[BELOW MIN SPECS] Font Issues / weird text (mostly Intel GMA 965)

Bufo

Chieftain
Hello,
I am having font issues with my copy of Civ 5 on steam, i.e. the fonts are all scrambled. Anyone else in the same camp / got a fix?

Edit: Yes, I should have posted specs, but that's rather moot as it turns out I misread some of the specs and cannot run the game period. Thanks anyway.

Attached my DxDiag and a picture of the options menu. The text is garbled in game as well.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    46.2 KB · Views: 785
  • garbled.JPG
    garbled.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 4,646
atrepeatrepe: You don't meet the minimum requirements by miles, sorry :(.

alexdodo: Somehow the same case. Civ5 might use functions, which one not optimal in or not supported by Crossover, sorry, there can't be done anything about it.

I've got the same issue do you think it's somthing that will be fixed with a patch?

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    39.9 KB · Views: 571
Actually I found a way to fix it I loaded it as direct x 10 and 11 and the text was perfectly readable on the demo. Lets see if it works on the full version.

I'm getting this same problem. I managed to click my way into the game, and it works perfectly fine, but the font is near unreadable. Here's my specs.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    38.4 KB · Views: 518
All of the in-game text (at the menu and in the actual game-play) is just a bunch of gibberish. Most of the letters have been replaced with weird symbols while other letters remained unchanged! I use vista OS.

well these are my specs basically. i run on vista...

Memory:3 GB
Graphics Processor: integrated nVidia GeForce 9400M G graphics

Attachments

• civ 5 error.jpg
    civ 5 error.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 1,257
I can confirm that running in DX10/11 mode works, even when the computer is below specs. Running on an old dual core tablet with 1 GB RAM. Fonts scrambled in DX9 but fine in DX10/11.

Put all graphics settings to low, and looks pretty crap, but it does run.

Had a nice quad core machine with 8 GB of RAM arrive Monday, only to be DOA. Probably be a month before I get it all straightened out. :(

ya same here, when i try running it on dx 10/11, windows tells me there's a problem and shuts down.

Top Bottom