1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Biggest FAIL ever

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by johnfalcon99977, Aug 9, 2010.

1. totalepicness

totalepicness Civilization Fanatic

On my very first game-

Send 30 machine guns to attack Isabella's capital which was defended by 9 marines.

FACEPALM

2. Optical

Optical The Fall of the Eleventh

:lol:

3. totalepicness

:aargh:

[pissed]

4. SouthernKing

SouthernKing crickety cricket

Funny. I was playing as Makuria in SoI. With a mini-stack I capture Jerusalem cuz I feel like it :D. I send some swords up to capture Acre. I capture a few more cities and then I have about 5 cities up there compared to 3 down in my core area :mischief: Then it all falls apart. I try to attack Damascus and lose about 5-6 of my best units. Antioch spawns and flips some of my cities. Aswan, north of my capital, decides to revolt. Jerusalem decides to leave my empire. I lose 2 swords taking it back. The KoJ spawns and flips Jerusalem and Acre. I bail on my dying empire and become Jerusalem.

Probably taking Jerusalem was not the best idea I have ever had.

5. stormlefty4life

stormlefty4life Chieftain

looks spelled right to me...hmmm....biggest I believe is right?!

6. totalepicness

A game I played the other day: I played as China (I had Catherine, Suleiman, Kublai Khan, and Napoleon as vassals) declared war on Hannibal who was south. I took three cities which where surrounded by chinese culture with tanks. The next turn, Khmer and Byzantium declared on me, and my good friends Mansa Musa and Bismarck and Bismarck's vassal Brennus declared on those three. Bismarck persuaded Zara Yaqob, Isabella, and Cyrus to join the war. They had Khmer and Byzantium under control, so I teched Composites and built an army of Modern Armor and invaded Carthaginian territory. after about 20 turns of fighting, Khmer and Byzantium capitulated and everyone turned on me. Catherine and Napoleon decided to revolt against me; Macau fell to German culture; Suleiman and Khan had useless military; Guangzhou, Denfeng, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Tianjin, and Chengdu were invaded; and all of the infrastructure around my remaining city Beijing was pillaged before I finally made a peace treaty.

Of course, the next turn:

ROHAN WINS A TIME VICTORY

7. Clam Spammer

Clam Spammer Prince

Well I had a fail day today...

- Bulbed Astronomy the same turn I finished Colossus (well at least no one else got it... :p)
    - Lost Pyramids by one turn... in 1230 AD.

8. J@ckRB

J@ckRB Chieftain

Missing out on the Pyramids by 1 turn, when pursuing a Philosophical Economy, and missing it to who?
    Spoiler :

Yes, Washington...

Also getting the Spearman barb uprise whilst shooting for the Hydra economy (aka hog religion using Izzy). My capital was protected with a warrior.

9. Loukoum427

Loukoum427 Chieftain

In my current game, I was so pleased to discover Philo that I switched to Pacifism to bulb GS every other turns... Without any religion in my island !!!

10. Wheatandoats

Wheatandoats Chieftain

In my current game, I was so pleased to discover Philo that I switched to Pacifism to bulb GS every other turns... Without any religion in my island !!!

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I didn't think philo worked without a religion.

11. joanne

joanne Barbarian

That's the fail ;)

I had a fail of my own last Sunday: I was Brennus building *chariots to rush Isabella. I had my eye on Madrid because it had two plains hill gold and two potential religious shrines. A few turns before declaring, I checked through the diplo screen to see if she had any metal - "Soon my numberless archer will destroy you all!" indicates the contrary so I go ahead with the rush. I declare then park my stack of a dozen or so chariots on a hill diagonal to Madrid with a plains tile separating my stack from her 4 archers. Then, out of nowhere, a forest grows on that plains tile, blocking my view of her city and more importantly delaying my chariots by one turn. Next turn I move the stack on the now-forested tile to see 3 archers remaining ... the moronic AI didn't whip extra defenders and even reduced them! Looking good for me right? The following turn, when my chariots were ready to attack, she whips a spear, and had moved two additional archers(including the one she moved out of the city earlier) for a total of 5 defending archers :aargh: When I checked the autosaves in WB later it turned out she'd just teched IW the turn before, and had iron under one roaded mine in Madrid's BFC! :wallbash: If it wasn't for the forest (reminds me of the Ents from LoTR :lol:) I would almost surely have captured it ... before that incident I loved chopping; now I love it even more :mad:

12. Optical

Optical The Fall of the Eleventh

Ouch... That is a fail (although to be fair you couldn't have known).

13. UziLogic

UziLogic Chieftain

On a game I played yesterday, I DoW'd on Wang Kon, me being Hannibal and all, I decided to go for the Numidian Cavalary rush around Turn 70 or so. Me being forgetful and myself, I forgot that he had iron right next to his capitol, and probably had Spearmen. I didn't mind it at first, since I thought that he only had Swordsman (I had Combat II Numidians), and thought I'd be able to take him down with ease.
    I probably should've brought a few Axemen in case of something like this, but I thought that it was unlikely they would build Spears. :sad:

14. Tortfeasor

Tortfeasor Chieftain

Earth 18 civs map. I played as America, wiped Monty out early and spread across the western hemisphere at the speed of fast. I then spent the next several centuries, till the modern age, colonizing Australia, south Africa, and bulking up my economy.

I then decided that France, who had taken out Spain, Germany, and Rome was getting a little too big for my tastes. England was good enough to give me their island and I prepared for my own version of Normandy. Several Tactical Nukes later Paris is unguarded and I'm ready to walk in. All was going well generally.

And then came the epic fail, my 55+ unit stack storms ashore and the tiny, little, totally unimportant detail that SDI only stops nukes in my territory leads to well... no more unit stack in one turn.

15. uat2d

uat2d ಠ_ಠ

:eek:

That should teach you, never allow the AI to get nukes.

I rather declare war on everyone on the world and build nothing but ICBMs to constantly destroy AI's uranium mines and seize their nearby-uranium cities than risk losing any troops to their nukes.

I once was playing with Shaka and detonated over 200 nukes on a Huge map. I obviously won that game because all the time I prevented the AI from building a single nuke and at the same time they lost all their military.

:bump: :nya:

16. Revenant

Revenant Warlord

These events happened to me quite some time ago, but they were so bad I think they bear mentioning again...

I invaded Babylon which had lots of nice coastal cities using a big stack of carriers, fighters, destroyers, battleships, transports, marines, infantry and tanks. About 100 units total. After taking about 6 cities I decide to take the whole stack into a city to heal for a turn or two. Hammurabi at this stage is offering no resistance. Suddenly I get declared on by Boudica (surprise surprise) and she manages to destroy the entire stack in one turn. I wonder how the hell that's even possible when I realise I forgot to unload the land units into the city. I had about two marines defending the city and everything else was in transports. Lost about 60% of my power in that one turn.

Another game I was well on my way to a domination victory. Two civs dead, one capped. Lincoln was next. I had just taken one of his cities. Next turn a vote for a religious victory comes up and everyone votes for Lincoln. Game over.
    Turns out the city I captured gave me my first Buddhist city which then allowed the religious victory to be enabled.

May that be a lesson to you all!

17. Vonreuter

Vonreuter Warlord

Not reloading is also a part of the challenge.

If you're ready to eliminate one part of the challenge, why not eliminate another, if it's bothering you?

18. The7Sins

The7Sins Hungry Burger

Had a new one today. "Gandhi has achieved a Domination victory."
    He was warmongering a lot in the game and made Shaka, Monty, Genghis, Cathy, Washington, and Mansa all capitulate to him. (albeit half of those decalred on Gandhi so it was in self defense) He also eliminated Wang, Bull, and De Gaulle. And then he turns the war machine on me and takes half my land (with Shaka' and Genghis' and Monty's help) and thereby has enough land and population to win it. The kicker is aggressive AI was not turned on.
    I was Toku BTW. Was trying for a culture win.

19. Tlc2011

Tlc2011 Pixel Cat

Bump :bump:

20. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Professional Killjoy Moderator

Why are you bumping this thread if you have nothing to add?