1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Better Report Screen (UI) 5.8

Adds Policies impact, Units, Deals and many other improvements to the Report Screen.

1. Infixo

Infixo Deity

2. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Gotcha!
    One more proof any of your previous design choices are still as solid as necessary.. specially when tricky official patch updates can have serious impacts on some mods.

3. Infixo

Infixo Deity

4. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

@Infixo .. while you are in there -- i should mention that FinalFreak16's SimplifiedGossip was updated too this morning and it was conflicting with your Cities List tab panel (no data and a single crappy line of false details). Yes i dared using the old versions together anyway.
    So i suppose his hooks didn't recognized your indirect (old) swap of that third slot from default processing (he possibly requires a clean slate for the Firaxis "Report" XML structure, etc) or those valid changes aren't yet compatible with yours.
    Something to check later once you're done with the newest gimmick.

5. Infixo

Infixo Deity

6. Infixo

Infixo Deity

Simplified Gossip compatibility
    The latest version of the Simplified Gossip mod overwrites BRS. To fix this you need to remove or comment out the lines 66-72 in SimplifiedGossip.modinfo file. This file is in the folder where the mod is installed (either ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods or ...\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\1126451168).
    Code:
    <ReplaceUIScript id="SimpleGossip_ReportScreen" criteria="Expansion2">
    <Properties>
    <LoadOrder>6054</LoadOrder>
    <LuaContext>ReportScreen</LuaContext>
    <LuaReplace>UI/ReportScreen_FF16.lua</LuaReplace>
    </Properties>
    </ReplaceUIScript>

To comment out, use <!-- and -->, as in normal .xml file.

7. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Okay then.. that should explain why i get this Cities-Tab flaw when FF16's SimplifiedGossip mod is active while BRS is too.

BRS_Patch2-CitiesTabFlaw.png

Unless there is another issue.. i'll just have to fix his ModInfo local file as recommended! Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  8. Infixo

Infixo Deity

9. Tunnah

Tunnah Chieftain

Outstanding as usual mate, I was wondering though, will this update work OK with previous versions ? I've got a ton of custom edits, and until I can be bothered redoing them all I won't be updating yet, should I also hold off on this update or will I be good ?

10. Infixo

Infixo Deity

11. Tunnah

Tunnah Chieftain

Oh no I just meant, the Summer patch changes caused you to make changes to fit the Summer Patch. But say someone didn't apply the Summer patch, would BRS still be OK ? Does BRS work OK with pre-Summer Patch.

But it's all good pal, I actually just went through and modified all I needed to do (thank the gods for WinMerge!), and am currently up to date anyway :)

Infixo likes this.
  12. TheFinalChiTown

TheFinalChiTown Chieftain

@Infixo just downloaded your mod for the first time. Really great stuff. Makes playing the game much easier. You probably get feature requests all the time, but have you considered adding current production to the Cities tab? I see it's on the Yields tab, but it would be helpful to have on the Cities one as well. Again, great stuff.

13. Infixo

Infixo Deity

@TheFinalChiTown
    There was a modmod on Steam that changed districts icons into „what is produced” info. Not sure if it is still active.
    Addiding new info is problematic because there is simply no place for that. And I dont want to make a window bigger, because it wont fit on smaller screens. Not everyone uses 1920px.

14. TheFinalChiTown

TheFinalChiTown Chieftain

@Infixo makes sense. Just thought I'd throw it out there. Thanks again for the awesome mods. I've been trying your others as well. My favorite is the tech tree.

Infixo likes this.
  15. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

@Infixo ..

Any progress with ChimpanG (newest version of Civitas City-States) on adapting the shared HUD components with your BRS code.

He mentionned that your two mods are touching the same UI elements which causes various troubles on your basic screens (default size is reduced.. some initializing steps fail on most Tabs, etc).

Of course.. it's their "fault" but after stating he would contact you about this strange flaw -- please let me know if that still can be "repaired" easily.

16. Infixo

Infixo Deity

@Zyxpsilon CIVITAS City-States has only 3 lua: TradeOverview, CityStates and CivilopediaPage_CityState. They don't conflict with any lua from BRS. If there are issues with BRS then it is rather a matter of new modifiers introduced by City-States mod that are not known to Real Modifier Analysis module.

17. Infixo

Infixo Deity

I've tracked the bug.
    In the file CSE_ShahrESukhte.sql there is line 32:
    ('CSE_SHAHR_E_SUKHTE_CULTURE_PEACE', 'YieldTYpe', 'YIELD_CULTURE' ),
    It should be YieldType. Lua is case-sensitive and YieldTYpe is unrecognized by the script.

shaglio likes this.
  18. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

@Infixo
    omg.. that *is* the only flaw that could wreck the whole BRS altogether?
    I've been puzzled beyond words for a number of tricky code fixes in the past but that certainly beats them all.
    Thanks.
    PS; Do you mind if i share this swift solution with ChimpanG (privately)?

19. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

I already posted it on the CIVITAS Discord.

Infixo likes this.
  20. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Great then.. thank you, LK!
    ((I really should hook to that Channel, btw))