1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Because I'm lazy

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by dorkynorky, Sep 13, 2018.

1. dorkynorky

dorkynorky Chieftain

Just started playing IV again after 8 years with V and VI. Does anyone have a link to a good thread on diplomacy? Or how about leader parameters that determine what they are going to concentrate on? I've spent 15 minutes trying to find something and while I've read some good stuff, none on what I want to find. So, since I really just want to play and yet not have to play 20 games to remember what different leaders are likely to do, I took the lazy way out and made a post to see if someone could help me.

Thanks, in advance.

2. Undefeatable

Undefeatable Chieftain

Check the “know your enemy” article for peaceweights, which determine most of AI initial diplo, as well as most possible modifiers for all leaders.

3. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Hall of Fame Staff

Yep.."Know your Enemy" is in the sub-forum below this one. A group basically took the code and translated into a readable article on AI behaviors and attitudes. Much of it came from old code info put together in spreadsheets and tables. If you do a search on member Kossin and find any thread of his, you can find this info in his signature in a downloadable zip file. The KYE article is great, but the tables can be nice for comparison.

I'd find it myself but I'm lazy ;)

4. Major Tom

Major Tom Immortal Supporter

Hi, here is the link. DanF spreadsheet is great. The post is in S&T article "when AI want to trade maps". Also Post #2 in KYE has clickable links.

5. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

Here are the 2 most important files from Kossin's sig :)

Attached Files:

6. dorkynorky

dorkynorky Chieftain

Thanks guys,

This is great stuff and just what I need. Its good to see there are so many people still willing to help out with IV and not even a single "get off your butt and find it yourself"!

Gumbolt and sampsa like this.