Because I'm lazy

dorkynorky

Warlord
Just started playing IV again after 8 years with V and VI. Does anyone have a link to a good thread on diplomacy? Or how about leader parameters that determine what they are going to concentrate on? I've spent 15 minutes trying to find something and while I've read some good stuff, none on what I want to find. So, since I really just want to play and yet not have to play 20 games to remember what different leaders are likely to do, I took the lazy way out and made a post to see if someone could help me.

Thanks, in advance.

Check the “know your enemy” article for peaceweights, which determine most of AI initial diplo, as well as most possible modifiers for all leaders.

Yep.."Know your Enemy" is in the sub-forum below this one. A group basically took the code and translated into a readable article on AI behaviors and attitudes. Much of it came from old code info put together in spreadsheets and tables. If you do a search on member Kossin and find any thread of his, you can find this info in his signature in a downloadable zip file. The KYE article is great, but the tables can be nice for comparison.

I'd find it myself but I'm lazy ;)

Hi, here is the link. DanF spreadsheet is great. The post is in S&T article "when AI want to trade maps". Also Post #2 in KYE has clickable links.

I'll add this post in my signature as a reference.

I packaged all the spreadsheets/adobe files I have accumulated from this forum in a rar.

Includes:
  • DaveMCW's Great People Preferences (html)
  • Attitude Declarations chart
  • Attitude Increases chart
  • Bastards Chart (from Warlords)
  • Deals Chart
  • PeaceWeights Chart
  • Tech trades Chart
  • DanF's complete AI XML values spreadsheet

EDIT: pixiejmcc has pointed out an explanation to the various variables in the XML values spreadsheet. Take a look by clicking here.

***I have not made any of these and I'm sorry I can't remember who made all of them individually, although I suspect DanF is responsible for a few.***

Thanks guys,

This is great stuff and just what I need. Its good to see there are so many people still willing to help out with IV and not even a single "get off your butt and find it yourself"!

Top Bottom