Best YouTube playthroughs?

Can you change the resolution manually? I think youtube automatically adjusts the resolution and the algorithm might be off or something

Strongly disagree.

I find it very hard to actually watch the video because the music is way too disturbing :(

I listend through the video completely and just do so again, and I adjusted every track in single and also raised the loudness of the audio-commentary where it was not loud enough. I therefor can definately tell, that the loudness of the audio-commentary is absolutely ok, it's very well adjusted, and the source that permits some players not hearing me well, most probably is the sound-system of those players. I think this is really the truth, because what's somewhat a little uncommon about the video, is, that I recorded it in Stereo and not 5.1. Therefor, if you run a 5.1 soundsystem, values could change, so do me a favour and try setting your speakers to stereo before viewing the video.

If this doesn't fix the game, I somehow have to find another way to make pangaea and others be able to understand me.

I only have a stereo sound system here, though calling it a "sound system" is being kind :D The issue is more the music itself, and that the fact there is music on, and not a very subtle music or low volume music, makes watching the video and focusing on what is said difficult.

I genuinely don't get why people add or play music in their playthrough, at least for games like this (suppose it would be different for action games and such, though not much tbf). I sometimes find it disturbing in AZ's videos too, and he only uses the game's music. It's simply better if there was none, because then the viewers can focus solely on the game and what the commentator is saying.

I'm not intending to be harsh or anything here, because otherwise the video is great, but the music does make watching it a lot more difficult.

I listend through the video completely and just do so again, and I adjusted every track in single and also raised the loudness of the audio-commentary where it was not loud enough. I therefor can definately tell, that the loudness of the audio-commentary is absolutely ok
The problem is not all of us are young things, have perfect hearing or a great sound system. I am nearly 50 years old and have some hearing issues and really struggle to make out what you are saying over the music.

Would it be possible to upload a version without the music? Totally understand why you see it as important but if your goal is for as many people as possible to listen to your videos and learn how to win at Deity then I think you should seriously consider this.

Thanks for all your efforts, they have made me a better player.

Strongly disagree.

I find it very hard to actually watch the video because the music is way too disturbing :(
Just watched a couple seconds of Part 2 and thought the music was really gentle :dunno:

I think the music issue might be about more than the volume. Haven't had time to watch the video myself yet, but I know that I, as opposed to most people I know, can't have background music playing if I'm trying to concentrate on something like reading or writing. If there is music that is in any way interesting, my mind starts to focus on that instead of the other task at hand. Sometimes even at the movies I find I'm missing the plot because I'm so focused on the music... So yeah, I can relate to those saying that there is no need for music in videos like these.

I will definitely watch this series though, music or not. Seems like a very interesting game!

I'll upload a no-music version of the video.

Thanks a lot :)

Both elitetroops and NobleZarkon make good points too. Don't think my hearing is greatly affected by it for more "normal" stuff like this, but I do have tinnitus (a relatively mild form, but still).

I believe I just came up with something brilliant.

Just in very short:

Video got recorded with multiple sound-levels.
Users have problems hearing what I say:

Install K-Lite Codec Pack
Alternative: Use Google Chrome
Other Alternative: Use a tool to track down broken Codecs and replace them by healthy ones

Reason: Codecs are the most common source of errors in video playback. The issue that's caused for some of the players might just be that the 1st sound layer (the Music) simply gets played back too loud, while the 2nd sound layer (the Audio-Commentary) get's played back too suttle.

Even older sound-systems are very well capable of giving back sound properly usually, therefor the problem by high chance is a software issue that can be fixed easily. Codecs are the most common source of Video playback problems, so assuming that them is causing the issues is only logical.

So:

1. Delete all Codecs from your System
2. Clean your System by using a Tool like CCCleaner
3. Install K-Lite Codec pack (or any other fully functional codec-pack of your choice)

(easiest way, also see other possibilities)

:eek: :blush: :hide:

-------------

This post doesn't affect the me releasing a non-Music version of the video because of 2 reasons, which are to help people, and offering people choices is imo generally the better way.

This post doesn't affect the me releasing a non-Music version of the video because of 2 reasons, which are to help people, and offering people choices is imo generally the better way.
Thanks - much appreciated, I do use Chrome for YouTube etc as I generally find it a much better experience.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

I really love those posts of cseanny, now the 3rd time that I have to lard harshly, seriously, thx mate. I like the picture of the ocean waves very much, it's actually exactly how I like to feel, only getting to the beach is so complicated...

But regardless:

The video shows the type of GP that we get in the end, and, there's also a specific thread towards Replay #9 in the HoF forums cseanny so would you maybe... ;)

I'm really enjoying this series serial :), learning lots, i'm currently trying to get back into civ again after a bit of a break and this will help alot :) looking forward to the rest of the game!

I'll upload a no-music version of the video.

Fantastic! A lot of players have high frequency hearing loss which makes voice sounds very hard to discern without background sounds drowning out the already hard to hear consonant sounds; it can be nearly for such players to understand a solo voice no matter how low the music volume is made.

Thanks for going through all the effort of producing this video. I'll comment more in its HoF thread once I've had a chance to watch it.

Sun Tzu Wu

These videos seem to be pretty damn nice. I'm sure I'll learn a lot from them. Great production quality, too.

The sound level of both your speech and the music are just fine for me and everything's clear. Due to your tone of voice, your rhythm of speaking and the relaxing background music the videos could make someone fall asleep though, if watched late at night. :)

I've readed trough the entire thread and can't find any walktrough for beginners, I mean that teach you the very basics of the game and a very low level like settler or noble max.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk

I've readed trough the entire thread and can't find any walktrough for beginners, I mean that teach you the very basics of the game and a very low level like settler or noble max.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=5EBFD9F46C4E11B6

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL62E77EB66DBE2145

These were recommended elsewhere in the forum, though I found them so long-winded that I didn't make it make it past the first couple of video.

Top Bottom