Blue Marble Terrain

inertiadriftsc said:
this mod actually like fixed the slowdown issue i was having with civ 4. very very bizzare

It lessened the slowdown for me as well.

to uninstall, just go run the exe again, and click the uninstall button.

EvantheSavage said:
I think the only way to uninstall the mod is to reinstall civ4

Are you saying it overwrites teh civ4 original files, rather than adding itself as a mod using the directory structure that civ4 makes available for this very purpose???

Holy Crap!!! this looks awesome!!!! the terrain is so much smoother and mixed together better!!

just one problem, I installed it, and now the sound is dead, any one know how to fix that?

whoops.............................the sound was turned off............:wallbash:

This mod is simply amazing. It immerses you so much in the game more then the default terrain. Civ 4 already has terrific graphics but this takes it to a whole new level. :goodjob:

jaeenox said:
I am unsure if I like the BM graphics. It is difficult to tell various terrains from one another. Also with the mod installed I have a crash to desktop problem for the first time. I get near 2000BC and the game randomly crashes. I did not have this problem with the original graphics. Is there an easy way to uninstall the mod?
There is a button for uninstalling right next to the install button on the installation interface.

ColdFever, I don't know who to turn to about this; I am currently using your mod to create my own mod (for my personal use, I doubt anyone would actually want to play what I want to play).

Anyway, in Terrain/CIV4TerrainSettings.xml there is: iGameCellSizeX and iGameCellSizeY; which are both set to a value of 17. I am quite certain this is the size of the 'tiles' or 'cells'.

My Problem is that if I change this value to anything, and load civ4, it will crash (during the loading of the map). Do you (or anyone else) know anything about this?

I guess I don't give a lot of thought to graphics in games generally, but I tried this mod and to be honest, I can't really tell the difference. What is it meant to have improved? Can we see some before/after comparison screenshots please?

So if this has to be loaded up as a mod, what happens if you want to use these graphics with another mod? Hmm.

meowsqueak said:
I guess I don't give a lot of thought to graphics in games generally, but I tried this mod and to be honest, I can't really tell the difference. What is it meant to have improved? Can we see some before/after comparison screenshots please?

There are before and after screenshots throughout this thread, you should read through it.

This mod is quite simple in its changes, it basically just makes the terrain look more earthy; and to me and a lot of others, that is a great thing; but also, to many, it's not that great. All depends on what feeling you want your game to give off.

You know how I feel. This is a very cool graphics mod. :) It's even better that ColdFever made the install/uninstall process a breeze. The scale utility is also very nice.

I certainly would recommend people download it and play a game with it. If you end up not liking the color/feel of the terrain after that, it's simple to uninstall.

MeteorPunch said:
I really like the mixing of the white snow on the tundra. I never liked the original dark brown tundra color, so this is a very welcome change.
For the Tundra credits go to Firaxis, because this is the original Tundra of an ancient Pre-Alpha version that I just loved and only spiced up a bit. So this is one of the exceptions where no satellite data has been used.

VippiN said:
So if this has to be loaded up as a mod, what happens if you want to use these graphics with another mod? Hmm.
The kind of installation I used makes it compatible with all mods and scenarios. And mods and scenarios bringing their own terrain will automatically use this one, so there should be no problem.

Snoopy said:
In Terrain/CIV4TerrainSettings.xml there is: iGameCellSizeX and iGameCellSizeY; which are both set to a value of 17. I am quite certain this is the size of the 'tiles' or 'cells'. My Problem is that if I change this value to anything, and load civ4, it will crash (during the loading of the map). Do you (or anyone else) know anything about this?
No, sorry. But you probably are looking for something else.
Have a look in GlobalDefines.xml for this:
<DefineName>PLOT_SIZE</DefineName>
<fDefineFloatVal>180.0</fDefineFloatVal>

The intro text is strange. It gives the impression that the NASA Blue Marble team is responsible for this mod. This cannot be true, can it?

I don't see the least bit of difference, if those are adjusted samples.

edited - Excuse me. I was talking about page one. I still don't see any difference apart from somewhat greener and darker tones generally.

Top Bottom