Better Report Screen (UI)

Better Report Screen (UI) 7.0

Yup.. really crazy to realize how much care any rational coders need to dump into their multi-tasks while still aiming for properly solid results.
My own silly adventure with debugging a stubborn file happened recently within a (rather simple) SQL cue list for custom Wonders images to be used in the History-Timeline as a major concept for the CHMZ mod.
I had "lazily" completed the whole thingy of 49 instructions & just ONE had such a typo that locked me out of proper testing for almost three hours of head scratching idiocy.

( 'MOMENT_ILLUSTRATION_WONDER', 'MOMENT_DATA_BUILDING', 'BUILDING_BOLSHOI_THEATRE', 'CHMZ_Moment_Wonder_BolshoiTheater.dds' ),

The initial flaw was just THEATER!! (The DDS source was primarily named that way)
I kept yelling hell at our Canadian bilinguism for days after the wacky situation.
:p

I've tracked the bug.
In the file CSE_ShahrESukhte.sql there is line 32:
('CSE_SHAHR_E_SUKHTE_CULTURE_PEACE', 'YieldTYpe', 'YIELD_CULTURE' ),
It should be YieldType. Lua is case-sensitive and YieldTYpe is unrecognized by the script.
I'm so glad you found this. I just started a new game with CIVITAS' City States and encountered problems with BRS. I was dreading having to stop using either one, but now I can continue to use both.

Actually, the above solution didn't seem to work. Maybe I'm having a different issue than Zyxpsilon is having.

When I initially go to the drop-down menu on the main screen, no matter which report I select it takes me to the Yield report. I then have to use the tabs at the top of the window to go to the report I want. Subsequent times selecting reports from the drop-down menu bring me back to last report I viewed, where I then have to use the tabs in the window to navigate.

The window is also smaller than it used to be, and in the top right corner that is a word with $'s at the begging and ending. Hopefully, when I get home from work today, I'll remember to take a screen shot to show you what I'm babbling about.

Also, on the Units screen, I'm having problems with upgrading. I'll click on the upgrade arrow and the unit will upgrade, but the arrow icon will still be there.

Everything was working perfectly fine until I downloaded the CIVITAS City States mod, so i assume there's a conflict between the two mods.

@shaglio If you could upload - Database, Modding, & Lua logs would be helpful as well.
I hope this works. I've never uploaded logs in Civ 6 before.

ETA: It says "$Totals$" in the top right corner

Attachments

• Database.zip
    640 bytes · Views: 292
  • Lua.zip
    14.1 KB · Views: 211
  • Modding.zip
    40.3 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
@shaglio .. What you're reporting is exactly the kind of multiple flaws i also had, btw.

And -- as soon as i edited the previous file (as described earlier & recommended by @Infixo), everything went back to normal over here. Should add that the corrections are applied to new games but not to "current" saves, since such SQL Database modding needs global reset for new settings of fresh gameplay.

@shaglio .. What you're reporting is exactly the kind of multiple flaws i also had, btw.

And -- as soon as i edited the previous file (as described earlier & recommended by @Infixo), everything went back to normal over here. Should add that the corrections are applied to new games but not to "current" saves, since such SQL Database modding needs global reset for new settings of fresh gameplay.
Hmmmm. I made the changes Infixo recommended, loaded up my then-current game and saw no change. So I quickly started a new game and BRS looked normal. Then I finished my then-current game and started a new one and BRS was back to broken.

I don't know if I was imagining it looking normal with that quick game I started up. Or maybe since I continued playing the original game, the changes I made reverted back. I'll have to check that file again tonight and see if it says "TYpe" again. If so, I'll have to quit my current game, make the changes again, and then start another game.

So you asked for my logs on Steam, i giv'em now
Thanks for taking a look at it

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    228.2 KB · Views: 390
First, fix your DB errors.
Database.log should NOT have ANY errors from DB. This is like a first rule of running mods. Any DB error will have consequences later and you may not even know where it comes from. Very simple - NO ERRORS. If a mod causes an error and you can't fix it - disable it.

[544240.938] [Configuration] ERROR: no such table: Resource_Consumption
This error is from loading InGame content during FrontEnd actions. It's either Civitas Resources or Mo's Strategic Resources. They both use the same file name, you need to disable them individually and see when the error disappears.

[544343.169] [Gameplay] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: Improvement_ValidFeatures.ImprovementType, Improvement_ValidFeatures.FeatureType
[544343.168] UpdateDatabase - Loading NEWImprovements.xml
Can't say which mod is this, look for a file NEWImprovements.xml.

[544343.810] [Gameplay] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: TechnologyPrereqs.Technology, TechnologyPrereqs.PrereqTech
[544343.810] [Gameplay]: In XMLSerializer while updating table TechnologyPrereqs from file RTT_Technologies.xml.
This is from Real Tech Tree, and since this is my mod, and I am sure it is working ok, then there is some other mod that changes Technologies and clashes with RTT.

[544343.816] [Gameplay] ERROR: table RSTFlavors already exists
This is from Real Strategy. It is caused by CIVITAS City-States and if you go to the RST page (here or on steam) there is an explanation how to fix it.
This will also fix all errors in Lua.log.

[544343.916] [Gameplay] ERROR: near "VALUES": syntax error
[544343.916] UpdateDatabase - Loading AiFavoredItems/AddAiFavoredItems.sql
[544323.863] 8103feb6-3844-455d-bf73-d169cda9ad9d (Extended Techtree)
This is from Extended Techtree, and it is a syntax error, so it is not related to any other mod.
I also suspect that ExtTree also messes upo with RTT.

Runtime Error: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\DLC\Expansion2\UI\Replacements\LaunchBar_Expansion2.lua:79: function expected instead of nil
This is caused by UI Plugins Framework.

Thanks for your help, I'm going to deal with all that :)

EDIT : instead of harassing different modders because of all the bugs I have, is there a place where i can learn how to understand these 3 files in order to detect the origin of the bugs by myself ?

Last edited:
A great mod - especially the screen for policy effects is a very useful tool for making quick and informed decisions.

A small thing I noticed in regard to the Naval Infrastructure policy - the mod currently only displays the additional gold you get from the doubled adjacency bonus of the harbor district, but not the extra production you get in case a shipyard is present as well (which is doubled by the policy, too). Not sure if adding that is possible technically, but if, it would be great.

@Pfeffersack Similar point was brought up on Steam workshop, so I will copy an answer from there.
This bonus is defined for this specific building, it is not defined on the policy level. When the mod analyzes a policy, it doesn’t know that such effects might exist in the game. So, the answer is no, can’t be easily done

Is this mod compatible with any of astog's mods (Better Trade Screen, More Lenses, Better Espionage Screen)?

Concise UI already has Better Trade Screen & Better Espionage Screen.
I use CUI + Better Report Screen + More Lenses all the time without any problem !

Top Bottom