Bad News for Bush?

MobBoss said:
Oh really. So if the USA pulled out of the UN, it would magically become the answer to all the worlds ills?

Name me a UN operation that didnt include the USA that was a success. It aint going to happen.
Because the US refuses to be cosntrained by the UN, and has repeatedly and constantly thumbed its nose atinternational law, despite being a founding member, undermines and erodes any authority the UN might have had?

(Frankly, the main reason I care is because this is what leads to people like Mislosevic and Hussein geting of scot-free)

nonconformist said:
Because the US refuses to be cosntrained by the UN, and has repeatedly and constantly thumbed its nose atinternational law, despite being a founding member, undermines and erodes any authority the UN might have had?

(Frankly, the main reason I care is because this is what leads to people like Mislosevic and Hussein geting of scot-free)

Ah, bit of news for you old bean. Slobodan Milosevic didnt get away scot free. In fact...he recently died in prison. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slobodan_Milosevic

And I think your comment about Saddam getting away scot free a tad premature. I mean...didnt he just get the death penality? Is that scot-free?

MobBoss said:
Ah, bit of news for you old bean. Slobodan Milosevic didnt get away scot free. In fact...he recently died in prison. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slobodan_Milosevic

The judge sentenced him to dieing in prison before Milosevic got to present his defense and was convicted?

MobBoss said:
And I think your comment about Saddam getting away scot free a tad premature. I mean...didnt he just get the death penality? Is that scot-free?
We'll have to wait and see if Saddam will actually get the punishment he is deserved of.

Wow, I'm not even in the debate, but talk about an excerption out of context there. :lol:

That Iraq could not have WMD's is a given. Wheter or not these remains qualify as so is another question altogether - and oner that the brought up wiki link does not advance a single inch to solving...

Regards :).

Top Bottom