CCM2 Epic Mod

I only have the complete files of the next version of CCM on my pc to avoid mix-ups with CCM 2.5. In the next version of CCM the Immortals cost 10 gold (and are much cheaper than the spearmen for other civs, which cost 20 gold) and can upgrade to pikemen which cost 30 gold for all civs. When looking in the old CCM 2.5 biq the setting there seems to be the same.

jlvr, if you really paid 60 gold for the upgrade of one immortal to one pikeman, it seems you were riped off by the pikeman. :D
I think I know what happened: this was a new game I started after reinstalling CIV III a few days ago. I didn't notice, but the instalion reseted all the victory conditions and start options. I use acelerated production and supplies and the new game had none. Something in the defaults must cause this increase, cause I noticed it in other units. I restarted with my stantard options and it should be fine now.

If you routinely have AccProd switched on, then (regardless of what the upgrade gold-to-shield ratio is set at) all upgrades will be half the 'real' price -- because AccProd halves all the shield-costs.

If you routinely have AccProd switched on, then (regardless of what the upgrade gold-to-shield ratio is set at) all upgrades will be half the 'real' price -- because AccProd halves all the shield-costs.
Did not know that...

Any ETA on CCM3? LK171 moving nicely, and I hope LK172 will be CCM3.

CCM3 is moving on nicely, too. There are to do some small adjustments in the time scale and two civilopedia entries for governments (no big work). I am mainly waiting for the next official version of the Flintlock mod, as at present CCM 3 is running with the not official R17 preview 2 version of the Flintlock mod.

At present I play a very interesting test game with CCM 3 where all settings concerning CCM 3 are running well. There are some smaller graphical problems with the new naval retreat settings in the Flintlock R17 preview 2 mod, that I have posted in the forum of the Flintlock mod. And I am eagerly waiting for the new era specific settings of the names of civilizations and their era specific rulers, that Flintlock is working on for the next version of his brilliant mod.

CCM3 is moving on nicely, too. There are to do some small adjustments in the time scale and two civilopedia entries for governments (no big work). I am mainly waiting for the next official version of the Flintlock mod, as at present CCM 3 is running with the not official R17 preview 2 version of the Flintlock mod.

At present I play a very interesting test game with CCM 3 where all settings concerning CCM 3 are running well. There are some smaller graphical problems with the new naval retreat settings in the Flintlock R17 preview 2 mod, that I have posted in the forum of the Flintlock mod. And I am eagerly waiting for the new era specific settings of the names of civilizations and their era specific rulers, that Flintlock is working on for the next version of his brilliant mod.
Soon (TM)

:lol::lol:

Soon (TM)

:lol::lol:
:yup: Yes, this seems to be correct. I have just asked Flintlock if I can draw a link to the R17 preview 2 installation of his great mod in case that the official R17 version is still needing more time.

chrome-capture-2024-2-18.png

:D

Ozy, thank you very much for this nice advertisment about CCM 2.5, but I think that soon it will be wrong, when CCM 3 is appearing. :)

If you have a look into the thread of the Flintlock mod, you can see that Flintlock is planning to release soon the R17 preview 3 version of his mod with era specific civ names and leader names - what can be very good for CCM, as I hope now the era specific leaders in CCM can receive their real names. :bounce:

Ozy, thank you very much for this nice advertisment about CCM 2.5, but I think that soon it will be wrong, when CCM 3 is appearing. :)

If you have a look into the thread of the Flintlock mod, you can see that Flintlock is planning to release soon the R17 preview 3 version of his mod with era specific civ names and leader names - what can be very good for CCM, as I hope now the era specific leaders in CCM can receive their real names. :bounce:
Well, then I guess I'll have some updating to do :cowboy:

:D

Cheburashka_1... Welcome to Civfanatics :)

I am certain you will have Good Times here. Members are Helpful and Friendly as you can see from tjs282.
... and there are Many Great Games that have been made from Civ III Conquests to play as well :yup:
Since your wall is not allowing comments.. Happy Birthday!

Aiken_Drumn, om traktorn stjälper, håll fast i ratten, hoppa ej is a nice signiture :D (Google helped me to understand it) and Cheburashka_1 Happy Birthday! :bday:

Now trying it with my Macbook Pro. Download speed is around 775 kilobytes per second, so the estimate is one hour and thirty-eight minutes. It looks like it is the Internet connection speed. Such is life.
@timerover51 I was catching up on CCM updates and saw that you have a MacBook Pro. I have Civ 3 (Windows version) running great on my M2 MacBook Air using the free Porting Kit app. Might be something worth looking into. Late game especially will be A LOT faster.

@Civinator - how is CCM 3.0 coming along?
LK171 is moving along nicely, and I want LK172 to be "trying CCM3.0".

@Civinator - how is CCM 3.0 coming along?
LK171 is moving along nicely, and I want LK172 to be "trying CCM3.0".
It is a great honour, that you want to try CCM 3 in your next succession game and it is surely a great help in improving that mod. :)

All in all (with the exception of some "cosmetics") CCM 3 was ready until some days ago the new version of the Flintlock mod R17 Preview 3 was released. At present I have problems to use the new eraspecific leadernames, that are coming with the new version of the Flintlock mod: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...rd-and-much-more.666881/page-96#post-16591375

The new era-specific civnames that are also introduced with the new version of the Flintlock mod are not tested yet in CCM 3.

Civinator, when you start a new thread for CCM3 will you mention it here?

The new options in the R17 Preview 3 version of the Flintlock mod add a lot of flavour to CCM. In my current testgame with CCM 3 the change in names worked very well in the diplomacy screen. Here you can see a screenshot of all civs (but Arabia, which is in era 2) in era 1 in 750 AD with their civ and leader names (per example Emperor Julius Caesar of Rome) and in the next screenshot most of these civs in era 2, showing Duke Lorenzo de Medici from the Italian city-states. The time of abstract leader names like Ruler (Fra.), Ruler (Rus.) or Ruler (Ger.) in CCM is over. :) It is a pitty that some colours of the civ texts on the marple diplomacy screen are looking somewhat pale (per example the text for the USA in era 2). I will have a try if they look better on the "sandstorm background" of standard Civ 3.

Civs Era 1.jpg

Civs Era 2.jpg

The new hidden monthly time scale, appearing in most parts of the game still in years without any monthly additions is working well. This could also be an interesting update for the RARR mod, too. I am surprised about the historical accuracy of that test game compared to the historical time scale. I am now in 1800 AD in the tech "The Napoleonic Age" and now doing research in the tech Steam Power, that I will reach in 10 years. Not historical is, that I am just preparing a special military operation against the Japanese terrorism by pillaging warrior monks and my fleet, including sailing ships of the line, is preparing as a part of that attack.

1800 AD Napoleonic Age.jpg

Hidden monthly time scale.jpg

Last edited:
The new options in the R17 Preview 3 version of the Flintlock mod add a lot of flavour to CCM. In my current testgame with CCM 3 the change in names worked very well in the diplomacy screen. Here you can see a screenshot of all civs (but Arabia, which is in era 2) in era 1 in 750 AD with their civ and leader names (per example Emperor Julius Caesar of Rome) and in the next screenshot most of these civs in era 2, showing Duke Lorenzo de Medici from the Italian city-states. The time of abstract leader names like Ruler (Fra.), Ruler (Rus.) or Ruler (Ger.) in CCM is over. :) It is a pitty that some colours of the civ texts on the marple diplomacy screen are looking somewhat pale (per example the text for the USA in era 2). I will have a try if they look better on the "sandstorm background" of standard Civ 3.

View attachment 688939
The next step for Flintlock, change the aggression level as the Era leader changes. Also, $80,758 gold? Daddy Warbucks!

Top Bottom