[Vanilla] Base Game Patch Notes (February 2018)

Someone on a German site reported that in his current game, the GA/GG bonuses didn't work at all. Worse, he said he can't use builder charges for Petra any longer. Can anyone confirm this?

Alert function works.

partially.. the unit does wake after being hit now. but that functionality should work no matter what the condition of your unit is placed in. as in should be part of the game to begin with.

as for waking from alert when an enemy unit is within your units view? no. that does not work. and hasn't worked since Australian update. which means that if you are trying to sustain a border to prevent enemy settlers from forward settling or blockade units that would otherwise coastal pillage you into a state of fury.. there is no way to do monitor that, without cycling through units. which by the way, is annoying af.

I can't for the life of me, understand how this bug has gone on for this long. units placed on ALERT, should AWAKEN, when ANY enemy unit, is within your units range of sight. when you play on larger type maps.. one could easily have to cycle through 10+ units to monitor potential border issues. that gets old quick.

all the best.

Moderator Action: Please mind your language and keep this a family friendly site, post edited --Noble Zarkon
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoops, there's Poland rightsy-theresy upsy-closey. No city-states sprinkled between us.

Attachments

• Civ6Screen0024.jpg
    Civ6Screen0024.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 418
There are some change in Cyrus ability? I heard about it somewhere, but I can't access my computer now and the patch notes are just for the Base Game.

My apostles now can choose from three available promotions. Can anyone check if you experience this too?

Last edited:
one thing i have noticed is that even though i disabled all the community mods, exited civ and restarted, if i went to start a new game using a presaved game type, the mods were enabled.

only when i started a new game by choosing all the settings, did it appear mods were disabled.

and i am also seeing the -1 unit support cost in the UI

and i am also seeing the -1 unit support cost in the UI
In the civilpedia they are the same as they have always been, so probably just a problem with the unit tooltips referencing an invalid or null value.

Pathing seems weird, the game can't show you that you can walk to a tile behind a unit, not under your control and I seem to have weird issues with trying to walk past units, but I know I once had a unit using the occupied tile to go somewhere, but a "stuck" scout in my territory was giving me problems and a lot of units couldn't walk through the tile.

Units seems to get "stuck", had a AI scout just standing in a really bad spot in my territory.

I played a bit with the new patch and everything seems really snappy. Best feeling version of the Vanilla game for sure. Just in time for the expansion :)

...And now say hello to Alexander. What's that, 8 squares? Huge map, with -2 civ's.

Attachments

• Civ6Screen0025.jpg
    Civ6Screen0025.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 302
...And now say hello to Alexander. What's that, 8 squares? Huge map, with -2 civ's.

I don't think different landmasses have the same rules for closeness.i.e. I know cities can be settled only two water tiles apart for instance instead of 3.

It looks like they're fixing stuffs comprehensively. While I'm still at work, can anybody help me check whether the following is fixed:

1) Spear of Fionn
Does unit that got this promotion now properly indicated in the UI? Previously it was unknown until you went to a combat and see the Spear of Fionn modifier active.

2) Bandar Brunei
Does Bandar Brunei still use Jakarta's old Monumen Nasional (Monas) icon or have they changed into something Bruneian?

Thank you! :)

Top Bottom