Aztec Units

DWOLF

Death Before Dishonor
after a few tutorials, I finally manage to create a few units for myself.

Inspired by ModFreak's Aztec unit pack. I bring you the missing units to complement ModFreak's Archer / Axeman / Spearman / Horse Archer units. I didn't include the feathers that go on top of the head of the units since I didn't want to make the units looks just like the Jaguar...hey they Jaguar needs to have it's originality right?

Longbowman
Crossbowman
Maceman
Pikeman
Chariot
Knight
War Elephant

All units have the Jaguar skin but each uses it's corresponding animation. I used a few items from bernie14, the shield and sword from Bakuel, and the war elephant came from Chuggi. This is my very first time doing units so don't expect nothing that is "jaw dropping" like bernie14, Chuggi, asioasioaso, Zerver, danrell, snafusmith & Sezereth normally do.

DOWNLOAD LINK:

Aztec Units

ALTERNATIVE LINK:

Aztec Units

Sure you would put these here, after i have redone all my Aztecs, LOL thx,
but i had a maceman and a pikeman already, is there any reason why the capes so much?
Good job!

Thanks...why so many capes you ask?

Simple, capes are cool ;) ... nah but seriously I added thems so those units would stand out from the early units. For example the Pikeman / Crossbowman / Maceman / Knight have the capes to signify that they're "elite" or at least that they're stronger than their earlier comrades a.k.a axeman / archer just to name a few.

Nice work. Do I see Bakuel's old Egyptian weapons on that maceman?

I did take the shield & sword from an egyptian maceman but I never actually knew who made it, thanks for letting me now. :goodjob:

Nice units, what animation are you using for the Maceman ? for me he always ends up somewhat funny (the best I can do is no neck)

EDIT: found it, it uses Art/Units/Unique/Roman/Praetorian/Praetorian.kfm

Awesome work go aztecs!

This is a mod right?

If not how can you add them to the game? Sorry I'm kind of new to modding and such.

Nope, this is not a mod... it's just a few unit models... you'd have to do the XML work to use them.

Almost everything you see in this particular forum is identical to the above... unit models and unit models only... pretty much everything in this forum requires the end-user to insert them into his own game by doing the XML work him/herself.

How about graphic modpacks you don't have to change anything right? Btw love your mod wolfshanze.

Most of the graphic modpacks like Cultural Diversity or Ethnic Citystyles are mods that do the XML work for you... so you just stick them in your mods folder and run them as a mod (or if it's modular, you use it with modular loading enabled).

This particular forum with unit models is where most of us mod-makers hang-out to find stuff to steal for our own mods (and of-course model makers and reskinners who like to share their work).

There's almost nothing in this forum that is game-ready from a download-alone perspective... the stuff you'll find in this forum almost always requires some sort of XML work to get it into a game or mod... of course us mod-makers love this forum, because it's where we get a lot of our stuff from! Pretty much anything you see showing up here ends-up in somebody's mod in short order... if not in several mods! ;)

Of course, if you're willing to do your own XML work, then you can use anything you see here too... but if you did your own XML work, then you'd be a modder... and one of us!

Okay thanks wolfshanze.

Hey Nero, glad you like the units = )

As for adding them to your game, check my Mexico Empire civ and you can take check the XML files to get an idea on how to add these units.

Looks like a great mod I'll download the mexico mod tommorrow when I get bts.:goodjob::D

Top Bottom