Background for A Brave New World

EQ, would it be logical for the Netherlands to start a small colony on Africa, near the Ivory Coast?

EQ, I know I said to upkeep the status quo, but what exactly is the status quo with Nova Scotia? I see the Whig Party is in control. Who's President? What's he like?

@Pinman: Yes, there is no call for him to abdicate in this timeline. Essentially his main goals now should be to establish stronger imperial control and to strengthen Brazil overall.

@sp1023: Regarding Africa, there is no reason why anyone cannot establish a colony in Africa. The whole continent might as well say "we can't govern ourselves as well as you can, come and grab a slice."

@LightFang: You can be creative with that, but in my own opinion, a leader of Nova Scotia at this point is looking at two objectives under the Whig Party:
1. Unification of New England under Nova Scotia.
2. Expansion out of North America into trade and perhaps even colonialism.

What would be the consequences of sponsoring most nations of Asia and putting them into a gigantic alliance with me, then having them destroy China?

I have no idea. I'm here to help with the present and past. I can't promise you anything in the future.

What would be the consequences of sponsoring most nations of Asia and putting them into a gigantic alliance with me, then having them destroy China?

The consequence would be that you'd get nuked by Britain way before you could attack China. 'Nuff said.

Why is Russia so interested in interfering in Dutch affairs?

@sp1023: keep this thread OOC, that's what its here for.

OOC: He's not interested he's just right... If you've been watching you'll see China and Britain are both in an alliance any aggresive movements against china would be met with British defiance... And theres no reason for the netherlands to turn on britain, it hasnt been that long since we were your only protestant friends, i'd be more worried about the catholics to be honest and their sudden decision to become best buddies :p.

We Catholics have nothing prepared for your scum-sucking Protestants. Honest!

Why attack us? Im sure we can divide the world nice and evenly, if you have to soak your swords in protestant blood i hear the netherlands have gone whacky :p

I didn't notice that the Steam Engine was only 3 IC. Silly me and my lack of meta-gamexxor skillz! Could my 1 IC be ret-conned to Steam Engine? :o

Wrong thread flyingchicken, and no it can't. On that note though, Steam Engine is not the only road to take and may not even be the best one. But time will tell.

OOC: He's not interested he's just right... If you've been watching you'll see China and Britain are both in an alliance any aggresive movements against china would be met with British defiance... And theres no reason for the netherlands to turn on britain, it hasnt been that long since we were your only protestant friends, i'd be more worried about the catholics to be honest and their sudden decision to become best buddies :p.

We simply resent that such a large market has been put under dominance under an already powerful country.

Hey, i'm wondering, what is the economic system in Sweden-Norway at this time? Also, I wikipedia'd it and saw that in the article it said Sweden-Norway was a constitutional monarchy, or did they switch to that at a later time and the article writer just forgot to point out that they weren't always a constitutional monarchy?

Hey, EQ!

When will the next elections for Nova Scotia be?

Also I've decided that the President of Nova Scotia is: Peregrine Maitland. Sure, he's a British soldier in OTL, but here he is just a Whig Party guy. :)

New Jersey: New Jersey was devastated by the fighting of the American War of Independence. Reliant on the United States to maintain its economy, the nation has struggled severely since the collapse. With few large cities of note, New Jersey is easily the poorest nation in North America.

Wow...didn't realize the motherland was this badly off.....this will have to be rectified in some manner.

Wow...didn't realize the motherland was this badly off.....this will have to be rectified in some manner.

I have an easy fix for you. New York shall annex you. Everyone is happy. :D

Nova Scotia's next election is in fact next update, 1831. The next one would be 1835.

I have an easy fix for you. New York shall annex you. Everyone is happy. :D
Like hell you will.

New Yorkers in my vassal, annexin mah protectorates!

Top Bottom