BETA TEST: 1.24b4

It's in the Assets directory.

I've replaced the file in the Beyond the sword/Assets directory and I'm still having the issue with the unit upkeep. Is it right having the file in the Beyond the Sword folder? There is another Assets folder in the main Civilization IV folder.

(on a Windows, of course)

Last edited:
I've replaced the file in the Beyond the sword/Assets directory and I'm still having the issue with the unit upkeep. Is it right having the file in the Beyond the Sword folder? There is another Assets folder in the main Civilization IV folder.

(on a Windows, of course)

Ah sorry, in /History Rewritten/Assets/. All mod changes are within that mod's folder, never outside.

hey xyth, much recommend you update to the new 1.45 kmod by the very own karadoc. he fixed many issues (work boats hint hint).

keep up with this great mod.

Downloaded, will start merging it today.

Hello me again.
i dint know why but mi new saved game dint loading.
I play it one day until i decide to save, and when i want days later continue the game display some message (maybe something not something) and imidietly close. I dint manage to screen shot it.
The game was supposed full updated 24b3+U. cost fix

Maybe its bug or something mes up on my side, but i posting the save anyway.
https://mega.nz/#!dB1ETSAS!aHIUE3iMytN0J8Khx0DyW277psVjv3IJV2_KnVAZv9A

Attachments

• Aztec.CivBeyondSwordSave
    445.8 KB · Views: 119
Hello me again.
i dint know why but mi new saved game dint loading.
I play it one day until i decide to save, and when i want days later continue the game display some message (maybe something not something) and imidietly close. I dint manage to screen shot it.
The game was supposed full updated 24b3+U. cost fix

Maybe its bug or something mes up on my side, but i posting the save anyway.
https://mega.nz/#!dB1ETSAS!aHIUE3iMytN0J8Khx0DyW277psVjv3IJV2_KnVAZv9A

The save game loads fine for me.

Ah yes, it's trying to check a tech requirement that no longer exists. Shall fix.[/QUOTE]

It's not just that temples don't spread automatically with Prosyletism, you cannot even manually build a temple of your own religion, though you can build temples of other religions in your cities. Is this fix coming as a patch or post-Beta?

not just that temples don't spread automatically with Prosyletism, you cannot even manually build a temple of your own religion, though you can build temples of other religions in your cities.

Strange. The Proselytism bug shouldn't be causing that. I've just done a quick test and I'm able to build state religion temples just fine.

Is this fix coming as a patch or post-Beta?

I can't post it as a file substitution because other changes in that file will throw errors. If you want to apply the fix yourself, search CvEventManager.py for the following:

Code:
    ### Tenets - Free Temple
        if pPlayer.isCivic(HR_Religion.Tenets().StateReligionSpreadTemple):
            if pPlayer.getStateReligion() == iReligion:
                iTemple = HR_Religion.getReligionTemple(iReligion)
                iTech = gc.getSpecialBuildingInfo(gc.getInfoTypeForString('SPECIALBUILDING_TEMPLE')).getTechPrereq()
                if iTech > -1:
                    if gc.getTeam(pPlayer.getTeam()).isHasTech(iTech):
                        pCity.setNumRealBuilding(iTemple, 1)
                        self.onBuildingBuilt((pCity, iTemple))
        ###

And replace it with:

Code:
    ### Tenets - Free Temple
        if pPlayer.isCivic(HR_Religion.Tenets().StateReligionSpreadTemple):
            if pPlayer.getStateReligion() == iReligion:
                iTemple = HR_Religion.getReligionTemple(iReligion)
                pCity.setNumRealBuilding(iTemple, 1)
                self.onBuildingBuilt((pCity, iTemple))
        ###

Be sure to preserve the correct indentation or you'll get errors.

Strange. The Proselytism bug shouldn't be causing that. I've just done a quick test and I'm able to build state religion temples just fine.

I've got two games in which I cannot build them. Or, to be precise, you can choose to build them, but once "built" they do not actually appear. And thanks for the code/repair but that is way beyond my pay grade. I will await whatever future version solves this issue.

My traditional suggestions for capitals:
  • Odudawa - Ife (isn't it Oduduwa?)
  • Ewuare - Edo
  • Aminatu - Zazzau
  • Obasanjo - Abuja (a leader who is still alive?)
  • Atlatl Cauac - Teotihuacan
  • Juárez - Mexico City
  • Aelfred - Winchester

I've got two games in which I cannot build them. Or, to be precise, you can choose to build them, but once "built" they do not actually appear.

Hmm. I will investigate further. What state religion(s) did you have, and which tenets?

And thanks for the code/repair but that is way beyond my pay grade. I will await whatever future version solves this issue.

No worries. I'll release a 4th beta later this week hopefully, which will include all fixes so far, as well as K-Mod 1.45, share trading, and syndicates. This will be the final beta before release.

My traditional suggestions for capitals:
  • Odudawa - Ife (isn't it Oduduwa?)
  • Ewuare - Edo
  • Aminatu - Zazzau
  • Obasanjo - Abuja (a leader who is still alive?)
  • Atlatl Cauac - Teotihuacan
  • Juárez - Mexico City
  • Aelfred - Winchester

Same as what I've chosen. Though I think in beta3 Ewuare's capital is still called Benin. I've subsequently changed it to Edo. Oduduwa will found it as Ubinu, and the other leaders will found it as Benin.

(isn't it Oduduwa?)

It is. I've spelled it wrong in the change list, but not in game.

(a leader who is still alive?)

I couldn't find anyone more representative of Nigeria as a nation-state that also suited the art. However, I recently learned about Obafemi Awololo, who may be a better choice despite never becoming President. He definitely suits the art. What do you think?

I couldn't find anyone more representative of Nigeria as a nation-state that also suited the art. However, I recently learned about Obafemi Awololo, who may be a better choice despite never becoming President. He definitely suits the art. What do you think?
That's a difficult question but personally I think I'd prefer an alive ex-leader to a non-leader. Exceptions for non-leaders should happen only if they're really justified (Richelieu, Gandhi).

Okay, this is a bit of a laundry list, and I suspect many of the things on it are already on Xyth's to-do list, but I thought I should push to get it out *before* the next beta.

First, the Civilopedia. The Corporation Concepts page hasn't been updated, and the Syndicates page is still blank. Also, the Tips entry about Corporations and civics still refers to Industrialism and Free Market increasing Corporation production and commerce, respectively. (All this probably falls under the category of 'final polish' at the end of the beta process, but I figured it was worth mentioning anyway, just in case.)

Next, the Info Screen (F11). On the Top Cities/Wonders page, the date column for when wonders were built is too narrow (it expects a two letter suffix, so the change from BC to BCE is throwing it off). Also, the letter suffixes themselves are wrong, using an X instead of a B for the first letter (the subsequent letters not being visible due to the previously mentioned column width issue). And on the Statistics page, the only units and buildings displayed are the Settler and Palace, respectively.

On the revamped Espionage Advisor, you can see research (possibly others as well, unconfirmed) slightly before you reach the listed EP threshold.

Corporations do not currently appear to incur any unhappiness while *not* running the Social Welfare civic.

On rebelling cities turning Barbarian, the barbs do not inherit any of the city's culture as I believe they used to. (My memory may be mistaken, or this may be a deliberate change, but I don't recall seeing it in the patch notes if so.)

Religious Shrines are *not* counted on the City Screen World Wonder counter (though they *are* counted as such on the Domestic Advisor and properly prevent construction of Wonders over the current cap).

On a related note, after playing under the currently World Wonder cap rate of 1-2-3-4-5-6, I would strongly urge the adoption of the rate 0-1-2-4-6-8 as discussed on the 3rd page of the previous Beta thread. Among other things, this would prevent AIs that start with the relevant tech from crippling themselves by starting Stonehenge on turn 1.

Now, on to actual error messages:

Memory Error
File "HR_Religion", line 627, in increaseFaithThreshold
File "HR_Religion", line 435, in setFaith
File "HR_Religion", line 417, in doFaith
File "CvEventManager", line 637, in onEndPlayerTurn
File "BugEventManager", line 340, in _handleDefaultEvent

I got this two separate times. I think it was when someone founded a second religion, but not consistently.

"Could not find string AS2D_BUILD_MARKET of TagId 3"

Only got this one once, so I'm not sure what caused it. It was a few turns after I got Currency, but it never repeated. Also, it was just a line on the event log without a Python Exception popup.

Okay, this is a bit of a laundry list, and I suspect many of the things on it are already on Xyth's to-do list, but I thought I should push to get it out *before* the next beta.

Much appreciated!

First, the Civilopedia. The Corporation Concepts page hasn't been updated, and the Syndicates page is still blank. Also, the Tips entry about Corporations and civics still refers to Industrialism and Free Market increasing Corporation production and commerce, respectively. (All this probably falls under the category of 'final polish' at the end of the beta process, but I figured it was worth mentioning anyway, just in case.)

Yeah, I'll be (re)writing both those pages once I've got Corporation/Syndicate mechanics finalized. It's the most complex AI coding I've ever done and I keep modifying my design as I go.

Next, the Info Screen (F11). On the Top Cities/Wonders page, the date column for when wonders were built is too narrow (it expects a two letter suffix, so the change from BC to BCE is throwing it off). Also, the letter suffixes themselves are wrong, using an X instead of a B for the first letter (the subsequent letters not being visible due to the previously mentioned column width issue). And on the Statistics page, the only units and buildings displayed are the Settler and Palace, respectively.

I've been ignoring issues with that screen since I intend to give it an overhaul sometime after 1.24. Same with the Foreign Advisor. I may have a look at the Statistics page though, since that's quite a significant problem. After beta4 is out though.

On the revamped Espionage Advisor, you can see research (possibly others as well, unconfirmed) slightly before you reach the listed EP threshold.

Yeah, the calculations don't quite match somehow. Recent version of K-Mod made adjustments that supposedly fix this, but I've not tried to replicate them for my espionage screen yet. Will do.

Corporations do not currently appear to incur any unhappiness while *not* running the Social Welfare civic.

Investigating.

On rebelling cities turning Barbarian, the barbs do not inherit any of the city's culture as I believe they used to. (My memory may be mistaken, or this may be a deliberate change, but I don't recall seeing it in the patch notes if so.)

Not quite sure what you mean by this. Are you referring to cultural progress or ethnicity? Or both?

Religious Shrines are *not* counted on the City Screen World Wonder counter (though they *are* counted as such on the Domestic Advisor and properly prevent construction of Wonders over the current cap).

Fixed for next beta, cheers.

On a related note, after playing under the currently World Wonder cap rate of 1-2-3-4-5-6, I would strongly urge the adoption of the rate 0-1-2-4-6-8 as discussed on the 3rd page of the previous Beta thread. Among other things, this would prevent AIs that start with the relevant tech from crippling themselves by starting Stonehenge on turn 1.

Oh I forgot about that. Adjusted for beta4. Added a tooltip as well.

Memory Error
File "HR_Religion", line 627, in increaseFaithThreshold
File "HR_Religion", line 435, in setFaith
File "HR_Religion", line 417, in doFaith
File "CvEventManager", line 637, in onEndPlayerTurn
File "BugEventManager", line 340, in _handleDefaultEvent

I got this two separate times. I think it was when someone founded a second religion, but not consistently.

I've seen that error in 1.23 as well and I couldn't figure out why it was happening. I should take another look.

"Could not find string AS2D_BUILD_MARKET of TagId 3"

Only got this one once, so I'm not sure what caused it. It was a few turns after I got Currency, but it never repeated. Also, it was just a line on the event log without a Python Exception popup.

Ah, good catch. It will occur whenever someone constructs a Weaver. Fixed for next beta.

Last edited:
Not quite sure what you mean by this. Are you referring to cultural progress or ethnicity? Or both?
Either/both, as far as I could tell. I saw at least one AI city with fairly good culture (multiple border expansions) have only the inner ring of tiles available and 0% Barbarian ethnicity after rebelling.

Hi after i apply that free shrine code fix i got a problem where i completely lost mi in-game interface. Start menu go but not civilopedia. After creating new game i look on map without any interface. No mini maps, no buttons, only game map whit my settler. F# not working, Alt+W to. Only game menu works.
I fix it by reinstalling mod. (Delete, unpack)
So if someone else meets this (inter NO face) problem i fix it this way.

Some game exp by testing B3: (medium, Lake, no wraping, slower that normal, no tech trade, agresive AI, unrestricted leaders, bersekering barbarians. (Win7 64x))

+I found 2 same leaders (Gilgames) on two separatly empires. One generated on start, one from rebelion. Both allive on same time.

About unit cost:
+I still think there is some fishy, because in my game (i have 100% commerce taint) must have constantly hame most mi cities on commerce.
When mi expedition force wallk out from home i look on empire maintenance screen whit unbelieving face.
Without that 100% commerce production in all mi cities when military units produce only capital i will be meet the guillotine pretty fast.

Currently i vasaled half of the globe population. But once it has been a great empire 15cities whit top science, military, 2/3 of all wonders, but in some point constantly start falling into rebellion. Now have it 2-3 cities because its not capable holding more.
Even the rebelled empires constantly failing into rebellion when number of the cities increase.
One start right away when i decide to join another vassal to family.

-So on prince difficulty i somehow see that its dint mater how far the cities are once the dissent interrupt into civil war its going worse and worse to rollercoaster of rebellion that AI cannot handle.
-I manage to pull any trick and breaks that i know but they failing miserably and i currently dint have opponent and game is practically wined, because they empires fall apart and they arent capable of restore power, or its only temporable.
-They put some breaks as razing cities whit wonders or not retake city turned into barbarians.

-Maybe the Ai cannot handle it.
-Maybe i doom then all by deny tech trade.
-Or its because manny civs perish shortly after start from barbarian rage. I myself put all 5 warriors loyal to tribe defend my only city against 10+ barbarians wariors. Because they still keep coning. Mostly dint atack the city but walking around provoke. So i must mostly use my force on ofense to decrase they numbers and finally eliminate them. Tats was weird.
-But as i see on this game seting there was more this moving parties on the map. Not attacking when they ods are low. only walking around, or pillaging.

+can warriors/archers (Not owned by barbarians only by civs) receive "Anti-barbarian promotion"? (Like +25% against barbarians and another +25% against them in border)
+Arent animals hunting something not worthy of effort? Its look like to low profit from it. Range to short.

-So can have AI some emergency break? Like put spy point production as to lower tech requirements like martial law? (But waiting tyme for next build)
+Have constabulary (ehm? PD station?) dissent decrease effect? Its not show in descrip pop up inside city buldings list, only on Civilopedia or Tech page?

+Another thing: Saltpeter: i have bad feeling from this resource request.

-Well game was originally fun, when i escaping the cold defeat by masterly using my loyalist force of unity. THX all for you hard work.

+...but are the diplomacy aspect of the game still editable?
I really hope, thinking about, that there will be something for counting valuable of "trade offer/request" in way when AI ask for giving tech it will remember that value (decreasing compare to new tech progress) then i ask for trade it will have effect on trading value math.
Something like "i owe you" or "Liabilities to you?" Or "you owe me"

Hi after i apply that free shrine code fix i got a problem where i completely lost mi in-game interface. Start menu go but not civilopedia. After creating new game i look on map without any interface. No mini maps, no buttons, only game map whit my settler. F# not working, Alt+W to. Only game menu works.

I've had the same problem on my Windows. But the code fix worked fine on my Mac.

Either/both, as far as I could tell. I saw at least one AI city with fairly good culture (multiple border expansions) have only the inner ring of tiles available and 0% Barbarian ethnicity after rebelling.

Cities that secede to the Barbarians don't transfer culture like they do if they secede to a new civ. This is so it's not too detrimental to the original civ if recaptured.

I fix it by reinstalling mod. (Delete, unpack)
So if someone else meets this (inter NO face) problem i fix it this way.

I've had the same problem on my Windows. But the code fix worked fine on my Mac.

Missing interface means something critical went wrong with Python early in the launch game process. Most probably the indentations didn't get transferred correctly when pasting Into whatever text editor you used to edit the file. Some convert tabs to spaces automatically and Python is very fussy about that.

+I found 2 same leaders (Gilgames) on two separatly empires. One generated on start, one from rebelion. Both allive on same time.

That'll be due to the unrestricted leader option. Not something I considered, easy enough to fix though.

About unit cost:
+I still think there is some fishy, because in my game (i have 100% commerce taint) must have constantly hame most mi cities on commerce.
When mi expedition force wallk out from home i look on empire maintenance screen whit unbelieving face.
Without that 100% commerce production in all mi cities when military units produce only capital i will be meet the guillotine pretty fast.

Did you start a new game after installing the updated DLL? Unit upkeep is stored in the saved game file, so the incorrect values would have been kept if you continued the same game.

Currently i vasaled half of the globe population. But once it has been a great empire 15cities whit top science, military, 2/3 of all wonders, but in some point constantly start falling into rebellion. Now have it 2-3 cities because its not capable holding more.
Even the rebelled empires constantly failing into rebellion when number of the cities increase.
One start right away when i decide to join another vassal to family.

-So on prince difficulty i somehow see that its dint mater how far the cities are once the dissent interrupt into civil war its going worse and worse to rollercoaster of rebellion that AI cannot handle.
-I manage to pull any trick and breaks that i know but they failing miserably and i currently dint have opponent and game is practically wined, because they empires fall apart and they arent capable of restore power, or its only temporable.
-They put some breaks as razing cities whit wonders or not retake city turned into barbarians.

-Maybe the Ai cannot handle it.
-Maybe i doom then all by deny tech trade.
Or its because manny civs perish shortly after start from barbarian rage.

I've still got some dissent tuning to do.

+can warriors/archers (Not owned by barbarians only by civs) receive "Anti-barbarian promotion"? (Like +25% against barbarians and another +25% against them in border)

While it would certainly be handy when playing with Raging Barbarians, but I think it's unnecessary otherwise.

+Arent animals hunting something not worthy of effort? Its look like to low profit from it. Range to short.

It's not meant to be an important strategy or anything, just something fun to do if any animals wander too close. On the slowest gamespeeds you can sometimes herd or lure animals closer.

-So can have AI some emergency break? Like put spy point production as to lower tech requirements like martial law? (But waiting tyme for next build)

I'm not sure what you mean by this, sorry.

+Have constabulary (ehm? PD station?) dissent decrease effect? Its not show in descrip pop up inside city buldings list, only on Civilopedia or Tech page?

It does reduce dissent. I haven't figured out how to modify building list tooltips yet. You may notice some other information is missing from them too (e.g faith). The pedia and tooltips in other places should all be correct.

+Another thing: Saltpeter: i have bad feeling from this resource request.

I'm not sure what you mean.

+...but are the diplomacy aspect of the game still editable?
I really hope, thinking about, that there will be something for counting valuable of "trade offer/request" in way when AI ask for giving tech it will remember that value (decreasing compare to new tech progress) then i ask for trade it will have effect on trading value math.
Something like "i owe you" or "Liabilities to you?" Or "you owe me"

I can not make any changes like this. K-Mod improves the AI's ability to evaluate trades though.

Top Bottom