1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] BAT 4.1 installed but not functioning... PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - BTS Unaltered Gameplay (BUG, BAT and BULL)' started by Gl0bal1st, May 4, 2018.

1. Gl0bal1st

Gl0bal1st Chieftain

Computer Savvy CivFanatics,

I've recently bought a new gaming PC, and have just re-installed BTS. I've installed BAT 4.1 and it shows up in the load a mod menu in game, but when I actually go to play the mod isn't functioning.

I'm thinking this could be a Windows 10 issue as I've been googling and seen that Windows 10 does cause issues.

I also saw this thread and am feeling a little worried. I'm more than willing to supply any and all information that may help alleviate my problem but you'll have to specify what that may be.

Surely there must be a work around. I just recently decided to make the leap to Deity.

PLEASE HELP!! :cry:

2. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Superconductor Moderator

When you load BAT do you see the splash screen with the big BAT on it? You should also see a popup that shows the BAT version. Do you see those?

3. Gl0bal1st

Gl0bal1st Chieftain

Help has arrived!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

No, but occasionally I'll see the correct loading bar.

My problem goes deeper too, the game thinks my high-end gaming rig doesn't meet specs and sets to resolution and graphics to minimum. When I try to adjust these the game crashes to desktop. I don't suppose you're savvy enough to help there too?

I'm in contact with 2K at the moment aswell, I'm waiting to see what they say now that they have my dxdiag and MSInfo.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  4. s.bernbaum

s.bernbaum Mostly lurking

The reason that you are seeing the message about meeting minimum specs is that the game has a hard coded list of computer info about what meets minimum and what does not. However, that list is what was current at the time the game came out. Anything since then is not on the list and triggers the message. When the message is triggered, it also overrides your choices for resolution and graphics and sets them to minimum. To prevent this from happening, you need to disable the test for minimum specs, which you can do in the ini file.

Search for:

; Don't show minimum specification warnings
    HideMinSpecWarning = 0

Change the "0" to a "1". That will solve that problem.

As for the BAT/WIndows 10 problem, I will leave that to Lemon, since I am not a WIndows 10 user and she is the BAT author.

5. Gl0bal1st

Gl0bal1st Chieftain

Thanks for the interest s.bernbaum.

I've done that, I've also tried manually adjusting the screen size in the .ini file (didn't work) and it still crashes to desktop when I go to change it in game.

The "suggestion(s)" they refer to was me requesting a patch. I'm not holding my breath, does anyone know how good 2K are at following up on issues like this (particularly for older games)?

:cry:

6. Lemon Merchant

May I have some of your computer specs please?

I need:

Make and model of processor
    Make and model of graphics card
    How much RAM you have
    Version number of Windows 10

My high end gaming rig runs BTS on Windows 10 just fine. There be some weirdness going on...

7. Gl0bal1st

Gl0bal1st Chieftain

HOPE!! (edit: do you use the Steam version?)

My specs are:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
    16384MB RAM
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)

What do you say to this?

8. Gl0bal1st

Gl0bal1st Chieftain

UPDATE:

In my frustration I decided to download the game from GOG to see if that would make a difference, and I'm pleased to announce it does! Booted up the game and installed BAT first go. Weird!

Alright, my journey into deity can continue!
    :crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye:

Thanks anyway everyone!

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  9. Lemon Merchant

Glad you got it working. :)

10. danceswh

danceswh Chieftain

Did we ever figure out how to get civ4 working through steam, when the game thinks you have low minimum specs ?
    I have a decent pc which obviously should run civ4 with ease.
    On loading it sets the game to 1280*720, and everything else at 'low', due to your 'low spec', but when i increase the resolution to 1920*1080, it crashes.

EDIT
    Weird...i must have tried this 4 times and it crashed every time.
    After posting to this thread, i tried it for a fifth time, and it seems to have not crashed, and seems to be working
    The only thing i did differently in the options menu, was that i adjusted from the bottom of the menu first...changing the resolution to 1920*1080 was therefore the last thing i changed.
    Computers eh !?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020