Be a Superhero with TeamCFC. Help us perform miracles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
that sucks.. but theres plenty more avatars out there.. i have about 10 i'll never get to use cos im always falling for more faster than i swap!

This. But I'm afraid it's lost forever.:mad:

If you still have that as your background, the picture is stored on your harddrive. Bring up the Display Properties box, click the desktop tab, click Desktop Background, then click browse. Then follow this path in your drive to find your pic.

can anyone post all the links to like fast floding etc and i'll add thme to the first post.

no no, ive got that one.. the one that links to whos folding for us currently.

can you tell the system to only fold certain work groups (ie not the 20k ones)? If so, how?

dunno, ive been dumped on with 20k aswell... its going to take months to do!

Heh, I'm also working my way through a 20000 one. About three quarters of the way through. I had some nice easy 100's and 250s though, suppose I'm just making up for it.

can you tell the system to only fold certain work groups (ie not the 20k ones)? If so, how?

What do you mean by "the 20K ones"?

Cheers Alan, that exactly it :)

What do you mean by "the 20K ones"?

You get units of various sizes right? currently they are handing out 20000/20000 pointers rather than the usual sub 5k.

The thing is that my 20k frame units rarely take longer than the 500 frame ones. In terms of complexity they're about equal.

really? i thought frame = time goingto take aswell as points awarded...

Nope, the complexity of the frames vary quite a bit. Sometimes I get a 400 frame unit that takes 2 days to finish, sometimes I get a 20,000 frame unit that takes 2 days to finish. Apparently I don't get the big honkers that have a lot of complex frames, probably because my computer is too slow to finish it in good time..

so how are points worked out?

All I see in the Project Summary are units with 400 or 100 frames. I don't see anything with 20,000 frames. So I'm confused! Are you guys looking at a different list?

I have a work unit from GROMACS project 2126 running on my slow Mac currently. It will take 10 days at the rate it's going (100 frames at about 2.3 hours per frame), and it will be worth 373 points when it finishes. If you have a unit that will take a lot longer then it should be worth a lot more points.

so how are points worked out?

They find out how long a standard Pentium XYZ machine takes to process the work unit, and scale the points accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom