B_01 - Cowboy Diplomacy

Hey guys, I just thought about something: how about we play the roster variably, i.e. we play a different order every 'turn' and arrange it so that it can run smoothly. I know I might have to skip a couple of times because of my finals, and I suppose you too guys will have that kind of punctual problems, so here's how I see it.

Turn 1
Beorn <- played
BigNHuge
MeteorPunch
Abegweit <- week-ends, so probably 2nd or last
GeneralMayhem

When there is no need for changing the order, we turn the roster around in the way it was randomly set at start(well, except for me starting, it was random;)).

Every set of turns I post that kind of roster, with whatever particularities you said in the previous posts, checking whoever has played in the given set of turns. Whenever someone can play his turn of the set, let him do so, and we roll on from then; make sure however that it does not risk to interfere with the others' particularities, and make sure you post a 'got it' accordingly. The only purpose is for flexibility, and I hope it won't get cross posted much, so if we post clear 'got it' 's I think it'll work.

If you guys agree on that, I consider it started right now, with Abe on the specifics list.

Beorn-eL-Feared said:
Abegweit <- week-ends

I can normally play pretty much anytime. It just happens that I am flying to Japan tomorrow and will be pretty busy for the first couple of days I'm there

I can't load the save :sad:

And my window of opportunity to play is pretty much gone :cry: :cry:

So I guess BigNHuge is up. Find those wheels for us :D

I'll check back in a couple of days.

I also tried to load the save since you said you couldn't and it said DataIO system error: TILE, then refused to load. What graphics modpack are you using, since that might be causing it for those of us that don't have it.

Possibly a version issue? I'm running 1.22 with no mods of any kind.

As a recall, there is an issue in Conquests about loading old saves.

That could be it, are you running 1.22 Beorn-eL-Feared?

Some other ideas how to resolve this.

Could ask Ainwood to take a look at the file. Apparently he's a wiz about these things.

As I understand autosaves are different than regular ones (something to do with compression, I think). Try posting an autosave.

This could have something to do with the ulaval server. Try posting it to the normal uploads folder.

ill pick it up when save issues are done

The problem is probably due to how I linked it, I'm using a program I don't know much about myself, so I'll try and link them from in here.

I'd trace a parallel between the buggy save file and the buggy "2" seed image, if anything. I'll run some tests and come back with an answer.

MP the space boxer said:
So we each play "just whenever" (...) ?
What I had in mind was more like about having a fixed roster with high flexibility for singularities in our schedules, when they're announced in advance.

So this time I guess we would follow the roster by having BNH play 2nd, then MP and then though it would be Abe, since we don't know whether he'll be back or not, if General sees he can play before Abe is back, he should do so by any means.

So I'd answer your question by a no, MP: we play the roster, but we would take no shame in a delay/advance in turn orders that's predicted.

Testing, file cowboy3000 dir B caps sav

About the savefiles problems: I tried a bunch of things, same error comes in again, so I guess I'll have to let this site host the saves.

Here's the long awaited 3000BC, sorry for all delays and problems and whatnot.

Skip this post, whoever is 3rd on list, play.
I dont want to have an unfair advantage.

Beorn-eL-Feared said:
What we could do is make it strict fast moving: no warriors, just horsing around. That way it might be difficult enough to be fun throughout.
The first post has been updated for clarity.

Last thing that went up was the strict fast moving rule, my bad; I guess I should have made it more of an official statement: nothing but horses. That, and since you overplayed it a bit, would you mind going over it again? Thanks.

Well, you see, what i did was, i built because, we have no horses present. Yeah, i got a lil greedy with turns, sorry. XD O well, hey someone pick up the original save, and do these turns, please move me to bottom. I dont think i should play these turns over because i know where things are, and what certain aspects could be. So skip and move to bottom plz thx.

I'll make an attempt. so, nothing but horses - naked settlers walking around without protection?

Yes, but no barbs so no worries :D

3000 enter. IT: Granary is built. We discover the Wheel. In tech I'm going for Horseback Riding...I don't know if this is best. We should have a monopoly on the Wheel, and the Horseback Riding.
2710 Settler is built.
2590 Golden Lands founded.

- this feels really hard not being able to build warriors. there's no units to scout with and even find horses.
- my settler is lucky he found a good location, but we have lots of good terrain around us.
- should we use a worker or two to scout around for horses and land?
- seems like the next settler should go NE,E,or SE.

GJ man, thats where i put the second city b4

lol, i just thought of something, what if in an extreme case we have 0 horses in our land?

Top Bottom