AWAW 1939-45 Game # 2

All aspects of the Soviet government (including legal and foreign affairs), after extensive review of all records, communications and briefs between the Third Reich and the USSR have agreed: while there is some cause for concern regards Germany's 'transgression'... these would not appear to be of such an issue as to 'null' our non-aggression treaty with them, but raise serious issues governing treatment of an ally. As such, Politburo ratifies cancellation of alliance, while leaving the non-aggression pact... future... completely up to Germany, with the understanding that we, the USSR, shall understand Germany's 'TURN'... to 'reply'...

Boli and Voltar,

Gary, Morten and I (yes, the unholy alliance... :mischief: ) have discussed that, if you would agree upen it, we could end the game here.
Even though you Boli really hasn't seen that much combat, it is going to be more than an uphill battle for you (and the remaining Canadians under Voltar).

Off cause, if Gary deceides to turn against Japan and Germany, the game could last several turns yet before ending. But I think considering the turn of the game until now it would be kind of a downer for him.

Anyway, I think it has been a great game (maybe) showing how bad WWII could have turned out for the free world had Hitler and Stalin continued to coorperate past 1941.

What do you say?

I am not folding a hand with a royal flush!

Suffice to say I will fight on to the bitter end. It will be interesting on the game now technology might start to play a part in the game.

I'll blow your god damn teeth out Morten :)

Alexandria bombarded 1 Pz. grenaider division destroyed.

Attachments

• brit35.zip
    59.4 KB · Views: 246
Can this be true? Intercepted intelligence reports (soviet privates looked up from eating their breakfast, while entrenched about Alexandria :) ) seem to indicate that Germany has STILL not vacated territories deemed and approved to be Soviet Union's, and under Soviet Union's sphere of influence? German troops still within a SOVIET CITY?

How can this be!?
Is this UK propaganda?

Oh, really...?

In that case, I must tell you that Morten and I both owe you a sincere "Thanks",... as he and I have been 'wrestling' with how 'best' he can get his troops out of my Soviet city/cities in Africa.
So thank you, on the both of our behalfs... especially mine... at saving us some time and conciderable expenditure of energy in trying to............... 'hammer' :) .............. out how best to remove his troops.

(Private joke, everyone! You just GOTTA love that one, eh, Morten!?)

Well, now that it's a 'moot point'... (his removing his troops from my city),
I'll take my turn after I get off work. Umm, however... before I UN-entrench Soviet forces in the middle east... and move them from 'fortified positions' into the vulnerability of "Big Guns"... might I possibly refer your attention back to the previous offered 'non-aggression pact' which I assume you have obviously 'over looked' (rather than ignored? :)

Gary

Soviet units this turn advance into and take possession of the Soviet cities of El Alamein and Alexandria with no resistance... other than several units of misguided people (divisions) who were so rash as to 'pop up' RIGHT in the very front of Soviet Armor treads! Horribly... unfortunately... fast responding Soviet tank commanders, normally of blazing lightning reflexes, missed these poor unfortunate fools as they were ground into a grisly red smear.

Soviet lead army elements in the vanguard of the main Soviet African Corps, notices that the remaining German unit(s) appear to be attempting to embark and leave this Soviet 'African Sphere of Influence' from the Soviet city of Tobruk. Moscow of course doesn't object to this departure, as long as the german troops are removed prior to Soviet entering the city... but suggests that our German friends may consider leaving our city of Tobruk in a better condition than Alexandria.

@Boli: your naval forces currently within Alexandria waters are respectfully requested to be removed from our waters. Soviet sailors, in dress uniform were 'lining the sides' of OUR "big guns" (as you can see)... came to attention and rendered respectful 'honors' to the American fleet, dipping the Soviet flag to half mast, then raising after receiving same honors from American warships.

Edinburgh and Glasgow captured. Numerous British units destroyed, as the Axis juggernaut paves its way through Scotland.

Tobruk has now been vacated to the approaching Soviet African Corps. Other remnants of the German Africa Korps have deserted at the bare sight of the massive columns of Soviet armour appearing over the desert horizon. Apparently, some of these former Axis divisions has managed to take up a new strongpoint in southern Turkey, firing at random at anything with a pulse approaching their hideout. Some Soviet infantry were tragically destroyed by these outlaws, clearly meant to disturb the peace and fine international relations between Russia and Germany. Rebels claim there exists a state of war between Russia and Germany, which is however firmly denied by Axis officials.

This game was an obvious Germany-Japanese-Soviet win many turns ago. I mean, I could now launch a war against Germany, just to see what would happen after standing alone against her, but, what with the UK being knocked out of the game (as Voltar adroitly stated in AWAW game #3), the game is essentially over.
At least for me, as I've lost interest in pursuing this game.

If either Boli or Voltar... or anyone else wishes to take over the USSR in this game... please do so. If you continue with the obvious existing plans, you should be able to 'slog' your way through Germany, and even 'elsewhere' over the next 100 turns or so left in the game.

I'm sorry about it, but I've lost the interest in pursuing it to its CONCLUSION... as I know I *should* in a 'test' game.

Sorry, Bo.

I understand Gary. This game evolved to more than a test game thx to all of you. :king:

Should we continue with the AI taking over USSR? Other suggestions?

Well, since no one has urged any opinions to if the USSR should be continued under AI or human control, I think this game should be terminated.
As you, Boli and Voltar, where the only ones still interested in continuing, you guys should post any ideas if you disagree with this.

~BKA

Top Bottom