Green now, making the second flip of the night. Labor has no net gains yet, but still has more of the aheads.

Poll bludger has a seat gains for Informed Medical Options (anti vaxxers) and animal justice. I think the model is borked. I'm just following the ABC now.

Ah, stand down - Cooper and McConnel both likely to have the Green vote tanked back down to third place by postals

ALP up to 45. Labor has basically won, majority or minority, even with heavy Palmer spending, and Morrison campaigning like mad against Queensland Labor.

Greens have second gain to ABC, with McConnell. Labor back down to 44. Edit - Slipped back off.

Checking out Sky News to see their meltdown. Just recriminations all around for the LNP, and saying it is mostly COVID. And literally, nobody mentioning Campbell Newman for why the LNP has issues in the state, but not federally.

Even Campbell Newman doesn't say why Queensland LNP has an issue.

https://twitter.com/CampbellNewman/status/1322476776501567488

Spare me the COVID-19 excuse for what's happening tonight in Qld. The LNP primary vote was 36pc a year ago. We had a problem prior to the pandemic

It is crazy that the LNP lets him keep getting on TV. They should stick him down a hole.

Edit
Okay ABC has changed to 2 Labor gains, and 1 green gain. Mcconnell went from a green gain, to back to Labor, while Cooper has a slight Green lead. The greens are having a bouncy night.

Last edited:
Cooper and McConnel are both looking like three-cornered races that will hinge on elimination order. I don't think they'll be known tonight unless the big blocks of early vote added later on clarify things.

upload_2020-10-31_21-46-46.png

If the Greens get into second, they win, otherwise Labor win. Also what a stonking set of main candidate names.

Other electorate a similar situation.

upload_2020-10-31_21-49-5.png

They both now look like Prahran, Maiwar and Balmain type electorates, three-cornered and dependent on elimination order.

Christ everyone on this ABC panel is so salty and sooky too. The ACT panel was much more collegiate.

Labor up to 3 gains.

I have to say, that NSW Labor is officially the worst State Labor party now. Queensland Labor is great at winning elections. Thet might not be perfect in policy, but they at least get some stuff done and prevent the LNP from getting in. NSW Labor, for as long as I've been politically active has just been hapless.

Also the LNP guy complaining about advertising. Brazen bull. Murdoch, and Palmer all against Labor.

Now some idiot Nationals on ABC is going against the Postal service. I'm 90% sure this is just some brain worms caught from Trump. You guys run the post, you moron. You are the government.

Wow Labor on 44, and every seat in doubt, is Labor ahead (except greens in Cooper). The seats aren't quite breaking fully to Labor, but they are still heavily favoured for them to break, and expand their majority, even with the Greens subtracting some.

One nation person melting down on ABC about media consolidation and lack of media resources to cover everybody ... and blaming it on the ABC. Not Murdoch and the LNP budget cuts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom