Between a nuke and hard place

I have a few questions/suggestions that I believe deserve a separate post:

-What starting date are we using? For my RP I am assuming that we are starting at 2012 CE, if I am wrong I can change it.
-Do you mind massive additions to the history of Stureesundtails? If not, then you might want to decanonify some of my next RP burst. :mischief:

Also, I have a suggestions for where the NPC nations can go:

-Lelouch Imperium should be renamed Holy Britannian Empire, because I know that he is obsessed with it and Lelouch is a character Code Geass. It should take up the rest of the Northern Continent, the unclaimed islands in the centre and a portion of Meytee. He should be at war with both the Grand Alliance and Thanyou Empire. I know that is quite a lot of land, but he was one of the big players in all this Epic stuff.
-Yoshiland and United Nation of Ilduce should take up the rest of Meytee.

These are just suggestions, it's Tambien's game, he's allowed to do what he wants. :)

Its currently the year CE 2020, and its also a world slightly more advanced than we will be in 2020. if the fact we have railguns on many ships as well as well-developed space colonies. this stems from the central Islands connecting 3 of the 4 major Continents. Trade was far more common, as was attempts to colonize the other continents. to this date, they have been extremely limited in size though. the nations they encounter tend to repel the first attempt. And then the second atttempt is even harder as they now are aware of you, and your enemy, who now starts trading with them. The Union is allied with the Duchy because even though the Tambien Empire had once successfully conquered us, the Thanyou empire has attempted to invade us several times, with only one succeeding in taking territory. It sent us into the Tambien sphere, helped by the fact that we never developed our own religion. Tambienism was our first religion. A

The Tambien Empire conquering Dadwa would have been the most successful colonization attempt in history, had the empire not collapsed the same year, as a result.

Also, we almost control the exact territory of the Dadwa Empire. Only the central islands it controlled are needed as well as the two zones needing liberation. other than that, due to geography, our borders are the same.

Note: The government of the Union, consider us a direct continuation of the Dadwa Empire. As the replacement for it was still based in Daedwartia, and that the emperor of Dadwa was alive still and led this nation, and his family line ruled the kingdom the city was the capital of the twelve zones had been allied with, and was the family responsible for the unification, with the capital being Daedwartia, this view has some legitimacy. The same city has ruling the nation since 200 BCE, and most of it under the same family, which is now in control of the Union, we interally consider it a period where we were just extremely close to the edge.

Here.

A Grand Tour Of N Part I:

(OCC: I am retconning my nation to always have been called N, it was never the weird name I gave it.)

Introduction

Nation: N (many believe that it is "The Nation of N", but that is wrong. Don't make this mistake in front of an Nstralian, or they will get extremely angry)

Flag:

(OCC: Because why not?)

Nation Color: Bluey-Grey
Geographical Location: South Tambu
Government Type: Democracy officially, but NinjaCow64's party hasn't lost an election (which were all conducted legitimately) ever.
Motto: We Will Stand Against What Shall Not Be Named
Religious Makeup: 39% Agnostic/Atheist/Non-Religious, 30% Brotherhood of Mod (more to come on them later), 15% Christosian, 5% Tambu, 5% METY Worshippers, 1% Formatters, 5% Other.
Official Language: Nglish
Economic System: A mixture of Public and Private economies
Main Exports: Weapons, Computers

Affiliation: Neutral

History of N (with pictures!):

The region of N, also known as South Tambu, was not united until the 1795 CE, before then the region was highly unstable, ruled by a multitude of warlords all fighting with their tiny little empires. No warlord held onto his position for more than a year, there were too many conspiracies and betrayals for one ruler to emerge. That is until, Ninja Cat arrived.

A cartoon depicting the various warlord's armies beating the carp out of each other, for some reason it is in French.

Ninja Cat looked like a plain old cat, but he boasted the ability to speak Nglish and a multitude of other languages, plus almost godlike fighting prowess. On the dawn of 1795 CE, he unified the entirety of N in, except for the two puppet states controlled by the Thanyou Empire on either side of South Tambu. He named this new domain "The Cat Cindom" (Pronounced "The Cat Kingdom"). Ninja Cat quickly signed non aggression pacts with it's neighbours and organized a generous open borders policy with Thanyou's puppet kingdoms in South Tambu.

A famous painting of Ninja Cat, painted on December 31st 1799 CE, on the eve of Ninja Cat's disappearance

Ninja Cat mobilized the Cat Cindom to rapidly industrialise itself. Along with this industrialization he ordered a capital, called Nity, to be built in the middle of the Cindom. He ruled over the populace from the great Nall, which was the first building to be built in Nity. On the dawn of the 19th Century CE, Ninja Cat inexplicably disappeared. The Cingdom was in crisis: Ninja Cat did not have any kittens that were known, so there were no heirs! The Cindom was in crisis, the region ran the risk of devolving back into the warlord era it was stuck in for so long. Luckily for the Cingdom, Ninja Cat had prepared a lengthy plan for the bureaucrats (refereed to by the Cing as "beureaucats") to follow, so the Cingdom didn't even NEED a Cing. The Cat Cingdom, often refered to as "The Kingless Kingdom" by many other heads of state, continued in this strange situation until 1952.

Left: A picture of N in 2012 CE and the surrounding regions. The black dot is the location of Nity.
Right: The great Nall, still the seat of power for all of N.

Nothing terribly exciting happened in the Cat Cingdom until the 1952. During this period, the Cat Cingdom remained fairly isolated from the rest of the world. Society was stable, the economy was finding it's feet, all in all life was fairly good for the Nstralians. But then, disaster struck, not only for N, but for the whole world.

An immigrant from Yoshiland known as Dhoomstriker was experimenting with trying to create a formula for eternal life, a popular pursuit for biologists during the early 20th Century. He was experimenting his formulas on parrots, the latest formula increased the aggression and the strength of the parrots. One parrot was so strong it managed to escape its cage and bite Dhoomstriker. Dhoomstriker underwent a horrible mutation, transforming into the completely insane half man half parrot hybrid known as Parroclese. A swarm of billions of parrots streamed out of his body like some sick alien creature. Under Parroclese's command, the parrots attempted to take over Stureesundtails.

The horrendous Parroclese, in front of his world palace. Not all of his gigantic wings are pictured in this photograph.

These parrots had the ability to go inside people's bodies, turning them into parrot zombies. After one hour, most of Stureesundtails governments surrendered to the parrot menace. One of the only countries that did not surrender was the Cat Cingdom, as there were no guidelines for surrender in Ninja Cat's plans. Therefore, the Cat Cingdom was the nation that suffered the most and the hands of the parrots.

A photograph of a parrot zombie, they were used as basic footsoldiers by very short lived parrot government.

However, hope was not lost for humanity. After 24 hours of Parroclese's rule, an alien civilisation known as the Mods came down with their highly advanced spaceship and started to eradicate the parrots and parrot zombies with their advanced weaponry. As humanity never made contact with this species, we do not know their intentions. When Parroclese was destroyed by one of the Mod's missiles, the rest of the parrots retreated into space. The Mods disappeared, leaving a huge human death toll numbered in the millions, from both the parrot's conquest and the people caught in the crossfire from the Mods' intervention. However, most nations reformed themselves after this brief interlude of war, but not the Cat Cingdom.

A picture of one a spaceship used by the Mods.

The Cat Cingdom couldn't reform itself, the plans set out by Ninja Cat were lost. However, a man named NinjaCow64, one of the leaders of the resistance against the parrots, used his influence to found the successor state to the Cat Cingdom, N. NinjaCow64 claimed to come from a family of 63 other NinjaCows, who were in the background of N's history for many years. The first elections were held in 1955 and NinjaCow64 was elected unanimously and has won every election since.

N redeveloped its economy by selling weapons that it created, specifically designed to fight the parrots in case they ever returned. These sold like hotcakes in the late fifties, where the governments of the world were scared that the parrots would return. Although N continues to produce these weapons, they stopped being bought as frequently around 1960, where the parrot hysteria had died down quite a lot. A new industry was created to compensate for the downfall of their weapons sales: computers. N boasts the second greatest computing company in the world, Nicrosoft, only beaten by the amazingly advanced computers in the Tomorrow Foundation (they are a technocracy after all). However, Nicrosoft's computers are used much wider.

The year is now 2020 and N is watching the world fall around them from the sidelines. President NinjaCow64, now 81 years old, has offered a non aggression treaty to all nations, as they do not want to lose trade from any of its customers. The question is, what will tomorrow bring for N? Only time will tell.

President NinjaCow64, sitting down to start a day of hard politiking...

Next Time: Religions and the Brotherhood of Mod

(OCC: I was going to do religions in this post, but I am burned out now. If there is anything in there that people think shouldn't be canon, tell me and I might change it.)

Here

Pope Gregorios III condems violence and declares Anathema on both sides of the War.

Here

Pope Gregorios III condems violence and declares Anathema on both sides of the War.
OOC:
FOR THE LAST TIME. YOUR RELIGIOUS AUTHORIES DO NOT HAVE ANY CONTROL WHAT SO EVER ON ANY NATION OTHER THAN YOUR OWN. Your religion is only found in your territory and your territory alone. We could care less about what your pope declares about us. YOUR CHURCH'S DESICSIONS HAVE NO CONRTOL US BECAUSE WE ALL BELONG TO DIFFERENT RELIGIONS. You can only condemn the war, not declare anathema.

Caps are intended.
IC :
The Grand Daedwartian Union demands that the Church of Christos stop declaring that we have violated his pope 's " divine authority," as it has no effect on our stability or politics other than getting us irritated with him. Tambienism is not some offshoot of your religion, as indeed, it existed before we could even reach you.

The Grand Daedwartian Union demands that the Church of Christos stop declaring that we have violated his pope 's " divine authority," as it has no effect on our stability or politics other than getting us irritated with him. Tambienism is not some offshoot of your religion, as indeed, it existed before we could even reach you.

The Pope cares for his children and tries to bring them to the road of truth.

Then respect your "children's" wishes and stop with these religious condemnations. If you want to condemn us, do so politically via political channels.

The Pope shall try convert you to Christosianity.

@ Ninja: Well your nation's history has been heavily editied by the Ministry of Love, I can see. ;)

IC:

The Imperial Duchy of Tambien cuts all ties with the Holy Christosian Dominion so it is not annoyed by the heretical rantings of its "Pope."

The Union supports this and does the same. We withdraw all recognition of the Holy Christosian Dominion. We however, will maintain peace for now.

The Tomorrow Foundation forwards a guarantee that their long-range, non-deleterious main cannons will not be fired excepting two conditions:
-A naval/aerial/land/identifiably cybernetic assault on sovereign Foundation territory or servers.
-Sufficient (70%) calls from the international community to assist in the diffusion of an extreme crisis.

Should Dumanios be conquered, the government, along with 640,000 refugees, will leave the planet for one of the Republic's extraterrestrial colonies.

@ Ninja: Well your nation's history has been heavily editied by the Ministry of Love, I can see. ;)

No, actually, it hasn't. Seriously, if you had a choice between voting for someone who helped save N, or some annoying politician, who would you vote for?

IC:

N offers trade proposals of computers for money to all nations. We will not sell our weapons during this time of crisis, we do not want to make money off of human misery and suffering. Besides, these weapons aren't nearly as effective against humans as they are against parrots/parrot zombies.

@Grand Alliance & Thanyou Empire:

N is proposing a treaty between all three of us. N wishes that the fighting stays out of South Tambu, as this would endanger our citizens. Therefore, this treaty, "The Treaty of Nity", is an NAP between me and all participants in the Second Epic War that will become null and void if either of you sends one soldier into South Tambu, including Thanyou's South Tambu holdings.

No, actually, it hasn't. Seriously, if you had a choice between voting for someone who helped save N, or some annoying politician, who would you vote for?

IC:

N offers trade proposals of computers for money to all nations. We will not sell our weapons during this time of crisis, we do not want to make money off of human misery and suffering. Besides, these weapons aren't nearly as effective against humans as they are against parrots/parrot zombies.

@Grand Alliance & Thanyou Empire:

N is proposing a treaty between all three of us. N wishes that the fighting stays out of South Tambu, as this would endanger our citizens. Therefore, this treaty, "The Treaty of Nity", is an NAP between me and all participants in the Second Epic War that will become null and void if either of you sends one soldier into South Tambu, including Thanyou's South Tambu holdings.
ITD does not agree. All of Thanyou's lands are up for grabs if invasion begins.

OOC: Tambien, start rolling some random events, lol.
OOC: I would, but I gotz no idea for ones? Do you? Does anyone? (Actually, I do, and I'm doing it now)

And here are the results.
1-5: Tambien troops enter Thanyou under orders from confused General
6-10: Nothing Happens
11-15: Thanyou troops enter Tambien under orders from confused General

Rolled: 13

BREAKING NEWS

Thanyou troops have finally crossed the border! Thanyou troops have landed on the shores of Hanen Bay. Tambien troops are fighting bravely, but the Thanyous have occupied a large section of beach and all lines have basically stalled!

OOC: Actually, I have decided not to join, due to lack of time to write real RP. Since my nation was made to be insignificant, it can and should be harmlessly removed from the map.

ITD does not agree. All of Thanyou's lands are up for grabs if invasion begins.

This is unacceptable. We consider all South Tambuans to be part of N, even the ones who are living in the two puppet states. We request that you leave these parts alone, otherwise you might make an enemy.

Top Bottom