Autosave Archive utility needed

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
@ainwood & Dianthus

Both CivAssistII and CrpStat had built in options to archive the autosave files. Is there anyway build us a quick & dirty utility by ripping out the piece of code that monitors the autosave folder and archive new files to another folder? No need for a UI, just use an ini-like file for the paths.

You know, just something to tide us over until you come out with your Civ4 versions. :mischief:

We all promise to :worship: whoever gets it done first. :mischief: :mischief:

Denniz said:
@ainwood & Dianthus

Both CivAssistII and CrpStat had built in options to archive the autosave files. Is there anyway build us a quick & dirty utility by ripping out the piece of code that monitors the autosave folder and archive new files to another folder? No need for a UI, just use an ini-like file for the paths.

You know, just something to tide us over until you come out with your Civ4 versions. :mischief:

We all promise to :worship: whoever gets it done first. :mischief: :mischief:
Well, its nearly 1 AM in the UK at the moment, so I might have an advantage - although dianthus is currently on-line. :hmm:

Yeah - should be very easy. Might be better to get Dianthus to write it in C++, because C# needs the .Net framework, but I might do a quick-and-dirty one anyway. :)

Just noticed this thread!

ainwood said:
Well, its nearly 1 AM in the UK at the moment, so I might have an advantage - although dianthus is currently on-line. :hmm:
I was having fun re-installing lots of stuff on my new harddrive after my old one bit the dust, + browsing CFC at the same time.

ainwood said:
Yeah - should be very easy. Might be better to get Dianthus to write it in C++, because C# needs the .Net framework, but I might do a quick-and-dirty one anyway. :)
Might be better if you did your quick-and-dirty one. It'll be a little while before I'm back up to speed. The next thing I need to install is Civ4, and obviously I'll have to make sure it works OK after installing... :mischief:

Top Bottom