• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Blizzard Wants Copyright Laws Changed

It seems their argument is:

1) You don't own a copy of the game, only one license.
2) The license doesn't allow you to copy the game from one medium (CD/DVD/HD) to another (RAM). Doing so is copyright infringement.
3) But Blizzard choses to tolerate 2) if you follow the EULA and the programme is copied to RAM.
4) The EULA forbids cheating.

So if you cheat, you violate the EULA, which means Blizzard no longer tolerates your "breach of copyright". Of course this means that buying the game/license doesn't entitle you to actually start it. Even installing it might already be a breach of copyright, if i understand their position correctly.

So if you cheat, you violate the EULA, which means Blizzard no longer tolerates your "breach of copyright". Of course this means that buying the game/license doesn't entitle you to actually start it. Even installing it might already be a breach of copyright, if i understand their position correctly.

But even if everything is true, it's the user violating copyright, not Glider.

They're just pissed that glider is only detectable through direct observation. They spent millions on their spyware warden and it does nothing.

But even if everything is true, it's the user violating copyright, not Glider.

They're just pissed that glider is only detectable through direct observation. They spent millions on their spyware warden and it does nothing.

They still have that warden thing? It didn't work in the days of D2, either...
But yeah, you're right. If Glider doesn't use any resources from WOW, i don't see how they have a case. If it modifies their code, there might be one, but that would require a different line of argumentation.

I can see how this could snowball into something much worse.

Next step is that if thay dont like how you play thay will send cops to your door (if thay can reach you or think thay need to make an example of you) to harrase/arrest/sue/anything else thay want based on bad laws.

Top Bottom