PeteAtoms

FormulaRandom
Let's get the ball rolling on a second installment of "Avatar Help."

The first thread is years old, and many of the original posters have become a rare presence. But there are plenty of people still around who can help you and your avatar needs.

And let's celebrate the new 100x100 avatar limit! :dance:

Forum Rules said:
If you have 30 posts AND have registered for 30 days, you can give yourself a custom title and a custom non-animated avatar. The dimension limit of custom avatars is 70x70 pixels and size limit is 4 KB.

If you have 100 posts AND have registered for 100 days, you can give yourself a custom non-animated avatar up to 100x100 pixels and 6 KB in size.

Edit: I think I added a little bit of contrast to the top one. The second one is a straight forward reduction in size. And the third one was some some curve editing, I don't remember what I did specifically.

Since you're a mod, 8.72kb is fine for you:

EDIT - compared to the ones above I cut off a bit of the white border so it should blend a bit better.

Can someone change this to 100X100 and cut out the writing on the top, thanks.

Spoiler :

Can someone change this to 100X100 and cut out the writing on the top, thanks.

Spoiler :

Here you go. I did 3 different croppings so you can decide which one you like the best:

Personally, I like the second one. Has a sense of motion to it.

EDIT -- In case you were looking for a simple resize:

Yeah I like the second one too. Thanks

Could someone 100x100 my avatar? Here's a bigger version of the whole "The Kramer", just in case using it to build the av would be of a higher quality than resizing my actual av:

Spoiler :

I adjusted the colors a bit to make it stand out a bit more.

Thanks, GB!

Well I too need a 100x100 version of my avatar.

Origional conversion into the old CFC avatar format;
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4715978&postcount=3109 (Is ybbor still around?)

(Picture drawn by Kan' Sharuminar)
So anyways;

100x100 same shot as I have now, needs the same colouring (green body, eady black eyes, brown chair, white teeth). Please and thanks!

PS Feel free to make various versions which include more and/or less of the chair, as lnog as it is still recognisable as a chair (or as much as it currently is).

Made the green a bit more vibrant than your old one. Dunno if I got the color of the chair right, but to me it looks good with the green. I can adjust it though.

Bigger version...

"Neat" version

-----------------------------
"grainy"/pencil version

Any of these good enough? (first time doing this BTW :p )

First, thanks to CivGeneral and Pete Atoms for their attempts in the previous thread.

But let's try this from scratch.

Starting with this 307x300 jpeg:
View attachment 146259

I need it resized to 100x100, a maximum of 10K in size. Either make the background transparent, or do something else with it (for example, my current avatar).

PICTURES OF ME!

Thank you both of you :)

However I find stickcivs a bit bright, but I think I have an idea for using it in AARs ^_^

For Wolf, they are nice too although could I be centered please? Otherwise it's going to drive me crazy :p I like it like my current avatar, although a bit more around him can be shown because of the larger size. I like the colours you used except the background is a bit bright on the Black CFC style so if it could be the same colour it is in my old one that'd be awesome. Please and thanks :)

EDIT: oh, and as for the pencil marks, this one is the one I like the most, also the green doesn't make the flat looking spot (which is just smooth, I don't have a flat forhead!) not flat just fine :)
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7223/scampcoloredve2ph6.jpg

EDIT2: So basically to sum it up, darker background colour and centered, I don't mind not having the corner of the chair showing.

Here is my try. I really have no idea how to color in a b&w image the proper way, so I would really be grateful if Northern Wolf or stickciv could point me to a tutorial, or tell me how they did it.

I did it by creating a layer over the original b&w and setting it to "color burn," and colored in the lines with the paintbrush. The problem was, the colors I picked from the swatches and used in the color burn layer, showed up differently. (I chose a dark brown and it came out lighter after it was put onto the layer, I tried to compensate, but there must be an easier way.)

You don't have to use this one, Princescamp, it was my best try, and I keep trying because I want to get better. And when resized it, it came out a little narrower than the original.

Spoiler for pictures :

With light back

with dark back

Lighter version(overall)

Something messy...

New position.

Uhm... You are bit "darker"...

And then some more "darker".

Any of these good enough? Bad? Why? (whats wrong, what to improve, I am a beginner in these things...)

How I do it?

I can't explain in detail or with English phases as my GIMP has translation to only Estonian, and I cannot switch it to English... HOW CAN I TURN IT TO ENGLISH? 1 FREE CYBER COOKIE FOR ONE WHO SHOWS ME HOW!!!!

@pete
I use gimp and MS paint, I refuse to use anything that I have to pay for (expt windows)

1. I chose similar colored areas("scamp" for an example) with "magic wand" (chooses similar-colored areas), first time takes quite a while to get, as computer does not see entire image and can choose areas outside of chosen object, I had to manually correct quite many errors. Also it leaves blank (unchosen) areas inside pic, that you have to manually add to selection.....

2. Then changed balance of colors. (yes, picture can be black-white, but both black and white are MIXTURES of colors), so adjusting sliders, I picked correct colors.

3. Then adjusted darkness and contrast (still using "magic wand").

resized.

Top Bottom