Alright, I feel it's time for another well deserved bump of this thread! News from Korea: apparently one of the animators leaked a line test for the upcoming Avatar series, featuring Korra beating the crap out of some people without bending. The wikia is implying that the video is legit and not a fanimation. Here's the video:

Link to video.

Thoughts? Anyone else as stoked as I am?

Is there a release date on this yet?

Sometime in the fall of 2011, my best guess would be September of '11.

MORE NEWS!

Dante Basco (who voiced Zuko) has announced that he has been signed on to do some VA work for the new Korra series. He said the character he is voicing is a surprise, or at least it was surprising to him. He also announced that Mae Whitman (a.k.a. Katara, a.k.a. HER?) has not. What could this mean? My best guess is we'll be seeing old Zuko in this series ^_^

Here's the source link http://dantebasco.wordpress.com/2010/11/03/the-new-avatar-series/

Totally not a classy move there, silver.

I'm bumping this with a bunch of new information.

http://www.avatarspiritmedia.net/news.php?year=2011&month=3#n572

"The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra" is due out on Nickelodeon in mid-2012.

Originally, the new series had been picked up for 12 episodes, but Nickelodeon recently ordered 14 more.

The creators say they "have lots of ideas for the Avatar universe" and that they "could be tapping into them for years to come".

The present status of the new series: all the scripts have been recorded and the episodes are currently being animated.

The tone of the new series is older. The main characters are in their late teens, with Korra herself being 16 or 17.

Ships ahoy! "We've always loved those kind of teen love triangle type stories […] We're definitely getting into it in this series."

There will be cars and motorcycles in the world of Avatar Korra.

Regarding the characters from the original series, Bryan says "it's 70 years later so they'll appear in various ways perhaps", and Mike adds that "there is definitely a link to the old series and the old characters."

Korra's personality is basically the anti-Aang. She is "in your face", "tough", "headstrong", and sometimes picks fights with people on purpose.

The main villain of the new series is "kind of an anti-bending revolutionary guy", who is also described as "very scary" and "a challenge for Korra".

The mystery of Zuko's mom continues. Say the creators, "That question will be answered in some way, but not necessarily in the show."
Highlighting mine.

So it is no longer a mini-series but a full one now!

Thanks for updating with that WSJ article. I was going to, but that's way too much work. :goodjob:

Yeah, I embarrassingly forgot this thread existed a month and a half ago otherwise I would've snapped up the quick postcount; I obviously snagged the Avatar avatar from the article quite some time ago :p

Cars and motorcycles? I dunnoooooo

Everything else sounds awesome though :D

Blasted through Avatar in a couple weeks not that long ago, and I really enjoyed the series. I'm looking forward to seeing how this one is as well.

For what it's worth, Aang's son Tenzin, Korra's Airbending master (and somebody who is already starting to be shipped, despite the fact that he's gotta be like fifty) is being voiced by JK Simmons, who is awesome. :D

For what it's worth, Aang's son Tenzin, Korra's Airbending master (and somebody who is already starting to be shipped, despite the fact that he's gotta be like fifty) is being voiced by JK Simmons, who is awesome. :D

Oh heavens, I just had a JK Simmons voice acting fix in Portal 2, I'm not sure I could take another.

Oh, there's something fresh and original.

Well I for one am so happy for you guys, good to hear the news keeping up. Just a bit longer till this anime show about an underage girl is on air!

Top Bottom