Blender Scripts for Civilization V and Civilization VI

Blender Scripts for Civilization V and Civilization VI 16.4

With the latest version of the scripts animations from Civ V, Civ VI and Beyond Earth can be loaded directly into Blender 2.8 for the first time. Thanks to @sukritact for his help. :goodjob:

Deliverator! Its been a long time, too long.

I still have Blender 2.79, and see you added support for 2.8 is that the 2.83LTS? Also they have 2.9 out, what do you recommend I download?
If you're using Blender 2.8+ you have to use the 2.8 scripts. The scripts should work for any version of Blender from 2.80 onwards

If you're using Blender 2.8+ you have to use the 2.8 scripts. The scripts should work for any version of Blender from 2.80 onwards
Eh? Sukritkun where have you been to meow. I still using 2.79 and this is the latest completed works
SiegeArtillery_Attack.jpg

^ Like it?

And which versions do you use today meow.

Thanks! Saw that Blender 2.83 is on steam so I'm going to try that out

Hey Ekmek! Only the CN6 script from Civ VI modding with CivNexus6 has been ported to Blender 2.8 so far - if you want to do Civ V graphics you need to stick with Blender 2.79 for now to use the NB2/BR2 scripts for Nexus Buddy 2.

Hey Ekmek! Only the CN6 script from Civ VI modding with CivNexus6 has been ported to Blender 2.8 so far - if you want to do Civ V graphics you need to stick with Blender 2.79 for now to use the NB2/BR2 scripts for Nexus Buddy 2.

Thanks Deliverator! Yeah I wouldn't mind importing Civ5 leaders into Civ6 (I like the realistic look better. I may just extract the models.

Thanks Deliverator! Yeah I wouldn't mind importing Civ5 leaders into Civ6 (I like the realistic look better. I may just extract the models.

I've already automated a process and released a few in the V Leaders Reborn project. Currently lacking both time and motivation to continue.

I have basic conversions done for all Civ V leaders but there is a bit of work in polishing the different texture maps and setting up the audio.

The following steps now work in Blender 3.4 with the updated io_import_na2.py add-on script for Blender 2.8+.
  1. Copy the files Samurai_ArmorA.fgx (the model) and Samurai_HeroAttackA.fgx (the animation) to a working folder.
  2. Open Samurai_ArmorA.fgx in CivNexus6.
  3. In the Additional Actions tab click Export Model (Current Model) to export to .cn6 format. The file Samurai_ArmorA.cn6 should be created.
  4. Next with Samurai_ArmorA still open, click Export Animation to NA2 and select Samurai_HeroAttackA.fgx. This should export the animation to the file Samurai_HeroAttackA__0.000-3.467.na2.
  5. In Blender use File > Import > CivNexus6 (.cn6) to import the file Samurai_ArmorA.cn6 that was created in step 3.
  6. Then use File > Import > Civilization Animation (.na2) to import the file Samurai_HeroAttackA__0.000-3.467.na2 created in step 4.
  7. Voila! Both model and animation should now be loaded to Blender.
1684878639556.png

The following steps now work in Blender 3.4 with the updated io_import_na2.py add-on script for Blender 2.8+.
  1. Copy the files Samurai_ArmorA.fgx (the model) and Samurai_HeroAttackA.fgx (the animation) to a working folder.
  2. Open Samurai_ArmorA.fgx in CivNexus6.
  3. In the Additional Actions tab click Export Model (Current Model) to export to .cn6 format. The file Samurai_ArmorA.cn6 should be created.
  4. Next with Samurai_ArmorA still open, click Export Animation to NA2 and select Samurai_HeroAttackA.fgx. This should export the animation to the file Samurai_HeroAttackA__0.000-3.467.na2.
  5. In Blender use File > Import > CivNexus6 (.cn6) to import the file Samurai_ArmorA.cn6 that was created in step 3.
  6. Then use File > Import > Civilization Animation (.na2) to import the file Samurai_HeroAttackA__0.000-3.467.na2 created in step 4.
  7. Voila! Both model and animation should now be loaded to Blender.
View attachment 662843
But no .NA2 exporting script for me gentleman. I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED one because I'm ALSO working on unit animation as well. a unit I ALWAYS want to do for SO LONG.

But no .NA2 exporting script for me gentleman. I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED one because I'm ALSO working on unit animation as well. a unit I ALWAYS want to do for SO LONG.

One uses FBX format to export animation data from Blender to Civ 6 so there's no need for an NA2 export script.

Top Bottom