Axum Spearman

Plotinus said:
I turned Shaka into an African army, if you really want one. It's in the scenario.
I'll just pop in to say that Shaka, and king units in general work pretty well as armies, once you convert them (or trick Plotinus into converting them :p) into the appropriate format.

Kings also make good Leader graphics - the Maya scen uses Smoke-Jaguar as the Army and Montezuma as the Leader.

Frickin wicked Ethiopian warrior dudes coming up, by the looks of it!

Shiro, which one is the guy in blue? Looks all black & white to me, I guess it's the guy wearing the black robe. I think the guy in white squatting on his haunches looks the coolest, but whatever. I don't care. These guys are super intense. Super glad I ain't fighting them!

I think the guy on the left with the sword is the coolest, but they are all highly cool and would make great units. Now you know why Ethiopia never got conquered, apart from that brief business with Mussolini.

As for the outfit of a javelin thrower, perhaps he would be best in an outfit like that of the guy squatting in that picture, but with a javelin instead of a gun.

If you were to make the Touraeg Warrior in both rifle and sword wielding versions, that would be best of all!

I wonder if someone would be willing to do a palette edit on this spearman. Would be nice to have a variation with tannish, near-eastern skin tones. . . :mischief:

Otherwise, I'm fairly late with this but. . .I LOVE this unit! We are in definite need of more Bronze Age units.

Great to see all this happening. Crucial contributions.

Great unit in the OP too Shiro. Thanks a bunch. :goodjob:

Top Bottom