Beta Testing

Sorry, not without uninstalling then re-installing again. Once you get back to warlords 2.00 then copy the folder and install the patch onto your normal "gaming" version, leaving the second copy at 2.00 for mod compatibility till they start getting converted.

GS:

There isn't really much that can be done from my side till Firaxis release the 2.08 SDK. However, I posted something for you on the other forum. :)

Dale

cool, i saw it, thanks :goodjob:

@Everyone
This mod works well enough to consistantly play on single player. So follow Dale's advice on reverting to 2.00 warlords
We can still debug the game rules and make more text submissions to the mod!!

^^^ He means 2.00 (Retail Release) Warlords. ;)

GarretSidzaka said:
Did you patch before playing. the beta was release the night before the 2.0.8.0 patch was, and it wont play when patched.

I did infact patch, but I reinstalled Warlords afterwards.

Fabrysse said:
I'm back !!!!!
Well. I'm now downloading. I'll try the mod this evening.
Hope that python work to make the mod running with the new Warlord version won't be too hard...

there is a problem. we are going to need to redo the Python and SDK...when the 2.0.8.0 SDK comes out :(

Garret: I know why the stadium shadow is pink. you need to copy the rest of the coloseum files from it's default location to the mod's stadium folder

GarretSidzaka said:
there is a problem. we are going to need to redo the Python and SDK...when the 2.0.8.0 SDK comes out :(

OK. It's not a problem. I haven't yet installed the patch to be able to test the game without installing a new version of Civ. I'll do it soon, and so, I'll see what have to be changed.

Here is a list of "problems" I listed while playing yesterday evening/night (no crash of game for me) :
  • There is no "Dawn of man TITLE". In French this title will be something like "Birth of humans". It should be modified for exemple just by "Second Revolution"...
  • We should replace the butons "Religion" (joined hands) by something else representing ideology...
  • Rebel coalition and Zapatistas doesn't know each other at the beginning of the game. Normal ?...
  • We should change the "religion advisor" to "ideology advisor"...
  • Playing as rebel coalition, we have to convert (revolution) to become Anarchist (the religion). So it's 1 turn of anarchy. I think this should be already done when game begins... And we should change the word "anarchy" to "chaos" or "civil desorder" everywhere it is...
  • When you open the game, rebels are not able to train "guerillas", and zapatistas are not able to train "zapatistas"... Is it logical ? Not sure. (I tried only these 2 civs, it might be the same for the others).
  • Turn 2: Calderon became vassal of Bush :( Testing an alpha version with the old map (V1.6), it was Canada that became vassal of Bush... If think you can modify that in the map.
  • A Great General was born in one of my cities. But the small icon appearing in the city, was the one of Great Ingenier.
  • Castro wanted me (zapatista) to become communist (he is mad !!). In each text about that he talked about religions. We should modify these texts to make them talking about ideology...
That's all for now.

cool, we'll get this one done!!

Fabrysse said:
  • There is no "Dawn of man TITLE". In French this title will be something like "Birth of humans". It should be modified for exemple just by "Second Revolution"..
  • fixing..."The heartbeat of Revolution beats again..."
  • We should replace the butons "Religion" (joined hands) by something else representing ideology...
  • Yeah, been working on that.... lemme see... ok i believe i have fixed it. changed 4 more instances of praying hands
  • Rebel coalition and Zapatistas doesn't know each other at the beginning of the game. Normal ?...
  • those are just some quirks of the game. the first one was like that, and im fine with it.
  • We should change the "religion advisor" to "ideology advisor"...
  • what would you recommend?
  • Playing as rebel coalition, we have to convert (revolution) to become Anarchist (the religion). So it's 1 turn of anarchy. I think this should be already done when game begins... And we should change the word "anarchy" to "chaos" or "civil desorder" everywhere it is...
  • ok im checking...cant find the text entry for anarchy....will have to update the map to set state religion. maybe civilizationinfos too
  • When you open the game, rebels are not able to train "guerillas", and zapatistas are not able to train "zapatistas"... Is it logical ? Not sure. (I tried only these 2 civs, it might be the same for the others).
  • i will have to fix this, too when i get into the map file.
  • Turn 2: Calderon became vassal of Bush :( Testing an alpha version with the old map (V1.6), it was Canada that became vassal of Bush... If think you can modify that in the map.
  • make them more pissed at each other?
  • A Great General was born in one of my cities. But the small icon appearing in the city, was the one of Great Ingenier.
  • that will probly be addressed in the official patch.
Castro wanted me (zapatista) to become communist (he is mad !!). In each text about that he talked about religions. We should modify these texts to make them talking about ideology...
That's all for now.[/quote]

that will be the final beta phase. completing the flavor texts!! not an easy task.

Thanks fabrysse, im glad i could get to some of those things!

GarretSidzaka said:
what would you recommend?
I think that just adding and modifying that should run :
Code:
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>TXT_KEY_RELIGION_SCREEN_TITLE</Tag>
		<English>Religion Advisor</English>
		<French>Conseiller religieux</French>
		<German>Religionsberater</German>
		<Italian>Consigliere religioso</Italian>
		<Spanish>Consejero religioso</Spanish>
	</TEXT>
EDIT : I'll add it (look at next next "edit")

GarretSidzaka said:
cant find the text entry for anarchy....
Do you want me to have a look and purpose something ?
EDIT : Don't know if you are still there, so I do it.

GarretSidzaka said:
make them more pissed at each other?
I don't know...

I changed :
  • "Religion" to "Ideology"
  • "Revolution" to "Trouble"
  • "Anarchy" to "Chaos"
  • "Holy City" to "Emblem City"
  • "Convert" (to a religion) to "Adopt" (an ideology)
  • "Faith" to "Ideology"

For each one, you can search/replace with what ever you prefer...

This file (download at bottom) should be placed in "Assets\XML\Text". Then, it should run (not tested).

Something else to do in this same file :
  • search "TXT_KEY_VOTE". You'll find texts for UNO resolutions (with the best civics). It would be better if the resolutions talk about the best civics of Second Revolution...
  • and search ancient civics too (I saw "religious freedom", but there is probably the others too) and replace with your best civics.
Not enough time now to do it...

Attachments

• CIV4GameTextInfos.zip
    147 KB · Views: 383
GarretSidzaka said:
[*]those are just some quirks of the game. the first one was like that, and im fine with it.

In the WBS in the team section you can set what teams have contact with each other.

Dale

Dale said:
In the WBS in the team section you can set what teams have contact with each other.

Dale

Yeah, i know in the first version i only learned about that late in my creation of it. But when i played it made sense because of the great distance that the civ's would have of enemy territory and no satellite networks. You will probly get in touch with them in 2-5 turns, depending on naval situations in the carribean.

So, after that, should we give them contact automatically?

Dale said:
Just so everyone knows, you won't be able to play this mod if you've upgraded to 2.08 warlords.

Well, not till next week when the sdk is released anyways. :)

Dale
The 2.08 patch I downloaded from the links here at civfanatics contained the SDK..

Top Bottom