BETA: 1.25

hey x,
ok got first glimpse on 125,
look so clean and sweet.

i was amazed by the shares and the corporations man (didnt played previous version), really incredible idea.

one thing i noticed is that in window mod (which i play on)
all in game advisor and pedia were off the screen scale.

more to come.

Great news!
While the Beta is downloading, my traditional take on the capitals (it won't be easy for Scythians):

Tigranes - Artashat
Ashot - Bagaran
Tomyris - Massagetae
Ateas - Kamianka-Dniprovska
Pilsudski - Warsaw
Mandela - Pretoria

hey x,
ok got first glimpse on 125,
look so clean and sweet.

i was amazed by the shares and the corporations man (didnt played previous version), really incredible idea.

Thanks! I'm pretty proud of how it turned out.

one thing i noticed is that in window mod (which i play on)
all in game advisor and pedia were off the screen scale.

Hmm. I play in window mode sometimes and haven't experienced that issue. What resolution is your screen and what resolution is civ running at? Could you post a screenshot?

Great news!
While the Beta is downloading, my traditional take on the capitals (it won't be easy for Scythians):

Tigranes - Artashat
Ashot - Bagaran
Tomyris - Massagetae
Ateas - Kamianka-Dniprovska
Pilsudski - Warsaw
Mandela - Pretoria

These are what I've chosen, though I've used different forms for the Scythian capitals (Masgut and Kamenka). The Scythian city list will probably end up being a mixture of settlement and tribal names.

I tried another fresh start and can't get past CE-0175.

I can reproduce the freeze from your saves, currently trying to solve it.

Thanks. This is a fantastic mod and hope to be able to go forward with the update. So much work has gone into it, it's a thing of beauty!!

Solved the freeze issue. Was due to a silly error in the Corporation spread code. Fix attached, unzip and replace the file of the same name in /History Rewritten/Assets/Python/ and you should now be able to to continue your games.

Attachments

• HR_Organizations.py.zip
    8.7 KB · Views: 134
OK. Good going! I did finish it with your changes. Interesting expansion and Digital Age music. I was surprised by it all. There is another fix needed. The UN vote. Lots of things to vote on and the number of required votes was there but no text where the resolutions are usually itemized. All the buttons were there to vote. The NONE button on the bottom was there so it is easy to dismiss the screen.
Thanks for keeping up with this!

Looking forward to playing the Beta! I added the HR_Orgnaizations.py before posting this so I think I ran into a different bug. My game keeps crashing 3 turns after this save. I tried to get the crash report but it's not letting me, so here is the save file.

Attachments

• Crashes_In_3_Turns.CivBeyondSwordSave
    126.3 KB · Views: 160
There is another fix needed. The UN vote. Lots of things to vote on and the number of required votes was there but no text where the resolutions are usually itemized. All the buttons were there to vote. The NONE button on the bottom was there so it is easy to dismiss the screen.

The UN will be a bit of a mess on the Mac at the moment. All those new votes aren't meant to show up as they're only functional on Windows. I'm still figuring out the best way to hide them, but didn't want to delay the beta any longer. If you could provide some saved games and screenshots though, that would be a great help.

Looking forward to playing the Beta! I added the HR_Orgnaizations.py before posting this so I think I ran into a different bug. My game keeps crashing 3 turns after this save. I tried to get the crash report but it's not letting me, so here is the save file.

That saved game doesn't crash for me at all. Can you post one from the turn immediately before? Maybe you're doing something in those couple of turns that I'm not.

That saved game doesn't crash for me at all. Can you post one from the turn immediately before? Maybe you're doing something in those couple of turns that I'm not.
Crashes next turn, I'll try to get the crash report to work

Attachments

• Crashes_Next_Turn.CivBeyondSwordSave
    127.9 KB · Views: 154
Was due to a silly error in the Corporation spread code.
Btw, near that place you fixed there is a fragment of code that modifies appeal based on distance. I'm pretty sure that there is logical error in it's conditions, since it only applies penalty to appeal if city is connected to HQ by trade network and doesn't have airport, which makes no sense to me (probably it was meant to check if city is not connected?).

Hi Xyth, great news!

I've just tried the 1.25, for very few time, but I've got crashes to desktop on the 3 games I've started. Here the saved games, the crashes happens to me just on the next turn. I'm playing on Windows.

I liked so much the new music for some leaders. Also some graphic minor changes.

I also noticed that on the custom game menu, the option "No technology brokering" is automatically selected, is it intended?

Attachments

• Javanese.CivBeyondSwordSave
    95.9 KB · Views: 143
  • Mayan.CivBeyondSwordSave
    144.4 KB · Views: 149
  • Polynesian.CivBeyondSwordSave
    199.2 KB · Views: 113
Crashes next turn, I'll try to get the crash report to work

Hi Xyth, great news!

I've just tried the 1.25, for very few time, but I've got crashes to desktop on the 3 games I've started. Here the saved games, the crashes happens to me just on the next turn. I'm playing on Windows.

None of these saves crash for me on my main Windows setup but they all do on another. Investigating.

I liked so much the new music for some leaders. Also some graphic minor changes.

Cheers. New music was provided by @IanMusic, it's really great. I'd been playing with the music muted for years, but not anymore.

I also noticed that on the custom game menu, the option "No technology brokering" is automatically selected, is it intended?

No.

Btw, near that place you fixed there is a fragment of code that modifies appeal based on distance. I'm pretty sure that there is logical error in it's conditions, since it only applies penalty to appeal if city is connected to HQ by trade network and doesn't have airport, which makes no sense to me (probably it was meant to check if city is not connected?).

Hmm, yes. Will review.

i wonder, how to you find the source of the error? (ive started to learn some python).

I'll usually add 'print' commands in strategic locations then look at the output in PythonDbg.log. Narrows down where the problem is occurring.

None of these saves crash for me on my main Windows setup but they all do on another. Investigating

I've started a couple of games and again I've got crashes. I don't know if it's relevant or meaningful info, but I've noticed all my crashes happens in very early game, between turns 50 and 75 on saga game speed.

OK. Good going! I did finish it with your changes. Interesting expansion and Digital Age music. I was surprised by it all. There is another fix needed. The UN vote. Lots of things to vote on and the number of required votes was there but no text where the resolutions are usually itemized. All the buttons were there to vote. The NONE button on the bottom was there so it is easy to dismiss the screen.
Thanks for keeping up with this!

---->More info. There were 27 buttons for voting. One did have text in it that said something about obsolete fur. Attached is a zip you requested with a screenshot of the first and last voting pages and a saved game. The vote will pop up on the next turn. Thanks!! (Beta is Beta)

Attachments

• UNvote.zip
    340.4 KB · Views: 136
Top Bottom