Best possible Swedish situation

Petiscator

King
Hey guys! First of all, merry xmas! :)

Now back to the thread: I'm sorry if I'm at the wrong section or if this is a spammy thread, but I was thinking of something that I'd like to share with you guys...

We know that Sweden gets +10% bonus to GP generation when it DOFs. We also know that Sweden gives +10% bonus to GP generation to their buddy. Then, there is this situation: what if we found a really big map, put it on 22 civs, all of them Sweden, and play an OCC? Think about it, you +21 Gustavus Adolphus, on an OCC. As you have only one city, it would be quite hard to bother the AIs. With this, let's say we make a DOF with ALL of the Gustavuses. That would give us 210% bonus to GP! BUT, here is the icing on the cake: they would give us 10% as well, so in the end, we would get an ABSURD 420% BONUS GP?! Add a National Epic, a Garden, the Leaning Tower of Pisa and the freedom opener that it jumps to an incredible 520%. Madness.

Anybody willing to try it out? Seems like an interesting game, doesn't it? Hehe. :D

That would be very interesting. The most I've had was as Babylon playing MP with my friend as Sweden. I ended up with 170% increase to GS production (+50% for Babylon, +25% for National Epic, +25% for a garden, +25% for Freedom, and %10 for being friends with Sweden). I had so many academies...

Right? :)

This should really be tested. I'll play an OCC as them tomorrow morning, maybe after my Byzantine science combo game. Won't do it now cause it is 2 in the morning here... But come on, 520% seems WAY too much. :D

if you play sweden, there is a cap at 50% or 5 DoFs for the GP generation bonus. i dont know about the other, "incoming" bonus provided by the other Gustavs though. 210% might be possible here

Wasn't aware of the 50% limit. Of course, Civilopedia says nothing about it. :(

Is that a conclusion from your observation of game play, or is it documented elsewhere?

i'm pretty sure i've read it ingame, but now that you mention it i cant find it anywhere though. cries out for a test

I wasn't aware of that... I'll try it out soon. It would be quite nice if it really worked :(

Ok guys, I tried it out, and it doesn't work like any of us have thought.

I started the game, yadda yadda, and around turn 50, the DOFs started happening. I had found 16 of the 21 civs, and after the first DOF I got disappointed. I befriended the Byzantine Sweden and only got 10%. Apparently, they don't give 10% bonus to GP to other Swedens. That sucks, as it should happen like with any other civ. So, each DOF was granting only 10% and not 20%, as we expected. About the 50% limit, it doesn't happen: I got friends with 6 of them (the Byzantine Sweden, the Polynesian Sweden, the Ottoman Sweden, the Carthaginian Sweden, the Spanish Sweden and the Mayan Sweden) and was getting 60%, even though I hoped for 120%.

Is this a bug or a balance reason? I mean, 520% sounds quite overpowered, but it should work! If the Swedes give 10% and earn 10%, two Swedes could get 20% in a single DOF. Although it doesn't work as I expected, it is still possible to get 310% (21 buddies + leaning tower + freedom opener + garden + national epic). So, that's it. It works effectively, but not as effectively as we thought. :(

That sucks, it could lead into a really nice situation. I kept playing that game, and was at 140% bonus. It worked fairly nice, now Sweden is a top choice for me in an OCC, but it could be even better...

Instead of OCC, you could also make it an islands map. Staying on your island usually doesn't anger anyone either.

i can't figure out where on earth i've read about that 50% limit, but i'm glad that it doesn't actually exist. now that i know that there is no cap, i will play some OCC with sweden as well

It's definitely not a bug, since the extra logic for "if the other guy is Sweden too" wouldn't be in there unless the devs decided it should not work like that. The only time there would be more than one of the same civ in a game would be a scenario or some kind of "Hey what if..." situation like this one you created.

Yeah, they probably coded it for +10% per friendships and not any other variables on that... Still, it would be nice :)

Top Bottom